Practical Shooting

pareng pare

mga sir meron bang .22 magazine 15 rounds?

pardon my ignorance po

hello adikted. usually, the size of a 22lr magazine is around 10 rounds, both for rifles and pistols. after market magazines from buttercreek for the ruger 10/22 rifle pushes this to about 30 with their banan-type magazine. pistols are stuck at 10 unless you can have one manufactured.

there is one pistol, however, that was just unveiled that has more than 10 rounds. this new gun has 30! and its in 22Magnum! this new weapon is the Kel-Tec PMR30. i am attaching a pic below. did not see it during the gun show, but a friend of mine is planning to get distribution rights for Kel-Tec firearms, so will let you guys know soon.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/pmr30/back.jpg

mga bossing, pasensiya na bago lang ako dito pero matagal tagal na rin ako sa larangan ng pagpuputok. I fired my friend's glock pistol and its lightweight and good to fire. However, narinig ko na bihira if not wala ng nagbebenta ng glock pistol sa market. May I know the reason po bakit? Interested kasi ako bumili nung glock lalo na .40 cal pistols. Thanks mga bossing

mga bossing, pasensiya na bago lang ako dito pero matagal tagal na rin ako sa larangan ng pagpuputok. I fired my friend's glock pistol and its lightweight and good to fire. However, narinig ko na bihira if not wala ng nagbebenta ng glock pistol sa market. May I know the reason po bakit? Interested kasi ako bumili nung glock lalo na .40 cal pistols. Thanks mga bossing

Sir ironman007, i am afraid glocks are currently only being sold to law enforcement and military personnel. i am afraid the previous distributor was unscrupulous enough to sell the serial numbers of the firearms sold to him to other shady people. the end result is the philippines is on a watch list for glocks. you can only buy glocks second hand nowadays.

if you are still looking for something similar to glocks, you can check out the HS2000/ Springfield XDm (virtually same gun), and the S&W P&M.

Sir ironman007, i am afraid glocks are currently only being sold to law enforcement and military personnel. i am afraid the previous distributor was unscrupulous enough to sell the serial numbers of the firearms sold to him to other shady people. the end result is the philippines is on a watch list for glocks. you can only buy glocks second hand nowadays.

if you are still looking for something similar to glocks, you can check out the HS2000/ Springfield XDm (virtually same gun), and the S&W P&M.

that's the infamous "taiwan incident".. several drug traffickers were apprehended in taiwan carrying Glocks. upon checking of the serial numbers, it was learned that those Glocks came from the philippines. hence, the banning of exportation of Glock Austria to the philippines.

there are 2 gunstores that i know na nagpaparating ng Glocks dito sa atin..although Glock USA ito, marami pa ring kumukuha..as far as i know very limited lang ang stocks nila.

Salamat sir miggy and sir ray for the info's. May I ask lang kung ung versatility ba ng HS kasingganda rin ba ng glock or much better sa glock? Thanks

due to glock's popularity, several leading gun manufacturers' (springfield, smith & wesson, taurus just to name a few) followed suite. there are different opinions when comparing these guns to glock. some are good and some are not so good. some of these are considered already at par with glock when it comes to reliability according to some veteran shooters..glock itself has its own flaws (noting the "glock kaboom" incidences being circulated in the net).

i am not a fan of these so called "tupperware pistols". but if i were to choose among these plastic pistols, i'll go for the originator of the polymer gun..the glock!

Edited by ray004

Hello sa mga gun experts here...

baguhan lang ako sa larangan ng pagpapaputok

three times pa lang ako nakahawak at nakapagpaputok and that was during nasa legaspi ako na tinuturuan ng friend ko na pulis

ang service firearm pa niya ay Armscor .45

medyo natuwa pa nga ako at tuluyan na yatang nagkaroon ng hilig na matuto sa pamamaril dahil noong 3 beses akong nagpaputok ay puro "alpha" daw ang mga tinamaan

so ito ang mga tanong ko:

1) for a beginner, ano ba ang dapat mauna - magkaroon muna ng knowledge sa tamang pag handle ng baril or bumili muna ng baril?

