Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

The UAAP MVP can fill in the shoes of his fellow Blue Eagle, LA Tenorio, once LA is too old for international competition. Kiefer Ravena, Kobe Paras, and Jeron Teng are potentially the future of Philippine basketball. In a couple of years, Chot should start looking for big and mobile centers to replace Greg and Junemar.

speaking of young guns, i'm just wondering if chris newsome of ateneo is a fil-am...may potential din yung bata.

I haven't heard of him yet but the younger brother of Kiefer has the potential to be in Gilas.

You haven't heard of Chris Newsome? I suppose you haven't watch the games of Ateneo in the UAAP lately for you to say that you have not heard of him. If that is the case, what is your basis to say that Thirdy has the potential?

At this point, IMHO there are a lot more "qualified" potential candidates in the college ranks for Gilas to even consider Thirdy.

Yes he is a star during his HS playing days but he's been mostly riding the bench for his school in the UAAP this season. Currently Kiefer and Chris are the top two players of Ateneo. IMHO Thirdy must prove himself first in the UAAP before any discussions about him being a potential candidate to be in GILAS.

Edited by rooster69ph
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

So what if I haven't heard of Chris Newsome? Use your common sense instead of asking me why I said that the younger Ravena has potential. :lol:

I have said it earlier and will say it again ... You haven't heard of Chris thus it only validates one FACT ... you have not seen Thirdy play recently. So his current performance can't be a basis.

What I am interested at is your BASIS. SO why am I suppose to second guess what's on your mind.

Common sense dictates it does not follow that if you are a star in a certain level you will still be a star when you move up. Moreso being a Gilas potential candidate when he can't even show he can be competitive in the UAAP.

So? Each is entitled to his opinion. I have mine.

Did I say otherwise????

I am just asking you your basis for saying so right?

Just because he's riding the bench doesn't mean he can't be a star in the future. Kaya nga sabi ko potential. Think before you post.

Tama ka .... lahat may potential. And since sinabi mong gamitin ang common sense, Hindi ko sukat maisip kung paano na ang isang bangko sa UAAP ay makokonsider sa GILAS kung mas marami pang karapat-dapat unang maconsider. A potential star can't be a star if he rides the bench right? And not all potential star ends up becoming a star.

SO ang nga ba ang basehan mo?

One thing is clear at this point ...Common sense dictates that if you have not heard of Newsome, it validates the fact that you have not seen Thirdy play recently and how his game have evolved/matured from HS level to college ball. So anong basehan ng opinion mo?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

GILAS will faced India tomorrow(Sept 23) at 1PM PHIL time at Samsan World Gymnasium. It will be televise live on TV5.

http://2imgs.com/2i/i/541fff6f/44a845909f2e8da2919ccfd4857e6804/8cd0b69c4f.f.jpg

INDIA got the top stop from group B by thrashing Kazakhstan 80-61. INDIA really improve. Kazakhstan were without naturalized point guard Jerry Johnson (who played with them on FIBA ASIA 2013). He joins the list of naturalized players that were not allowed to play because the 3 years residency rule that the ASIAN games organizers used for ASIAN games.

Hindi kaya nagpalaglag ang Kazakhs para maging 2nd sa Group nila and avoid the dreaded Iran and Gilas?

Haha! Just because I haven't seen Newsome play, whoever he is, doesn't mean I haven't seen Ravena play. Your logic is flawed. :lol:

Common sense ... If you seen Thirdy played recently then obviously you would have seen Newsome play. Same team sila ... Bangko nga lang yun isa. :lol:

I don't really care if you're interested in my basis. Like I said, use your common sense to know what my basis is. Huwag kang puro tanong ng tanong. Use your common sense.

Actually who cares about your basis ...

My common sense tells me the opinion of yours has no sound basis at all and I just wanna hear you out. Unfortunately its confirmed!

Are you sure Ravena won't be competitive in the future? Are you a clairvoyant? :lol:

So are you one? :lol: how do you know he will be??? :wacko:

Kaya nga my basis is based on his present performance with Ateneo.

Just because the younger Ravena isn't really being given playing time now doesn't mean he won't be given playing time in the future and become a main cog with ADMU. Think before you post.

Now, if it is beyond your comprehension that a player like the younger Ravena can be considered for Gilas in the future, then that's not my problem.

The question remains ... How sure are you he will be one. Are you a clairvoyant?

