Annulment 101

Zorro

hindi lahat ng problema, legal na usapan ang kasagutan.

sa kaso ng kaibigan mo, hindi abugado ang kanyang kailangan (though that could come in the future).

what he needs right now is a psychiatrist. base sa kwento mo, hindi lang under yang kaibigan, siya ay "battered husband". he needs to be empowered by a psychiatric professional, kahit ano ang pagsasabihin ng abugado, your friend has to realize that he needs help himself first, otherwise vicious cycle lang yan (magkukunwaring nagkalakas loob na siya upang hiwalayan ang asawa, kukuha "kuno" ng abugado, pagkatapos, babalik din yan dun sa asawa niya). he has to get some self-esteem first and recognize the destructive effect of this relationship. Pag nakakatayo na siya sa sarili niya (in the opinion of a qualified psychitrist), dun na niya pag-isipan yang annulment na yan, but as of now, hindi yan ang tamang step sa pagbabagong-buhay niya.

tsk. tsk tsk.

kahabag habag naman ung nangyari...

how old is the child?

note however that the Family Code does not recognize joint custody (see Art. 213), only visitorial rights to the non-custodial parent (see also Art. 49). it is, thus, doubtful whether joint or equal custody can be granted to the spouses.

Sir,

My wife and I have benn separated for 6 months through a problem of "MOther-in-Laws", the question is in case of the "worst scenario" comes in, can I have an equal custody of my child when I file a legal separation case against my wife?

how old is the child?

note however that the Family Code does not recognize joint custody (see Art. 213), only visitorial rights to the non-custodial parent (see also Art. 49). it is, thus, doubtful whether joint or equal custody can be granted to the spouses.

Sir,

My wife and I have benn separated for 6 months through a problem of "MOther-in-Laws", the question is in case of the "worst scenario" comes in, can I have an equal custody of my child when I file a legal separation case against my wife?

how old is the child?

May be 9 months or more.... the situation is my wife kicked me out of the house because she believes in the "sulsol" of her mother and sister... damn! she won't even allow me to borrow my son because his lola missed him so much... another thing they are making stories that I am with another woman! If i were to charge them with Oral Defamation could this be a ground to win me a case of letting my son come with me on weekends if I file a legal separation case?

And if ever another scenario comes in...when they won't let me see my son what case could I charge them?

In this situation what are my rights as a father? all I see is a no win scenario because the only who has custody of a child is the mother?

At 9 months, you are going to find it very difficult to get custody of the child, as the law says no child below 7 years shall be separated from the mother except for a compelling reason.

As the father, you are, however, entitled to visitorial rights. as to whether this translates into you getting the child on all weekends is doubtful (this arrangement turns the custodial parent into the weekday workhorse and the noncustodial parent into the weekend treat).

May be 9 months or more.... the situation is my wife kicked me out of the house because she believes in the "sulsol" of her mother and sister... damn! she won't even allow me to borrow my son because his lola missed him so much... another thing they are making stories that I am with another woman! If i were to charge them with Oral Defamation could this be a ground to win me a case of letting my son come with me on weekends if I file a legal separation case?

And if ever another scenario comes in...when they won't let me see my son what case could I charge them?

In this situation what are my rights as a father? all I see is a no win scenario because the only who has custody of a child is the mother?

Dear Attorney,

The story of Nene(not her true name)

During her teens, she left her home.

One day, she met a man, decided that he is the best thing in life.

But after 7 years, things turn bizarre, her man has to beat her from time to time.

They are not legally married.

One day, her man caught her with another man walking her home.

Her man then told her to give him P40,000 (which she borrowed to pay for her brother's motorcycle accident hospital bills) and he will agree for her to left him for another man.

What are her options?

Can this be considered statutory rape?

Thanks

1. What are her options?

Option 1: walang baguhin sa setup niya - ipagpatuloy ang pakikisama sa kanyang lalaki, pabayaang bugbugin siya nito paminsan-minsan (siya ang may hawak sa buhay niya, nasa edad na siya [sabi mo teenager siya 7 years ago, siguro naman lampas 18 na siya ngayon], kung gusto niyang magpakatanga sa lalaking yan, sino tayo para pigilan siya)

Option 2: Bigyan ng P40,000 si lalaki (siya ang may hawak sa buhay niya, nasa edad na siya, kung gusto niya ng walang utak na sistema ng pakikipaghiwalay sa lalaki, go!)

