Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Atenista ako but let me say this -

the PCCL title was won by team that wanted it more.

Congratulations to the Green Archers

i agree and from the beginning I congratulated the team that won and I can say it again.

Congratulations to the Green Archers for being the better team on that day and during that tournament.

That's BS

The PCCL champion is the best team in the country.

If the PCCL is so important to DLSU why the continued snubbing only up to this year? We can excuse you for the suspension year but all the other years?

THEN when you win it it is suddenly the be all and end all of all collegiate leagues?

How convenient di ba?

So ADMU (last year's PCCL Champions) was a better team than DLSU last year? Even though I'm a ADMU alumni I don't think so. Even though DLSU because did not participate in the PCCL using your reasoning that is the logical and reasonable conclusion.

The PCCL is a tournament. The Champion of that tournament is the best and are the champions over all the teams that joined that league/tournament for that league and that tournament.

The UAAP is the same for that tournament.

The NCAA is the same for that tournament.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

Again congratulations for DLSU for being the 2008 PCCL Champions, despite being hampered by depleted line-up won the tournament.

Credit where credit is due.

If the PCCL is so important to DLSU why the continued snubbing only up to this year? We can excuse you for the suspension year but all the other years?

THEN when you win it it is suddenly the be all and end all of all collegiate leagues?

How convenient di ba?

So ADMU (last year's PCCL Champions) was a better team than DLSU last year? Even though I'm a ADMU alumni I don't think so. Even though DLSU because did not participate in the PCCL using your reasoning that is the logical and reasonable conclusion.

The PCCL is a tournament. The Champion of that tournament is the best and are the champions over all the teams that joined that league/tournament for that league and that tournament.

The UAAP is the same for that tournament.

The NCAA is the same for that tournament.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

Again congratulations for DLSU for being the 2008 PCCL Champions, despite being hampered by depleted line-up won the tournament.

Credit where credit is due.

ergo:

NBA Champs are champs for that league

PBA Champs are champs for that league

ergo:

NBA and PBA Champs are in equal standing w/ each other.

another:

World Cup champs are champs of only that tourney

hence, they're not champs of the world? WTF? :boo:

If there's anything DLSU fanboys can say, this was the first year the SBP gave its backing to the PCC. Ang dating de facto championship yung National students championship ng BAP. :boo:

ergo:

NBA Champs are champs for that league

PBA Champs are champs for that league

ergo:

NBA and PBA Champs are in equal standing w/ each other.

another:

World Cup champs are champs of only that tourney

hence, they're not champs of the world? WTF? :boo:

If there's anything DLSU fanboys can say, this was the first year the SBP gave its backing to the PCC. Ang dating de facto championship yung National students championship ng BAP. :boo:

good points bro. the PCC sweet 16 is just like the NCAA sweet 16 and the NBA Playoffs meaning the BEST teams per Division will battle it out to become the National Champ. If a certain team doesn't give a sh*t about that then it's not the fault of the tourney, hence, it's the fault of the said team because they don't perform well... kung wala lang sa kanila yung tourney na ito then problema nila yun but its doesnt necessarily mean na walang kwenta yung tourney na ito because certain team/s dont feel like playing in it.

Where do you your logic? Maybe it wasn't taught to you in college.

There was never any mention of NBA=PBA.

You just limit it to NBA Champs=best team in the NBA for that tournament. PBA champs= best team in PBA.

If we used your logic if an NBA team were sent to the World Championships and they lost and ended up being 6th (remember that 6-7 years ago I think that happened to the USA) that would mean every NBA team would be at the most the 6th best in the world at that time.

I think not, it only means that they were the 6th best for that tournament.

You mean the NBA Champs will not beat the "World Champs"

Any tournament/league can call itself World..... something. It doesn't mean that it is the best in the world. Just look at boxing and beauty pageants.

Edited by xxio
Where do you your logic? Maybe it wasn't taught to you in college.

There was never any mention of NBA=PBA.

You just limit it to NBA Champs=best team in the NBA for that tournament. PBA champs= best team in PBA.

If we used your logic if an NBA team were sent to the World Championships and they lost and ended up being 6th (remember that 6-7 years ago I think that happened to the USA) that would mean every NBA team would be at the most the 6th best in the world at that time.

I think not, it only means that they were the 6th best for that tournament.

You mean the NBA Champs will not beat the "World Champs"

Any tournament/league can call itself World..... something. It doesn't mean that it is the best in the world. Just look at boxing and beauty pageants.

NBA = top basketball league in the U.S.

PBA = top basketball league in RP

ergo, NBA = PBA

so

if NBA = "world champion"

then PBA = "world champion"

in theory, the euroleague should be higher than the NBA since it consists of champions from different countries, like... the PCC :lol:

you are confused with national team tourneys and club team tourneys.

if you can tell me WHAT SPECIFIC NBA TEAM competed at the 2002 WC your "logic" will hold ground.

^^ Until there is general public acceptance and the collegiate basketball teams take this seriously (i.e. months long preparation, sending out their best teams, regular attendance, alumni support), the PCCL will remain a second rate tournament. :cry: Sana nga mag-pickup din ito eventually. It would be nice to have our own version of the US NCAA's March Madness and Final Four. :upside:

Edited by dencio

Plain and simple, the PCCL is not the best collegiate basketball league in the Philippines. The champion of that league can not be considered as the nation's best. Regardless of how the league presents itself. Regardless of the marketing. At least not yet. The PCCL has not yet achieved the premiere status that would make the top teams in the country (UAAP and NCAA teams in my objective opinion) take it as seriously as their own mother leagues nor does it carry the prestige and public acceptance that the said mother leagues enjoy. Proof in point is how some top teams don't practice regularly or don't even field complete line-ups, things that won't happen during the regular season UAAP or NCAA games. Nobody watches the games either. At least not with the same fanaticism as regular season as NCAA and UAAP games.