As i said at this point its too early to say Thirdy is a Gilas potential candidate as he hasn't proven anything yet and there are a lot more guys that we can consider ahead of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry but Newsome is not eligible to play for Gilas for FIBA sanctioned competitions. This is again of the Hagop (Fiba eligibility) rule where fil-foreigners should have their Philippine passport before the age of 16. Here is the article

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/banchero-newsome-scratched-from-seag-roster-as-mynmar-adopts-fiba-eligibility-rule

though the article is about the Sea games Newsome and Banchero were not eligible since it will use the FIBA eligibility rule and this goes to any FIBA competitions so playing for GILAS won't be a possibility for them. Pringle also included. I remember before Toroman is tapping him as a member of Gilas but he is still under contract and playing in europe and Toroman did not push through because of this rule also.

sayang...would've been nice to see the young guns of philippine basketball get the needed international exposure. philippines depending on fil-ams to defend the sea games gold? we can send the feu or ateneo teams to myanmar and still win the gold. that's how weak the competition in the sea games level is.

Haha! Just because I haven't seen Newsome play, whoever he is, doesn't mean I haven't seen Ravena play. Your logic is flawed. :lol:

Having comprehension problems again??? ... Seeing Thirdy played recently is different from having seen him play ... NAGPAPALUSOT ka pa :P

I don't really care if you're interested in my basis. Like I said, use your common sense to know what my basis is. Huwag kang puro tanong ng tanong. Use your common sense.

As usual ... TONGUE TIED ka na naman ... sariling opinion mo hindi mo masabi ang basehan :lol: Sa susunod wag post ng post para lang dumami

Are you sure Ravena won't be competitive in the future? Are you a clairvoyant? :lol:

NO am not thus I base on his present performance. As I said he still needs to prove himself at least in the UAAP level before we can say he is a potential Gilas candidate. COZ the way he is playing now he surely ain't like one.

Now your turn and don't chicken out .... Are you one for you to say he will be? What's your basis?

Like I said, use your common sense instead of asking me a stupid question.

I did, and common sense dictates that potential is just it ... it has to translate into actual game. Otherwise we can easily claim that any tom dick or harry currently playing can be a Gilas potential but the question is whether it has solid foundations.

Just because the younger Ravena isn't really being given playing time now doesn't mean he won't be given playing time in the future and become a main cog with ADMU. Think before you post.

Being given more playing time or not in the future is besides the point ... the question is if he is really GOOD enough to be considered for GILAS in the future. If so on what BASIS??? Don't stray away from the argument.

Now, if it is beyond your comprehension that a player like the younger Ravena can be considered for Gilas in the future, then that's not my problem.

HAHAHAHAHA ... classic checkmate statement. Gosh you can't even lay down the basis of your own opinion.

It's apparent that you're not using your common sense. Just because I haven't seen Newsome play doesn't mean I haven't seen Ravena play. Hahaha! It won't hurt to use some common sense. I'm beginning to wonder if you have. :lol:

Hahaha ... paulit-ulit na lang itong palusot mo. How many times have your posted this???

Apparently, you care about my basis because if you didn't, you wouldn't quote my post. You're contradicting yourself, on one hand you say "actually who cares about your basis" and on the same post, you say you wanna hear me out. Hahahaha! Think before you post. :lol:

Nah ... from the time I read your post I know it is another of your "walang kwentang post" and I was pretty sure you have no basis for it. And I was able to prove I was right.

How do you know he won't be? :blink:

I don't thus I said the basis of my opinion is how he plays at present. IF he improves in the future then that is the appropriate time to say that he is a potential for GILAS.

And YOU? How sure are you that he will be? :lol:

I asked you first and you couldn't even answer it. Hahaha! Barado na naman as usual just like on that political thread. Again, use your common sense. :lol:

REALITY CHECK dude ... I first asked you for your basis and up to now you can't even lay down the basis of your own opinion. FUNNY noh??? :rolleyes:

Edited by rooster69ph
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

For whatever reason the younger Ravena had to not join the U-18 team, I have no idea but this article says that he was a member of that U-18 team.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/08/04/1353774/batang-gilas-gains-experience-lopsided-loss-ahead-world-cup

in short BARADO ka na naman .... :lol: hahaha :lol:

Ano ba yan ... kung mag post ka either walang basis ang opinion mo or mali-mali naman ang pinagsasabi mo. This goes to show how much you know about THiRDY. ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1

Hahaha! Barado daw. In your delusional mind, perhaps. Haha! So am I supposed to believe a troll like you than a legit news article? You're the only one on this thread who made a big deal out of my mundane post. Kawawa ka naman, parati napapahiya. :lol:

Me delusional? Nah ... kitang kita ang ebidensiya na ikaw ang sumablay :lol:

LEGIT NEWS ARTICLE??? Mali nga ang sinabi. Yan ang hirap kasi sa basta-basta nagpapaniwala. Nabasa mo rin lang ba na magaling si Thirdy kaya naging opinion mo na potential siya for GILAS :lol: Saan mo napanood recently si Thirdy? Kung hindi sa games ng ATENEO sa recent Fiba Asia U-18 tournament ba na sinalian ng BATANG GILAS :lol:

Mason ako pa ang tinanong mo TOTOY, ikaw matanong naman kita... ALAM MO BA TALAGA KUNG ANO at SINO ANG MGA PLAYERS NG BATANG GILAS???? :rolleyes:

Next time you ask me make sure you know the answer yourself. Most important of all CHECK YOUR FACTS NAKAKAHIYA YAN PINAGGAGAWA MO E :P

Ciao ;)

Edited by rooster69ph
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

they might have. the second place of group b will be placed on group C with China and Chinese Taipei. Borat's countrymen might taught that would be a much easier group than ours :D laugh.gifwink.gif

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/Sepskay/Borat-VeryNice.jpghttp://33.media.tumblr.com/1ee3b7cc06384c08b096e08cfa6dcef8/tumblr_mjuovboC1X1rzd17io1_400.gif

Mukhang nag-pay off ang strategy ng Kazakhstan- they won over Chinese Taipei in their next group. Otherwise, they could have been beaten by Gilas, which defeated India (the erstwhile 'tormentor' of Kazakhs)

Kazaks chose to lose to go against "easier" opponents...tama nga na naman if ever they won against india....theyd have to win 2 more against the phil and iran...maybe india is just happy to get into the 2nd round...:)

Anyway nice games by all the players from gilas...especially david and japhet...chot used fajardo lightly in anticipation for irans haddadi on thursday...still fajardo finished in double digits...looks like his stint in fiba world really improved his confidence :)

So where is the evidence that you're talking about? I showed my evidence which states that Ravena was part of BG and whatever reason he had for not joining BG in Qatar, I have no idea about. You talk about evidence when the only evidence here is your trolling. :lol:

Na MALI ang Statement mong ito .... "Ravena was a member of Batang Gilas that recently played in the FIBA-Asia U-18 squad."

The article said he was part of BG. Did it say he played recently in the last FIBA-ASIA U-18 as you claimed? :lol:

Simple lang intindihin yan TOTOY ... hindi pareho ang sinasabi nun article sa sinabi mo.

It was an old article and you could have made your due dilligence before you made your post specially knowing that you really have no personal knowledge or idea of what you're talking about.

KARMA at its BEST :wub: Hahaha ...

And how can I be trolling when all I did was to ask for your basis in saying Thridy has the potential to be part Gilas. And now to CORRECT you again in your FALSE CLAIM that he recently played for BG in the FIBA-Asia U-18 tournament.

Sige PALUSOT pa!!!

Edited by rooster69ph
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Huh? What's wrong with what I said? I never said he played and I also qualified my statement by saying that whatever reason that Ravena had for not joining the team to Qatar, I have no idea about. Read and understand what I posted. Huwag gigil na gigil sa pagreply na hindi nagiisip. :lol:

Really? Did I really claim that he played with BG in Qatar? Show me the post where I said he played in the U-18 FIBA Asia in Qatar. Hahaha!

Again, did I say he played with BG in Qatar? Haha! Read and understand what I said instead of being hasty in posting. Pahiya ka na naman, troll. :lol:

The fact is he was a member but I never posted he played with BG in Qatar. Hahaha! Stop embarrassing yourself, troll. It's obvious you didn't understand my posts. :

Huh nakatatawa naman yan palusot mo ..... Ang babaw!!! :lol: huwag mo na kaming paikutin at panis na yang style mo. May hirit ka pang you qualified your statement na nalalaman nun napatunayan kong mali yan pinagsasabi mo....the usual damage control ano po :P

So balikan natin para hindi malinlang ang mga magbabasa ...This is what you originally said "Ravena was a member of Batang Gilas that recently played in the FIBA-Asia U-18 squad."

So was he really a member of BG that played in the Fiba-Asia U-18 squad? Nope he was not. That won't change no matter what since his name was not part of the 12 BG who recently played in the FIBA Asia U-18 squad.

Showing an article that said he was a member will not change the FACT that Thirdy was not a member of the squad that recently played in Qatar

Totoy, kaya mo ba tinanong sa akin kung kilala ko ang BG kasi hindi mo alam ano po :lol: sa diyaryo mo lang nalaman kung sino ang BG pero sa kamalasan maling impormasyon pa ang lumapit sa iyo

Dude next time validate your info bago magproject na you know everything when you post. Tulad nito nakakahiya di ba kasi nasusupalpal ka na ayaw na ayaw mo.

So what's next? Of course he will continue to make excuses, call me names, and hurl various accusations at me. What else is new :wub:

• Downvote 1