Option 3: Iwan na lang ng basta si lalaki. Wag itong bayaran. Kung pumalag ito, aba, kasuhan niya ng violation ng Republic Act 9262 (Violence Against Women and Children Act).

Option 4: Bakit siya ang aalis? Paalisin si lalaki. Kung pumalag ito, aba, kasuhan niya ng violation ng Republic Act 9262 (Violence Against Women and Children Act).

2. Can this be considered statutory rape?

Hindi po. Ang statutory rape ay pakikipagtalik sa isang batang babae na BELOW 12 years old o di kaya'y pakikipagtalik sa isang babaeng baliw {kahit pa pumayag ang mga ito}. Ang pakikipagtalik sa isang menor-de-edad ay hindi statutory rape (although maaaring bumagsak ito sa child abuse}. Pero kung nasa edad na siya ngayon, mahihirapan siyang patunayan ito dahil bakit nakisama pa rin siya ke lalaki ng siya ay nasa edad na.

Dear Attorney,

The story of Nene(not her true name)

During her teens, she left her home.

One day, she met a man, decided that he is the best thing in life.

But after 7 years, things turn bizarre, her man has to beat her from time to time.

They are not legally married.

One day, her man caught her with another man walking her home.

Her man then told her to give him P40,000 (which she borrowed to pay for her brother's motorcycle accident hospital bills) and he will agree for her to left him for another man.

What are her options?

Can this be considered statutory rape?

Thanks

1. What are her options?

Option 1: walang baguhin sa setup niya - ipagpatuloy ang pakikisama sa kanyang lalaki, pabayaang bugbugin siya nito paminsan-minsan (siya ang may hawak sa buhay niya, nasa edad na siya [sabi mo teenager siya 7 years ago, siguro naman lampas 18 na siya ngayon], kung gusto niyang magpakatanga sa lalaking yan, sino tayo para pigilan siya)

Option 2: Bigyan ng P40,000 si lalaki (siya ang may hawak sa buhay niya, nasa edad na siya, kung gusto niya ng walang utak na sistema ng pakikipaghiwalay sa lalaki, go!)

Option 3: Iwan na lang ng basta si lalaki. Wag itong bayaran. Kung pumalag ito, aba, kasuhan niya ng violation ng Republic Act 9262 (Violence Against Women and Children Act).

Option 4: Bakit siya ang aalis? Paalisin si lalaki. Kung pumalag ito, aba, kasuhan niya ng violation ng Republic Act 9262 (Violence Against Women and Children Act).

2. Can this be considered statutory rape?

Hindi po. Ang statutory rape ay pakikipagtalik sa isang batang babae na BELOW 12 years old o di kaya'y pakikipagtalik sa isang babaeng baliw {kahit pa pumayag ang mga ito}. Ang pakikipagtalik sa isang menor-de-edad ay hindi statutory rape (although maaaring bumagsak ito sa child abuse}. Pero kung nasa edad na siya ngayon, mahihirapan siyang patunayan ito dahil bakit nakisama pa rin siya ke lalaki ng siya ay nasa edad na.

Hi rocco69,

Thank you for the immediate reply.

Re: her options

Would it be best to suggest to her to wait for her live-in to beat her up? Para may evidence of violence?

Then go to the nearest hospital (ie San Lazaro Hospital) to get a medical report to show to the police precient as evidence so that the police report would be credible?

Re: violation of Republic Act 9262

Where should she report this?

Re: statutory rape

What crime is committed if a man have sex with a girl between 13 to 18 yrs old?

Thank you and more power!

1. Would it be best to suggest to her to wait for her live-in to beat her up? Para may evidence of violence?

Then go to the nearest hospital (ie San Lazaro Hospital) to get a medical report to show to the police precient as evidence so that the police report would be credible?

