Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Actually the European players have a period of adjustment. They just don't barge in the NBA and make an impact. In my opinion, it's easier for players to adjust from FIBA rules to NBA rules than from NBA rules to FIBA rules. The NBA rules are more lenient compared to FIBA rules.

I can't seem to understand the point you are driving at.

What an IRONY. Come to think of it, is it not that all players played in FIBA rules before turning pro? Obviously at the start of their careers they were once amatures playing under FIBA rules whether that be in High School or College ball the least. Am sure no player in the NBA would have played their first organized ball under NBA rules.

In this case, all players should have an easy time adjusting whether they're Europeans, Asians or Americans if it is due to playing in FIBA rules then shifting to NBA rules.

The point iI guess is that since it is already given that all players have played in FIBA rules, the adjustment of each individual is a function of their talent/skill vis a vis the rules. What I am saying here is that we've seen players that are good in international plays but suddenly becomes marginal players in the nba.

Guest megalodon
I can't seem to understand the point you are driving at.

What an IRONY. Come to think of it, is it not that all players played in FIBA rules before turning pro? Obviously at the start of their careers they were once amatures playing under FIBA rules whether that be in High School or College ball the least. Am sure no player in the NBA would have played their first organized ball under NBA rules.

In this case, all players should have an easy time adjusting whether they're Europeans, Asians or Americans if it is due to playing in FIBA rules then shifting to NBA rules.

The point iI guess is that since it is already given that all players have played in FIBA rules, the adjustment of each individual is a function of their talent/skill vis a vis the rules. What I am saying here is that we've seen players that are good in international plays but suddenly becomes marginal players in the nba.

What's the irony with what I said? You merely echoed what I quoted. The irony is your alternick. Laker fan ka pero Celts gamit mo. :lol:

Edited by megalodon
^^Which is why I said that it is easier for players who have been playing under FIBA rules like Gasol to adjust from FIBA rules to NBA rules coz the NBA rules are more lenient.

Lahat naman ng EURO players have played under FIBA rules at one point or the other. as such if yan ang batayan dapat lahat sila nakapag-adjust tulad ni Gasol? Pero bakit ang tulad ni Darko M hindi naging maganda ang adjustment sa NBA?

Then again, even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA. So how come some find it difficult to adjust once they are in the big league?

Kaya nga sinabi ko ang main consideration (to be able to adjust) would be the talent/skill of the player (and not merely being able to play under FIBA rules) since all of them have played under FIBA rules one way or the other.

So it is clear that I am actually questioning your statement, in case you can't understand and not echoed it.

Guest megalodon

Lahat naman ng EURO players have played under FIBA rules at one point or the other. as such if yan ang batayan dapat lahat sila nakapag-adjust tulad ni Gasol? Pero bakit ang tulad ni Darko M hindi naging maganda ang adjustment sa NBA?-I was talking European players in general. Just look at the European players in the NBA. If there are 50 of them, about 40 are either part of the starting 5 or productive bench players like Rudy Fernandez. Why don't you take a look at how they play. With the exception of Dirk Nowitzki, almost all the Euro players are excellent support players like Stojakovic. Ang hina ng pick up mo. Ganun ka pa din kabopols? :lol:

Then again, even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA. So how come some find it difficult to adjust once they are in the big league? Hindi naman FIBA rules ang NCAA rules. May pagkakaiba. Tignan mo ng mabuti bago ka magsalita.

Kaya nga sinabi ko ang main consideration (to be able to adjust) would be the talent/skill of the player (and not merely being able to play under FIBA rules) since all of them have played under FIBA rules one way or the other.- I was merely stating that it is easier for a player who played under FIBA rules to adjust to NBA rules. Nice alternick peithe. :lol:

So it is clear that I am actually questioning your statement, in case you can't understand and not echoed it.

Edited by megalodon

Actually .. If you try to watch the Euro League ... Their rules are more of FIBA type ... That's why they don't have a hard time playing in FIBA tournaments ...

Actually ... The NCC team have won the Jones Cup before participating in the PBA ... By that time .. They have nothing much to prove since everything was already in place ... The NCC Team was a guest team ... But was part of the tournament .. Eventually winning the Reinforced Conference against the Francois Wise powered Manila Beer team via sweep ... 4 -0 ...

They Won the Asian Youth ... Participated in the ABC Tournament in Qatar (they were disqualified then) .. World Cup for Champion Clubs (with the Americans ... Oscar Schmidt powered Brazil (lost by 1 point) ... and the Dino Meneghin powered Italian Club (RP won by 10 points) .... Jones Cup champions ... and eventually winning the 1985 ABC Championship ...

