Diesel Or Gasoline?

Diesel technology has come along way already.

The current generation of diesels use common rail direct injection (high pressure) and variable geometry turbos, which have improved on simple direct injection, intercooler turbos.

Diesel travels farther simply because it is denser offering more mass per volume. More combustible material per liter.

Diesel is also cheaper.

Diesel is also an oil which means your fuel is also a lubricant.

Older high compression ratio engine have very strong blocks.

Diesel engines are known to have useful lives well into 250,000 kms

Diesel engines don't have spark plugs so you have no spark plug expenses.

Diesel engine maintenance problems are myths, it's rarely the engine that has the problem. These are tough buggers.

Sure older generations have "dirty" exhaust but new tech has improved emissions.

The world runs on diesel more than you think. Power plants, trains, trucks, buses, ships, boats, even submarines run on diesels.

Diesel here. I drive a pickup. So im never really goong to be racing with anyone. I do need the pulling power. I had an SUV before and when i carry heavy loads i can feel the accelaration getting slower. Parang nahihirapan yung car. While in my pickup now. I can load it with 700kg and it doesnt feel any different. But then it was never fast to begin with hehe

• 3 months later...