Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

• 4 months later...

it was a good series chief. you guys gave us a good fight and it was worth the shouting...and the cost of the tickets hahaha honestly from the 1st day he took over the job from bo, we in katipunan believed that coach tab will bring us back on top. can you just imagine bringing ateneo to the finals just in his first try? of course we bowed to the mighty la salle in season 79...but the system and the discipline instilled in the boys continued. looking forward to another good series in season 81? oh and by the way, that dlsu building in blue lights?...that was sportsmanship at its best :)

Watched the recent interview of Tab with TJ Manotoc. It was very clear that they started getting back to work right after they lost Season 79. The physicality was something they worked on daw for the year, and it paid off. Ateneo seemed tougher and in better shape even under the pressure from DLSU in game 3. Similarly, i wonder what major adjustment dlsu will come with for next year. Maybe a better half court offense?

I also have to mention one player from each school who was underrated throughout the series:

Caracut - this kid was steady. Melecio got the praises for offense and Montalbo had defense but Caracut was about 80% of both.

Asistio - he got hot, cold and then hot again for the season. But you could not see him pouting or lose confidence when Mamuyac or Black was being played more than him.

Watched the recent interview of Tab with TJ Manotoc. It was very clear that they started getting back to work right after they lost Season 79. The physicality was something they worked on daw for the year, and it paid off. Ateneo seemed tougher and in better shape even under the pressure from DLSU in game 3. Similarly, i wonder what major adjustment dlsu will come with for next year. Maybe a better half court offense?

I also have to mention one player from each school who was underrated throughout the series:

Caracut - this kid was steady. Melecio got the praises for offense and Montalbo had defense but Caracut was about 80% of both.

Asistio - he got hot, cold and then hot again for the season. But you could not see him pouting or lose confidence when Mamuyac or Black was being played more than him.

Tab was just a gulf apart from Ayo in terms of coaching. There is a rumor that Ayo may move to UST and he can move there for all I care. DLSU should bring back our 4-peat architect, Franz Pumaren. Yes, I saw the LS building having blue lights to honor your Blue Eagles. Coaching was the difference. Big Ben will be back next year. I am hoping it is another DLSU-ADMU finale next year. I have always relished it when my Green Archers beat your Blue Eagles, just as, I am sure, you relish your Blue Eagles beating my Green Archers. :)

yes clearly ayo was schooled by coach tab...i just admire the coolness of this kiwi. admu vs. dlsu will always be the mother of all rivalries chief. we can't change that anymore. kaya nga ang laging sinasabi, matalo ka na sa iba wag lang sa la salle and vice-versa (i'm sure). i'm likewise looking for another admu-dlsu championship series next season. it was your season last year...now let us enjoy our bonfire in katipunan tonight. til next season chief

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, chief. Until next season. Let us hope it is gonna be a trilogy just like the Cavs and the Ws. However, I just don't see Lechoke and the Cavs advancing to the Finals this season.

yes chief until next year. a dlsu-admu trilogy will surely be a big hit. yup...i foresee a celtics vs. warriors or celtics vs rockets series in june (of course barring major injuries to the star players).

• Like (+1) 1

Wait for the Kiwi young 'un for S81. Tiebreaker Times had rolled out an article about him. What makes me gidd though is the thought of Baltazar owning up, Gob playing again, and Santillan becoming a bona fide star. Hoo looks like he’s leaving too so Prince has his work cut out for him

The eligibility limbo caused this move to be triggered, I think. Much respect to Mbala though, and I hope he does well, even well enough to get a crack the G-league or even the NBA.

La Salle will reload, and it could be as soon as next year. Let's see if anybody will challenge them for the other finals slot.