Maganda talagang ebidensya ang may medico-legal report, pero huwag na siyang magpabugbog [pagiging masokista na yan]. Kung recently lang yung pambubugbog sa kanya, ipa-blotter na niya. Siguro naman may makukuha siyang testigo na nakakita/nakarinig sa pambubugbog na ginawa sa kanya at nakita rin ang mga pasa niya.

2. Re: violation of Republic Act 9262, where should she report this?

Sa barangay pwede na. Tungkulin ng barangay sa ilalim ng RA9262 na bigyang proteksyon ang babaeng binubugbug/pinagmamalupitan ng kinakasama. sila na rin ang tutulong magsampa ng kaso laban sa lalaki.

3. Re: statutory rape, what crime is committed if a man have sex with a girl between 13 to 18 yrs old?

Kung pumayag makipagtalik ang menor-de-edad dahil may panlolokong involved (usually pangako na siya ay pakakasalan), maaari itong maging seduction. Kaya lang, kung maraming beses at ilang taon din silang nagsama, di na masasabi na seduction ito, dahil masasabi na sa tagal ng panahon, ang pakikipagtalik niya ay hindi na dahil sa panloloko sa kanya, kung hindi ay DAHIL NASASARAPAN SIYA SA SEX.

Alalahanin mo rin na ito ay nagpre-prescribe. Napapaso ang kaso sa loob ng limang taon mula sa paggawa ng krimen.

Kung ang panloloko ay hindi pangako na siya ay pakakasalan kundi ibang panloloko, maaari itong bumagsak sa rape sa pamamagitan ng fraudulent machination (Art. 266-A, Revised Penal Code). Pareho sa seduction, kung maraming beses at ilang taon din silang nagsama, di na masasabi na rape through fraudulent machination ito, dahil masasabi na sa tagal ng panahon, ang pakikipagtalik niya ay hindi na dahil sa panloloko sa kanya, kung hindi ay DAHIL NASASARAPAN SIYA RITO.

May nagsasabi na maaari rin itong bumagsak sa child abuse sa ilalim ng Section 5, RA7610 (altho meron ding nagsasabi na hindi ito pasok sa Section 5 dahil ang kinokontra daw talaga ng Section 5 ay ang prostitusyon ng menor-de-edad, hindi ang simpleng pakikipagtalik sa isang menor-de-edad, kundi ang pakikipagtalik sa menor-de-edad na pinilit o napariwara sa prostitusyon)

Hi rocco69,

Thank you for the immediate reply.

Re: her options

Would it be best to suggest to her to wait for her live-in to beat her up? Para may evidence of violence?

Re: violation of Republic Act 9262

Where should she report this?

Re: statutory rape

What crime is committed if a man have sex with a girl between 13 to 18 yrs old?

Thank you and more power!

Kung ikaw ay Pilipino pa rin, walang bisa ang divorce na nakuha mo sa abroad dito sa Pilipinas. Dahil walang divorce dito sa atin, ang divorce na nakuha sa abroad ng isang Pilipino ay hindi kinikilala sa Pilipinas. Sa madaling salita, kapag bumalik ka dito sa Pilipinas, at gusto mong mag-asawa ulit dito, hindi papayag ang mga awtoridad dito.

Pero, kung ikaw naman ay Amerikano na ng kumuha ka ng divorce, yun ay kikilalanin at may bisa dito sa Pilipinas, dahil ang batas na umiiral sa iyo ay batas ng America, hindi ng Pilipinas. Maaari kang magpakasal muli dito sa Pilipinas.

I wish me divorce sa pinas...buti na lang divorced nako...

• 2 weeks later...

Question, What if I am a Philippine Citizen when I was married. Went to the US and filed for US citizenship. USA allows Divorce and since I am already an American citizen i can file for it, will my divorce papers w/c is filed here in the United states nullify/void my marriage in the Philippines? after filing the paperwork here, can I legally marry here in the United States? and can my (ex)wife also legally marry in the Philippines? or do i still file for annulment sa Pinas even though hindi na ako residente ng Pilipinas (or even denounce my citizenship)?

Salamat po!