2) what is recommended as the first gun? yung puwedeng pag praktisan... a .45 pistol or a 9mm pistol?

3) i have been reading lots of good news about S&W version of the 1911...mas mura ba ito sa Colt or parehas lang ang price or masyado lang akong nagpapadala sa hype?

4) ano ang preferred gun ng mga left handed shooters?

5) for a budget of 50K, ano ang brand and klase ng gun ang puwedeng mabili?

thanks for the helpful information and guidance

Salamat sir miggy and sir ray for the info's. May I ask lang kung ung versatility ba ng HS kasingganda rin ba ng glock or much better sa glock? Thanks

@ sir Ironman007, you ask a very tricky question. I know ray would answer the Glock, although i think we would both much prefer 1911s. i have nothing against glock per se, as its a reliable gun. just that i would like to have another safety feature, like a manual safety or a grip safety. so i would usually go for the HS

so, as to your question, i think performance of the HS/XDm and the Glock are comparable from my limited experience with both guns, as well as the chats i have had with those who have shot both guns more times than i. as an alternative, you could do no wrong with an HS, but i was advised also before to get the XDm version, as the coating is much more resistant to tropical weather.

@ sir Ironman007, you ask a very tricky question. I know ray would answer the Glock, although i think we would both much prefer 1911s. i have nothing against glock per se, as its a reliable gun. just that i would like to have another safety feature, like a manual safety or a grip safety. so i would usually go for the HS

actually bro miggy i am more of a revo guy..but this is the one i carry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/lemuelntalosig/My%20Gun/hardchrome.jpg

Edited by ray004

Hello sa mga gun experts here...

baguhan lang ako sa larangan ng pagpapaputok

three times pa lang ako nakahawak at nakapagpaputok and that was during nasa legaspi ako na tinuturuan ng friend ko na pulis

ang service firearm pa niya ay Armscor .45

medyo natuwa pa nga ako at tuluyan na yatang nagkaroon ng hilig na matuto sa pamamaril dahil noong 3 beses akong nagpaputok ay puro "alpha" daw ang mga tinamaan

so ito ang mga tanong ko:

1) for a beginner, ano ba ang dapat mauna - magkaroon muna ng knowledge sa tamang pag handle ng baril or bumili muna ng baril?

2) what is recommended as the first gun? yung puwedeng pag praktisan... a .45 pistol or a 9mm pistol?

3) i have been reading lots of good news about S&W version of the 1911...mas mura ba ito sa Colt or parehas lang ang price or masyado lang akong nagpapadala sa hype?

4) ano ang preferred gun ng mga left handed shooters?

5) for a budget of 50K, ano ang brand and klase ng gun ang puwedeng mabili?

thanks for the helpful information and guidance

hmmm, a lot of questions. will try to answer them the best i can......

first, get some time to learn gun safety and ownership as well as using a gun. remember na ang mga pulis natin, 8 out of 10 do not know how to actually use their guns properly. so, go to a reputable range and find out if they have lectures on gun ownership. attend them. actually, kailangan ka talaga mag-attend ng course na ito before you could buy a firearm (nasa batas ito). most gunstores also have these lectures as requirement before they would sell you a gun. again, learn how to use the gun properly first.

for a first gun, i would prefer using a 9mm. not as heavy as a 45 and easier on your hands.

hmmmmm, S&W or Colt? the Colt is actually cheaper. and, yes, in the 1911, S&W is very much hyped lang. personally, with the money you spend on these guns (80k sa Colt, 90+ - 100+ sa S&W), it would be cheaper to get a Practical series ng Armscor and practice with that muna. as you get more proficient, you can modify it with better components until you have something you like costing less than the Colt or S&W.

guns for left-handed shooters? nowadays, many guns available are ambidextrous, so both left and right handers could use them. also, for 45s, there are slim and high capacity models. slim 45s have 7-8 shots, while hi-caps have 12-15 rounds.