Though being patterned after the US NCAA Basketball National Championships, the league has still some ways to go. For one, there is still no uniform build up for teams invited to the tournament. Our local school leagues don't have uniform schedules unlike in the US NCAA where all the conference tournaments end almost at the same time leading up to the big dance. Granted that most top leagueS play in the first semester of the school year, there are still some good leagues (whose champions merit at least a wild card invite) that play during the second semester. There are other minor kinks that will be ironed eventually to really give the PCCL the prestige that it need to be considered as THE premiere college hoops tourney and the champion as the trully RECOGNIZED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Still, it's a great tournament and the winner will always deserve the accolades and glory attached to to the title.

Congratulations to the De La Salle Green Archers for winning the 2008 PCCL title. They were the best team in this tournament and deserved the title more than anybody else.

Edited by brawler201
OMG!!!

I can't believe this thread is still going on with all the petty quarrels :thumbsdownsmiley: . Everyone please GROW UP!!!

Congratulations to the 2008 Champions:

NCAA: San Beda Red Lions

UAAP: Ateneo Blue Eagles

PCCL: De La Salle Green Archers

^ you forgot, NBA: Boston Celtics. :goatee:

NBA = top basketball league in the U.S.

PBA = top basketball league in RP

ergo, NBA = PBA

so

if NBA = "world champion"

then PBA = "world champion"

in theory, the euroleague should be higher than the NBA since it consists of champions from different countries, like... the PCC :lol:

you are confused with national team tourneys and club team tourneys.

if you can tell me WHAT SPECIFIC NBA TEAM competed at the 2002 WC your "logic" will hold ground.

if NBA="world champion", then PBA = "world champion"

There falls your argument, IF..... BUT the PBA doesn't claim world championship, even the NBA doesn't. The PHILIPPINE Basketball Association proclaims a Philippine Pro Champion for the teams that participate in it. The NATIONAL Basketball Association proclaims the NBA Champ for their league and the teams that play in it for that tournament and that season only.

Again the Euroleague winners are champions over the specific teams that participated for that specific tournament and are crowned champions of that specific tournament. Nothing more nothing less. You admit in theory the Euroleague Champs are higher than the NBA Champs based on your theory. I will then defer to your infinite wisdom and say based on your logic the Euroleague Champs are better than the NBA Champs.

I have said IF (you have to read closely of you will get lost) an NBA Team was sent. The example was to show that a US team was beatable. Again read closely and pay attention to punctuation (I'm sure they teach you that in college).

I will stick to my stand. Maybe if I put it more simply you will understand.....

The NBA Champs are champs of the NBA.

The PBA Champs are champs of the PBA.

The NCAA Champs are the champs of the NCAA.

The UAAP Champs are the champs of the UAAP.

The PCCL Champs are the champs of the PCCL.

Just substitute the appropriate team for the year they won.

Again congratulations DLSU for being the 2008 PCCL Champions.

^^ Until there is general public acceptance and the collegiate basketball teams take this seriously (i.e. months long preparation, sending out their best teams, regular attendance, alumni support), the PCCL will remain a second rate tournament. :cry: Sana nga mag-pickup din ito eventually. It would be nice to have our own version of the US NCAA's March Madness and Final Four. :upside:

I like your post here, bro.. Even though I root for DLSU (coz I am from DLSU), I also feel that the PCCL is not a tourney that everyone takes seriously.. You can see that in the live attendance.. The school do not really give a damn.. Although, I felt good knowing that La Salle din win the touney.. But being tagged as the best school in the country? Medyo suntok sa buwan yun dahil hindi talaga sineseryoso ang PCCL.. Still, La Salle should be given credit for winning..

I also hope for the PCCL to pick up eventually.. Or i-merge na lang ang UAAP and NCAA.. Champion of the UAAP and Champion of the NCAA should fight it out and the victor will be named the best in the land.. Maganda ito kapag nagkataon.. I do think the topic of merging the leagues has been discussed in the UAAP or NCAA threads before..

I also hope for the PCCL to pick up eventually.. Or i-merge na lang ang UAAP and NCAA.. Champion of the UAAP and Champion of the NCAA should fight it out and the victor will be named the best in the land.. Maganda ito kapag nagkataon.. I do think the topic of merging the leagues has been discussed in the UAAP or NCAA threads before..

dont you think its a bit unfair for those teams from the south? i mean, they have what it takes to win against UAAP/NCAA teams. plus AMA University is blossoming into a contender. Ok na yung PCCL, sana lng mas bgyan ng importansya para magkaroon tlga tau ng National Champion.

thats the problem sa pilipinas, laging may factions. pag ayaw yung nagpapatakbo nung league, magtatayo ng bagong league and all the rest is marketing.

we filipinos should get our act together. there is so much divisiveness in the country kaya hindi tayo umuunlad. we always have to consider if we are kapampangan, ilokano, bisaya etc etc etc. rather than saying we are all Filipinos.

and the politicians make use of that disunity to further their ends. look at the opposition, watak-watak pa rin kaya tuwang tuwa ang administration dahil mas madali silang manalo kahit na alam nating madami na tayong ayaw sa kanila.

oops OT yata ito no?

Edited by barrysaint
  • 2 weeks later...

On my years as a student of DLSU, I never saw them win a crown, as far as i can remember, it was 2nd place 4 years in a row (during the time of Jason Webb and Mark Telan)

It was the same period wherein UST won 4-peat.

They won several championships after that... I guess it just shows the fighting spirit and the determination of the team.

A couple of years ago DLSU even bag the crown after being suspended for a year.

For the last decade, I think DLSU was the team to beat!

ANIMO LA SALLE!!!