The girl was married to a US foreigner and they were married (civil) here in the Phils. After a year, she was petitioned and became a US citizen. Will their married considered annuled if they filed a divorce in the US? Can she still remarry here in the Phils if ever? What are the documents needed when she gets back here in the Phils and plan to get married again?

1. Will their married [be] considered annuled [sic] if they filed a divorce in the US?

No. It will be considered as having been terminated by divorce (nagdiborsyo sila , di ba, kaya ang kasal nila ay hindi na-annul, ito ay natapos sa pamamagitan ng diborsyo).

2. Can she still remarry here in the Phils if ever?

Yes, she is already a US citizen, therefore her capacity will be judged by US law, not Philippine law. If US law now allows her to remarry, she can remarry, even here in the Phils.

3. What are the documents needed when she gets back here in the Phils and plan to get married again?

If she is going to get married, she will have to apply for a marriage license with the Civil Registrar (of the place in the Phils. where she or her future husband lives). In applying, she will be required to get a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from the US Embassy in Manila (or from the US Consular Agency in Cebu). She can just go to her embassy and ask what are the requirements for getting this certificate of legal capacity.

The girl was married to a US foreigner and they were married (civil) here in the Phils. After a year, she was petitioned and became a US citizen. Will their married considered annuled if they filed a divorce in the US? Can she still remarry here in the Phils if ever? What are the documents needed when she gets back here in the Phils and plan to get married again?

1. Will their married [be] considered annuled [sic] if they filed a divorce in the US?

No. It will be considered as having been terminated by divorce (nagdiborsyo sila , di ba, kaya ang kasal nila ay hindi na-annul, ito ay natapos sa pamamagitan ng diborsyo).

2. Can she still remarry here in the Phils if ever?

Yes, she is already a US citizen, therefore her capacity will be judged by US law, not Philippine law. If US law now allows her to remarry, she can remarry, even here in the Phils.

3. What are the documents needed when she gets back here in the Phils and plan to get married again?

If she is going to get married, she will have to apply for a marriage license with the Civil Registrar (of the place in the Phils. where she or her future husband lives). In applying, she will be required to get a "Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from the US Embassy in Manila (or from the US Consular Agency in Cebu). She can just go to her embassy and ask what are the requirements for getting this certificate of legal capacity.

she has to file letter-requests with the agency concerned asking that they change her records to reflect her new status. she will probably need certified true copies of the divorce decree (probably has to be certified as well by the Phil. consul assigned to the place where she got the divorce), as well as proof of her new nationality (including the date she was naturalized as an American – to show that at the time the divorce was obtained she was no longer a Filipino). to save time, it would probably be better to call up the agency itself and ask what their specific documentary requirements are for changing her status on their records.

Thank you sir...

Just a follow-up Q.

What will be the next step in order to change her married status here in the Phils? Though they are already divorced, but she haven't yet updated any legal documents here in the Phils. Thank you...

she has to file letter-requests with the agency concerned asking that they change her records to reflect her new status. she will probably need certified true copies of the divorce decree (probably has to be certified as well by the Phil. consul assigned to the place where she got the divorce), as well as proof of her new nationality (including the date she was naturalized as an American – to show that at the time the divorce was obtained she was no longer a Filipino). to save time, it would probably be better to call up the agency itself and ask what their specific documentary requirements are for changing her status on their records.

@ Sir Rocco69,

Just another inquiry, i just learned that the girl has a dual citizenship. Will this be a problem here in the Phils?

magiging malaking problema yan. hindi kinikilala sa Pilipinas ang divorce na kinuha ng isang Filipino citizen. kung Filipino siya, walang bisa ang divorce kung ang nag-apply dito ay siya o silang dalawa (no-fault divorce), pero kung ang nag-file ng divorce ay hindi siya kundi ang Amerikanong asawa niya, maaari siyang mag-asawa muli dito sa Pilipinas.

ang tanong, paano siya naging dual citizen (akala ko siya ay na-petition sa America, at dun ay naging American citizen). kung nag-apply siya para maging Filipino citizen ulit, kelan ito nangyari (before or after the divorce)?

@ Sir Rocco69,

Just another inquiry, i just learned that the girl has a dual citizenship. Will this be a problem here in the Phils?