When Is The Best Time To Work Out?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok this might be too nit-picky for some but let me chime in

MORNING advantage is correlation to CONSISTENCY. Research has found that people who exercise before their day starts have higher scores in following their programs.

Imagine mo na lng.

Gising ka ng mas maaga. Nag exercise then pumasok sa trabaho/negosyo.

VS

Pumas ka ng trabaho/negosyo.

...napa OT ka ng wala sa oras. byebye program

...natrapik ka ng todo todo. byebye program

...napagod ka sa byahe pauwe, tinamad. byebye program

...nagkita kayo ng crush mo. may nag aya. byebye program

etc etc

Pero syempre case to case basis depende sa lifestyle but bottom line the morning advantage is synonymous to exercise before your day starts.

AFTERNOON advantage is STRONGER output. Research shows that athletes have higher power output in the late afternoons. So if you are a competitive lifter (not necessarily professional) you might get some benefit working out in the late afternoons in trying to break those PRs.

Personally, I can lift heavier weights in the late afternoons compared to mornings so I can say that this hypothesis applies to me.

Edited by mirmo
  • 4 weeks later...

It depends on your fitness goals.

If you're just trying to burn calories, any time is fine as long as you stick to a routine.

If you're trying to build muscle, it's important that your muscles have enough fuel and glycogen to exert effort and enough protein to repair. So it's better to work out between breakfast and lunch to avoid switching up your meal schedule and to keep your muscles fresh. But doing it before dinner is fine, too, just have a pre-workout meal of carbs about 2 hours before your workout session and make sure your dinner has a lot of protein.

If you like running, morning runs tend to be safer than night runs. The same with cycling.

If you're working or studying, mornings tend to work better for most people. But I scheduled evening sessions with a trainer. (paying in advance tends to motivate you to attend)

In the end, like many have said, the best work out schedule is the one you stick to. Your workout schedule should serve you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...