Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Go La Salle, from a Velasco Tenant.

tenant ng velasco engineering building??

walang chick dun puro itlog lng :upside: ..

dpat sa miguel bldg nalang.

teka lng.. magaling ba talaga si ARVIE BRINGAS center siya dba?

walang capable center yung archers si Ferdinand nalang.. kawawa yan kay Rabeh :(

Guest megalodon
bold prediction on ateneo-la salle tiff, lasalle will be slaughtered :thumbsupsmiley: :cool: :mtc:

I hope not. But, admittedly, ADMU has the better line-up. Animo Lasalle!

Edited by megalodon
I don't think I even wanna watch their matchup this year. La Salle will get creamed by over 20 points.

And I thought last year's matchup was embarrassing. This year might be even worse.

I accepted that reality last year. LaSalle's decade of dominance is over. Six championships in ten years -_-

ok, ok.. five championships ^_^ intentionally forgot the other one was forfieted.

2 championships on my 4 1/2 yrs there.... good times. But it should have been 3 dammit! :angry:

im just thankful that i was situated there when it happened.

I accepted that reality last year. LaSalle's decade of dominance is over. Six championships in ten years -_-

ok, ok.. five championships ^_^ intentionally forgot the other one was forfieted.

2 championships on my 4 1/2 yrs there.... good times. But it should have been 3 dammit! :angry:

im just thankful that i was situated there when it happened.

This means La Salle is due for a coaching change. The Pumaren system has finally served its purpose. It's time for a new system, a new dynasty. There are several Lasallian coaches out there who could be great replacements.

Going back to Franz Pumaren. He should have stepped down after the 2005 season. After his team lost to FEU, DLSU acknowledged that they fielded ineligible players in Benitez and Gatchalian. Dapat doon pa lang nagresign na siya. Coach siya kahit papaano alam niya educational background ng mga players niya. Usually coach din ang involved sa recruitment ng mga players galing sa high school. But he claimed na wala siyang alam doon which is hard to believe hahaha.

DLSU is not the same old team of yesteryears. Last year they were still able to reach the finals because Casio and Maierhofer carried them. Second their vaunted pressing defense can now easily be broken. Third they really don't have a big man in this team so they usually rely on that pressing defense to cover up the absence of a dominant inside player. Fourth, they have 5 or 6 rookies in this team. If they meet up with Ateneo, I believe that Ateneo can beat them twice this season again.

Ateneo just lost Yuri Escueta , Chris Tiu and Jobe Nkemokolam. They still have Ryan Buenafe, Rabeh Al Hussaini, Noy Baclao etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if DLSU could not reach the final four. The last time the Green Archers had a weak team according to Pumaren was way back in 2003. During that tournament. They lost to Ateneo twice in the eliminations. They won a game in their matchup against Ateneo. But they were definitely defeated by the Eagles. That 2003 team was much stronger. They had Jerwin Gaco, Araña, and Casio. That team still had Mac Cardona and Joseph Yeo. This is a much different team for the archers. James Mangahas would definetely be the guy carrying this team.

Going back to Franz Pumaren. He should have stepped down after the 2005 season. After his team lost to FEU, DLSU acknowledged that they fielded ineligible players in Benitez and Gatchalian. Dapat doon pa lang nagresign na siya. Coach siya kahit papaano alam niya educational background ng mga players niya. Usually coach din ang involved sa recruitment ng mga players galing sa high school. But he claimed na wala siyang alam doon which is hard to believe hahaha.

DLSU is not the same old team of yesteryears. Last year they were still able to reach the finals because Casio and Maierhofer carried them. Second their vaunted pressing defense can now easily be broken. Third they really don't have a big man in this team so they usually rely on that pressing defense to cover up the absence of a dominant inside player. Fourth, they have 5 or 6 rookies in this team. If they meet up with Ateneo, I believe that Ateneo can beat them twice this season again.

Ateneo just lost Yuri Escueta , Chris Tiu and Jobe Nkemokolam. They still have Ryan Buenafe, Rabeh Al Hussaini, Noy Baclao etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if DLSU could not reach the final four. The last time the Green Archers had a weak team according to Pumaren was way back in 2003. During that tournament. They lost to Ateneo twice in the eliminations. They won a game in their matchup against Ateneo. But they were definitely defeated by the Eagles. That 2003 team was much stronger. They had Jerwin Gaco, Araña, and Casio. That team still had Mac Cardona and Joseph Yeo. This is a much different team for the archers. James Mangahas would definetely be the guy carrying this team.

pumaren did resign, LA SALLE brothers asked him to reconsider

you win some & you lose some, LA SALLE can't win it all

TRUE SALLIANS will savor their victories & will be PROUD of it

Allow me to reply on your post.

1. Franz did resign.

2. Your second paragraph is somewhat confusing.

Re pressure defense: DLSU no longer has the right materials to implement this type of defense. Players like Cardona, Yeo Gaco & Arana are a perfect fit to this type of defense.

Big men - DLSU ever since, even during the NCAA days has always been guard oriented. Well known players who came from DLSU are mostly guards from Bilbao, Beng, Eduque, Casio, to name a few.

I agree with you that with 6 rookies for this season DLSU will be hard pressed to even reach the final four. This is a rebuilding year for the Green Archers. This year's Green Archers will have to mature fast to be able to be competitive.

3. ADMU is a strong team this season. In fact I would even dare say that this year's ADMU team is much better, than last year, in the sense that it now has championship experience. But next year will be a different story. ADMU's young players will have to develop and mature fast, if they will still be competitive next year. But, we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Green is the color of hope!

Edited by greenarrow

1. Franz did resign.

Re pressure defense: DLSU no longer has the right materials to implement this type of defense. Players like Cardona, Yeo Gaco & Arana are a perfect fit to this type of defense.

Big men - DLSU ever since, even during the NCAA days has always been guard oriented. Well known players who came from DLSU are mostly guards from Bilbao, Beng, Eduque, Casio, to name a few.

I agree with you that with 6 rookies for this season DLSU will be hard pressed to even reach the final four. This is a rebuilding year for the Green Archers. This year's Green Archers will have to mature fast to be able to be competitive.

3. ADMU is a strong team this season. In fact I would even dare say that this year's ADMU team is much better, than last year, in the sense that it now has championship experience. But next year will be a different story. ADMU's young players will have to develop and mature fast, if they will still be competitive next year. But, we are getting ahead of ourselves.

GREEN is the color of pasture ,,,,, the greener it gets the better the pasture will become........kulang sa dilig at sikat lang ng araw ang mga mamamana boys.....pag nag mature yan..... which they should.....parang FEU yan last year.....palaban...sana magjive nga lang ang daunted def ni Franz at sizzling offense ni Dindo....yun yata ang pinag tutuunan nila ng pansin....The good thing is all out support ang Alumni...so sana lahat.....who knowssssssss...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hehehehe biro lang bro..... Animo!

1. Franz did resign.

Yes he resigned but he returned. If you're going to resign make sure don't return anymore. Ika nga delikadeza. Lalo na nung nasuspend ang DLSU.

tenant ng velasco engineering building??

walang chick dun puro itlog lng :upside: ..

dpat sa miguel bldg nalang.

teka lng.. magaling ba talaga si ARVIE BRINGAS center siya dba?

walang capable center yung archers si Ferdinand nalang.. kawawa yan kay Rabeh :(

Yup, kahit may babae kami, its either my bf or mukhang lalake, hahahaha. May classes din ako sa Miguel, pag ung mga general subjects like intphil, filione,englone yung mga ganun.

Si Bringas not bad naman, pero si Ferdinand OMG, bumalik na lang siya sa indonesia