Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

yari tayo pag nagpatalo ang china sa japan bukas... tayo ang magnanumber 1 sa group F...

mas mahhirap na bracket ang kalalagyan natin...

kapag natalo ang CHINA sa JAPAN bukas... number 3 parin tayo dahil sa quotient natin eh -7 parin tayo... number 1 ang JAPAN, 2nd ang CHINA, at 3rd tayo. but still, mabigat na kalaban ang matatapat sa atin pag nangyari yun.

kapag natalo ang CHINA sa JAPAN bukas... number 3 parin tayo dahil sa quotient natin eh -7 parin tayo... number 1 ang JAPAN, 2nd ang CHINA, at 3rd tayo. but still, mabigat na kalaban ang matatapat sa atin pag nangyari yun.

uhm... hindi po... meron tayong win over the other... hindi po tayo mag number three the lowest that we could rank now is number two... dahil tinalo natin ang japan...

although carry over ang games with second round teams.., prioritized pa rin ang 2nd round standings

so far

phi 2-0

chi 2-0

jap 1-1

if phi wins over syria and jap beats chi

phi 4-1, 3-0

jap 4-1, 2-1

chi 4-1, 2-1

ganyan po ang magiging rankings...

Edited by dfgvan

The win over Japan last night gives us great confidence and momentum is now high.

Ang maganda sa ginawa ni Coach Toroman, hindi na nagrerely ang team Philippines sa one on one plays. Mas maganda ngayon ang teamwork. Unlike before na masyado tayo umaasa sa individual skills ng mga players kaya kahit PBA all-stars ang pinadala natin noon, natatalo pa rin tayo.

And yes, we showed them what great defense really is.

Na notice ko lang, ganun klaseng defense din ang ginawa ng China sa tin nung 2nd day of the tournament..

At this point, we are in a very comfortable position. Wag lang maging complacent ang Gilas team and, I should say, we have a chance of winning this tournament.

Bakit binangkona naman si Japeth Aguilar ?

The team may just be doing what is needed to win. Japeth is still weak when it comes to defense. In the game against China, pinaglaruan lang sya ni Wang.

On the other hand, baka tinatago lang ni coach Toroman si Japeth. He's a shooter, and at 6'9", mahirap yan bantayan sa perimeter and 3-point shooting.

I'm sure Japeth will be used when the right time comes.

The team may just be doing what is needed to win. Japeth is still weak when it comes to defense. In the game against China, pinaglaruan lang sya ni Wang.

On the other hand, baka tinatago lang ni coach Toroman si Japeth. He's a shooter, and at 6'9", mahirap yan bantayan sa perimeter and 3-point shooting.

I'm sure Japeth will be used when the right time comes.

there's a big possibility na JAPETH, BARACAEL, and BARROCA will play huge minutes in today's game. after two exhausting game days, the players who played extended minutes should be given limited time today. after all, SYRIA is less competitive, and we are almost assured of 2nd spot in our group. also, i think DOUTHIT is feeling something in his foot since the JORDAN game.. we don't want our main man to nurse injury in this tournament.

May MVP award ba dito? Based on statistical points, Douthit is running 2nd to Wright of Jordan. But its unlikely for Jordan to progress beyond the Round of 8 (quarterfinals) while Smart Gilas is more likely to reach the Round of 4 (semi-finals) and could even have a podium finish, so Douthit could become the MVP of the tournament.

Even if Smart Gilas doesn't win the championship, as long as it has a podium finish, it still has another chance to make it to London as it will be qualified to join 12-team Olympic pre-qualifying tournament where the Top 3 will advance to the Olympics. Yun nga lang, yung kalaban e mga talunan sa Europe at Americas like Russia, Germany, Greece, etc. kaya para ring pumapasok sa butas ng karayom.

Edited by blow_gobi

For Smart Gilas to prosper in the quarters, the likes of Japhet (improve on defense), Lutz (more offense threat like he used to, in addition to his pesky defense), and Barroca (bring in his usual fearless plays) should raise up a notch their respective games. Si Asi naman di na matatawaran ang puso at given naman na he's no spring chicken.

With a lot of luck and consistency, there is certainly a very bright light at the end of the tunnel...

Go Gilas!

jimmy alapag is the heart and soul of smart gilas. the other pba players look more amateurish than amateur players of smart giles. especially williams and taulava. walang reliever si douthit na reliable. alapag should take more three's. he's the only reliable shooter there. deocampo so far is a disappointment. nevertheless, great job.

Basta lang may consistency. During the first half QUE HORROR ang kanilang field goal percentage. Ang sama sama. Buti na lang naka recover sa second half.

tama ka chief...some anxious moments during the 1st half. syria even led by 10 points. di dapat ganyan sa quarters at baka di na makabangon ang gilas. quarterfinals na ito. it should be 40 minutes of non -stop consistency from gilas if we even want to entertain hopes of reaching the finals.

jimmy alapag is the heart and soul of smart gilas. the other pba players look more amateurish than amateur players of smart giles. especially williams and taulava. walang reliever si douthit na reliable. alapag should take more three's. he's the only reliable shooter there. deocampo so far is a disappointment. nevertheless, great job.

in their game against JORDAN, malaking bagay ang ginawa ni TAULAVA and ALAPAG.. then dun sa game against JAPAN, double digits sa game sila WILLIAMS and ALAPAG, plus malaking bagay yung mga power plays ni DE OCAMPO during the 4th period. kaya hindi masasabing amateur and disappointment yung ibang pro-athletes natin sa team. and, as long as we're winning, walang disappoinment sa mga players.

by the way, who won bet japan and china?

CHINA WON 84-58 against JAPAN... YI JIANLIAN was unstoppable..

Games on FRIDAY:

CHINA-LEBANON

JAPAN-KOREA

IRAN-JORDAN

PHILIPPINES-TAIPEI

Winner of CHI-LEB meets JAP-KOR

Winner of IRAN-JORDAN face PHILIPPINES-TAIPEI

Edited by khilua23

"Technically, FIBA made a bad decision. My mom is Filipino, so there is no reason they should judge me like a naturalized player. It hurt me."

"If you were born with some type of blood or culture, you should have the right to play for it. I was born in the US, but that doesn't mean I can't play for my own country - the Philippines. I am playing for the Filipino blood and glory right now. Hopefully, FIBA will make the rules clearer in the future,"

-MARCIO LASSITER

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2011-09/21/content_13745445.htm