Guest megalodon

Actually .. If you try to watch the Euro League ... Their rules are more of FIBA type ... That's why they don't have a hard time playing in FIBA tournaments ...Correct

Actually ... The NCC team have won the Jones Cup before participating in the PBA ... By that time .. They have nothing much to prove since everything was already in place ... The NCC Team was a guest team ... But was part of the tournament .. Eventually winning the Reinforced Conference against the Francois Wise powered Manila Beer team via sweep ... 4 -0 ...-As I said in my earlier post, it is easier for players who have played under FIBA rules to adjust to pro rules like the NBA or PBA since the pro rules are more lenient.

They Won the Asian Youth ... Participated in the ABC Tournament in Qatar (they were disqualified then) .. World Cup for Champion Clubs (with the Americans ... Oscar Schmidt powered Brazil (lost by 1 point) ... and the Dino Meneghin powered Italian Club (RP won by 10 points) .... Jones Cup champions ... and eventually winning the 1985 ABC Championship ...-As early as that time, Coach Jacobs was already using a European style program which is why NCC held a candle against any team in Asia.

Lahat naman ng EURO players have played under FIBA rules at one point or the other. as such if yan ang batayan dapat lahat sila nakapag-adjust tulad ni Gasol? Pero bakit ang tulad ni Darko M hindi naging maganda ang adjustment sa NBA?-I was talking European players in general. Just look at the European players in the NBA. If there are 50 of them, about 40 are either part of the starting 5 or productive bench players like Rudy Fernandez. Why don't you take a look at how they play. With the exception of Dirk Nowitzki, almost all the Euro players are excellent support players like Stojakovic. Ang hina ng pick up mo. Ganun ka pa din kabopols? :lol:

Hindi ako mahina umintindi ... its just that you can't express yourself freely. Look at your previous post, you stated EUROPEAN PLAYERS ... not European Player "IN GENERAL" as you're stating now. There is a bid difference there.

Then again, even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA. So how come some find it difficult to adjust once they are in the big league? Hindi naman FIBA rules ang NCAA rules. May pagkakaiba. Tignan mo ng mabuti bago ka magsalita.

Magbasa ka din maige bago ka mag-react. I said "even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA". Did I specifically mentioned NCAA? Ang sinabi ko lang "even american players have played under FIBA rules".

Kaya nga sinabi ko ang main consideration (to be able to adjust) would be the talent/skill of the player (and not merely being able to play under FIBA rules) since all of them have played under FIBA rules one way or the other.- I was merely stating that it is easier for a player who played under FIBA rules to adjust to NBA rules. Nice alternick peithe. :lol:

All i am saying here is having played fiba brand of ball is not the sole basis since there are other factors like talent/skills to consider. I guess this is non debatable since ikaw na rin nagsabi "you're talking in general" so that means its not a fool proof that those with fiba experience will have an easy time adjusting

I just wonder why you always react negatively when challenged?

Guest megalodon

Hindi ako mahina umintindi ... its just that you can't express yourself freely. Look at your previous post, you stated EUROPEAN PLAYERS ... not European Player "IN GENERAL" as you're stating now. There is a bid difference there. -Oh so I need to say "in general" just for you to understand. It's a given unless of course you're obtuse which obviously you are since you can't comprehend unless it is really specified with the phrase "in general". Oh well, ganun talaga pag bopols. Mahina ang pick-up. :lol:

Magbasa ka din maige bago ka mag-react. I said "even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA". Did I specifically mentioned NCAA? Ang sinabi ko lang "even american players have played under FIBA rules".-Then where were the NBA players before they got into the NBA? Diba NCAA or straight from highschool which don't exactly have FIBA rules. Hina talaga ng basketball comprehension mo.

All i am saying here is having played fiba brand of ball is not the sole basis since there are other factors like talent/skills to consider. I guess this is non debatable since ikaw na rin nagsabi "you're talking in general" so that means its not a fool proof that those with fiba experience will have an easy time adjusting-Did I say it's the sole basis? Did you even read my post thoroughly? All I said was Euro players have an easier time adjusting to NBA rules since it is more lenient than FIBA rules. Anong mahirap intindihin dun? Oops! I forgot. You can't easily comprehend. Just like the Gasol-Bynum argument.

I just wonder why you always react negatively when challenged? I don't react negatively when challenged. It's just that I find obtuse people like you annoying.