hmmmm, guns for a budget of 50k. i would recommend Armscor's practical series and their APP series. many pinoys overlook Armscor because of colonial mentality, but big time ang Armscor abroad! their booth at the gunshows in Las Vegas and Orlando was just as big as S&W's! also, their factory here produces for STI and Tanfoglio. another good gun yung Tanfoglio. i use a tanfoglio as a carry and my wife has one also. very dependable guns. another good brand yung Bersa. Norinco is also something you should look at. Stay away from Taurus pistols, dahil hindi sila very dependable. you could also try firestorm, or shooters

Armscor, tanfoglio, bersa, and norinco sell for about 25-30. use the rest of the money to get good practice:)

• Like (+1) 1

hmmm, a lot of questions. will try to answer them the best i can......

first, get some time to learn gun safety and ownership as well as using a gun. remember na ang mga pulis natin, 8 out of 10 do not know how to actually use their guns properly. so, go to a reputable range and find out if they have lectures on gun ownership. attend them. actually, kailangan ka talaga mag-attend ng course na ito before you could buy a firearm (nasa batas ito). most gunstores also have these lectures as requirement before they would sell you a gun. again, learn how to use the gun properly first.

for a first gun, i would prefer using a 9mm. not as heavy as a 45 and easier on your hands.

hmmmmm, S&W or Colt? the Colt is actually cheaper. and, yes, in the 1911, S&W is very much hyped lang. personally, with the money you spend on these guns (80k sa Colt, 90+ - 100+ sa S&W), it would be cheaper to get a Practical series ng Armscor and practice with that muna. as you get more proficient, you can modify it with better components until you have something you like costing less than the Colt or S&W.

guns for left-handed shooters? nowadays, many guns available are ambidextrous, so both left and right handers could use them. also, for 45s, there are slim and high capacity models. slim 45s have 7-8 shots, while hi-caps have 12-15 rounds.

hmmmm, guns for a budget of 50k. i would recommend Armscor's practical series and their APP series. many pinoys overlook Armscor because of colonial mentality, but big time ang Armscor abroad! their booth at the gunshows in Las Vegas and Orlando was just as big as S&W's! also, their factory here produces for STI and Tanfoglio. another good gun yung Tanfoglio. i use a tanfoglio as a carry and my wife has one also. very dependable guns. another good brand yung Bersa. Norinco is also something you should look at. Stay away from Taurus pistols, dahil hindi sila very dependable. you could also try firestorm, or shooters

Armscor, tanfoglio, bersa, and norinco sell for about 25-30. use the rest of the money to get good practice:)

WoW! salamat ng maramo sa helpful and very informative reply, Sir MiggyE

i will definitely follow them

pero sa dinami dami ng gun stores dito sa pinas, alin ang pinaka OK when it comes to customer service? yung napuntahan ko kasi like Hahn in megamall parang mayabang sumagot e nakakahiya na tuloy magtanong at yung dun naman sa shoppesville parang sa gesture pa lang gusto na ko palayasin nung malaman na inquire pa lang ako or ganoon ba talaga yung mga tao sa gun shops? yung sa twin pines ok naman kausap...

and anung gun club ang most recommended na salihan? sa may tondo area ako e so sana yung malapit lang din

thanks ulit

Thanks sa mga info's bossing. It certainly helped me a lot in analyzing the choosing the right pistol..:) Sir ray, may i ask magkano ung budget ng ganyang kagandang 1911?

i bought the gun during gunshow at megamall. i just could not remember but the unit cost me not more than 17K at that time. i had the internal parts fined tuned by 2 different gunsmiths. the hard chrome finish was done by again 2 different gunsmiths. i guess i spent more or less 20K in modifications. pero di biglaan yon. if budget permits, saka lang ako nagpapa-modify. fine tuning ng internals parts ang inuna ko because it is very important that your gun functions well.

in terms of gunstores, i bought all of my 5 guns at Aquila Firearms. no hassle or whatsoever everytime i transact with them. their staffs are courteous and efficient.. also i'd like to note Federal Gun Exchange. cheaper ang rates ng mga units nila compared with the AFAD gunstores. courteous din and accomodating ang mga staffs nila