Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

the team will start over again.. with chris tiu and marcus dauthit...

http://teampilipinas.info/2011/08/douthit-tiu-to-form-gilas-core.html

so what happens to the 3 year investment? wala na? erase?

and the main goal is the olympic qualifier. how stupid.

or the marketing mileage of smart is over? regardless of the result for our country. smart made money all right. and we thought its all about the country!

dude i think it was never about the marketing for me, the aim is not to compete in the national but for international.

unless smart has services or products that can reach out to those other countries then i would say yes its about marketing.

well as i said, mahirap dito isang tao kse nagpapatakbo kaya lahat naghihintay kung itututloy ba yang o hindi.

3 years probably they thought they would qualify, its just funny that until now wala pa rin consistency ung team. pati ba gilas nilalagyan pa ng drama kse nag alisan na mga players. i would give baracael the chance too his 26 na, better make money na his pba contract at the longest will last till his 29.

but for the others? if its really about the money just to keep this team intact . . . 3 years have we ever bag a title in international ball?

the gilas program is not perfect... there are shortcomings and its true that to date, we are still waiting for some great results... but why do we need to bash the program or the people behind it or even the their motives?

despite all its supposed flaws and shortcomings, the truth is its one of the best things to happen in our national basketball team since the NCC days funded by danding... there are great improvements already... even though we will still most likely end up outside the top 4 in the qualifier we have shown recently that we can be more competitive now compared to 3 years ago... of course there are still a lot of things that could have been done but have we done something recently to be worthy of being an almighty bashers of the program and the people behind it?

wala lang... nakaka bad trip lang minsan pakinggan ang mga walang katapusang banat ng kung sino sino na nagmamarunong pero wala naman ding ginagawa kundi magbasa ng balita at manghusga... hindi ko sinasabi na tagumpay ang programa ng gilas pero kung wala akong ginagawa para makatulong eh wala akong karapatan na magsabi ng hindi maganda sa kung anumang bagay... totoong may karapatan lahat na magbigay ng sariling opinyon pero sa tingin ko eh hindi lahat may karapatan na bumanat ng paninira kung wala naman silang ambag sa programa...

MVP, according to an article by Quinito Henson, is spending roughly 300 million for the Gilas to come into being. That's around the budget of a PBA team for 6 years. So let's continue supporting the efforts of Smart executives instead.

300M is small for an advertising budget. small portion lang yan out of the billions na advertising budget smart for a year. i would to support smart's effort. problem is the effort pala has nothing to do with the country but for the mileage of the brand. otherwise tuloy ang contract ng mga players that they invested on, to fulfill the main goal which is the olympic qualifier next month. unless, narealize na hindi pala talaga magagaling yung nakuha nila sa national team so they opted to let them go, and look for new ones. and it took toroman 3 years to know if his players can or cannot. new coach na rin maybe?

The PBA factor in forming a national team will always have its 'shortcoming' ....PBA will always be 'business as usual' in the guise of national interest...I still think a better program is independent of the PBA, but let's face it, the PBA has the best players- year in and year out...

RAJKO TOROMAN:

RANIDEL de OCAMPO has been practicing with us since yesterday. JIMMY ALAPAG and KELLY WILLIAMS will join us on SEPTEMBER 4.

We are scheduling a tune-up on SEP. 2 to check how RANIDEL de OCAMPO is jelling with the team. I give them rest day on SEP 3.

QATAR, JORDAN and another MIDDLE EASTERN NATIONAL TEAM are coming over next week for friendly games versus GILAS PILIPINAS.

So as not to burn them out in training, GILAS PLAYERS can only watch the practices of their PBA teams until after the FIBA ASIA on SEP 25.

come on guys lets be realistic... what are our chances of qualifying for the olympics within a period of 5 years... have you seen the competitions in asia... who cn guard hadadi in the next 3 yrs.... and chinas youth team played the duke team... although the chinese team were practically trash by duke... hell they have potentials... they have three to four teeners that stands around 6'10 already....then there is the korean team who can shoot the lights out... lest we are able to recruit players that are much bigger and faster and can shoot from the outside don't get our hopes too high.... you look at the present crop of collegiate player and none of them stand 6'10 and above aside from slaughter which i'm sure our asian opponent can easily slaughter

No basketball talent will commit long term sa Gilas as long na malaki ang contract i-offer nang PBA ballclubs, unless itapat nang Smart ang sahod nang PBA teams

kahit tapatan pa ng GILAS ang salary sa PBA, paano yung mga bonuses sa winning games at championship? mas madali magchampion sa PBA kaysa sa OLYMPICS, lalo na kung mapunta ang player sa competitive team.

at one point, the sentiments of ALASKA OWNER FRED UYTENGSU: He points out that officially, Alaska had the highest payroll in the league last year. but, their players who were at maximum (miller, devance) still want to be traded for other teams where they could get higher salary. how is that possible if they are at the maximum? there are still some hidden salary and bonuses which players can't get in gilas uniform. one more thing, the bonuses equivalent to 3 months salary, plus incentives (free cars for mvp or shares of stocks for smc) if they won the championship in the pba, is something they can't get in the gilas.

Smart-Gilas Pilipinas' three-game tune-up matches against Middle East teams Qatar and Jordan should augur well with the Nationals' coming campaign in the FIBA-Asia Championship For Men beginning next week.

"if you've got nothing better to do tomorrow, saturday or sunday, come watch Gilas play some exhibition games against Qatar and Jordan. All at 7pm in the San Juan arena. tickets are free." - Charles Tiu

http://teampilipinas.info/2011/09/fiba-asia-bound-gilas-face-qatar-jordan.html

Ganda ng news item ng InterAKTV about PBA salary cap

nung isang araw. Parang conspiracy theory na maraming

under the table deals sa PBA, especially from teams

handled by SMB and MVP.

Sadly, yung poorer teams sa PBA AT yung Gilas

naapektuhan ng mga ganitong deals. Nakakalugkot

pero di naman natin masisi ang mga players.

Mas "secure" nga naman ang future nila sa PBA.