Edited by megalodon
Hindi ako mahina umintindi ... its just that you can't express yourself freely. Look at your previous post, you stated EUROPEAN PLAYERS ... not European Player "IN GENERAL" as you're stating now. There is a bid difference there. -Oh so I need to say "in general" just for you to understand. It's a given unless of course you're obtuse which obviously you are since you can't comprehend unless it is really specified with the phrase "in general". Oh well, ganun talaga pag bopols. Mahina ang pick-up. :lol:

again i guess u have a problem expressing yourself. don't expect people to read your mind. sometimes a single word changes the meaning it implies

Magbasa ka din maige bago ka mag-react. I said "even American players have played under FIBA rules whiles they're not yet in the NBA". Did I specifically mentioned NCAA? Ang sinabi ko lang "even american players have played under FIBA rules".-Then where were the NBA players before they got into the NBA? Diba NCAA or straight from highschool which isn't exactly FIBA rules. Hina talaga ng basketball comprehension mo.

i believe usa also plays in other fiba sanctioned tournaments right? and i supposed these are not nba players that represents the country in these

I just wonder why you always react negatively when challenged? I don't react negatively when challenged. It's just that I find obtuse people like you annoying.

hahaha...PIKON!!!! e di inamin mo din that i get into your nerves

Guest megalodon
hahaha...PIKON!!!! e di inamin mo din that i get into your nerves

Uhm, you wished. Tinatawanan lang kita. Pathetic. Nagalternick ka pa para pansinin kita. Tsk tsk. :lol:

Other people would get what I'm saying. Ikaw lang naman yung bopols na hindi makakuha sa sinabi ko. Oh well, once a bopols, always a bopols.

Edited by megalodon
Uhm, you wished. Tinatawanan lang kita. Pathetic. Nagalternick ka pa para pansinin kita. Tsk tsk. :lol:

Other people would get what I'm saying. Ikaw lang naman yung bopols na hindi makakuha sa sinabi ko. Oh well, once a bopols, always a bopols.

I don't have to ... inamin mo nag nga that you GET ANNOYED!!! Tumawa ka hanggang gusto mo... either that is your security blanket or NABABALIW ka na!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

palagi na lang OT yan mga yan.....hehehe

cancel na pala mga talo nila sa PBA

tsaka wag na sa PBA sila mag practice nagugulo lang yung liga

Tingin ko nga din tama lang na 'wag na silang mag-practice sa PBA, kung ganyan lang din na no bearing ang mga laro nila which makes their win or loss to the PBA teams no effect with the win-loss card ng mga teams, ano pa ang purpose o silbi ng pagsali nila sa PBA for this conference? Also, baka maapektuhan pa ang european/FIBA style of plays instilled to them by Toroman, baka kasi masanay sila sa PBA style of play which is not far-fetched as they also have to adopt to the rules of the said pro league and to the style of plays..

finally a win for the gilas boys over the coke tigers... however since its only a tune up game we will never know whether the gilas boys have really improve or not.

Obviously hirap ang SG without Giles (and possbily another naturalized player) who is worried about the condition of his son back in the U.S. hence he can''t and focus, maybe the SBP ought to look for someone else who can not only commit but can also do the job for them lalo na sa international competition. They might have guys like Al-Husseini, Ballesteros, Slaughter and some other tall players in their pool pero mahihirapan ang mga 'to sa international competition as they are used to playing a position wherein kasing-taas lang nila 'yung mga shooting guard/small forward ng national teams ng ibang bansa..

Edited by Agent_mulder
sana dun na lang sila sumali sa ABL

yung league na sinalihan ng RP-Patriots medyo ka match pa nila yung mga yun

One team per country lang yata sa ABL, its a good suggestion though lalo na at may 2 imports ang mga teams na naglalaro sa regional league na 'to, dami ngang mga Pinoy players na naglalaro para sa ibang bansa (i.e. Adriano, Avenido at Camaso for Brunei) among other PBA, PBL. and ex-collegiate players..

one representative lang pala for every country....sayang maganda pa naman sana yung ganon kse liga at swak sa program ng Smart-Gilas

pwede sila sa Jones Cup or kahit anong liga invitational sa ibang bansa wag lang pang inter-brgy na liga....hehehhe

From what I know lang naman ha bro, they can dominate that league (ABL) esp. kung kasama nila si Giles. The Jones Cup had became a tougher tournament the past few years medyo 50-50 ang chances nila doon..

Edited by Agent_mulder
From what I know lang naman ha bro, they can dominate that league (ABL) esp. kung kasama nila si Giles. The Jones Cup had became a tougher tournament the past few years medyo 50-50 ang chances nila doon..

madami na din kse nasali na magagaling na bansa like Australia dun sa Jones Cup unlike before na maski isang team sa PBA

padala mo dun champion pa din....pero magandang exposure para as Gilas yung ganon league