Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

DLSU Graduation Message of Brother Armin Luistro FSC : October 5, 2008

I have always marvelled at this happy occasion that we are in. There is no other occasion where we see every person in a room beaming with pride, with a heightened sense of accomplishment than during commencement exercises. For many of you, today is but a formal rite of passage. Much like what we see in most reality shows today, you can rejoice at the thought that you have gone through the worst and survived it. Depending on how lucky you were in avoiding DLSU's most-feared professors, your stay in La Salle could very well be likened to navigating the perilous warzone along Vito Cruz, or an experience of crawling a rat-infested sewer in Leveriza or jumping from the 21st floor of Andrew Hall. The campus can very well be an island in Thailand's Satun Province where the only way of surviving is by maximizing your meager resources and beating the other tribe, hopefully without having to resort to bribing the tribal council or cheating your way to victory. Believe me, there is much more to celebrate today with your personal accomplishments than with the Green Team winning a championship for the season. That despite the fact that I don't see scalpers selling P25,000 patron tickets to watch you come up the stage in your togas to get the photo shot that will grace your blogs or face book in years to come.

While each one of you should be congratulated, for the time, effort, sweat, and tears that you have poured into your studies, we must acknowledge, the people who have walked with you throughout your learning journey—your teachers. Tomorrow has been declared by UNESCO as World Teacher's Day, and celebrated annually since 1994. I believe it is providential that your commencement exercises come within a day from an occasion that is celebrated in more than a hundred nations worldwide, and which in the Philippines, we hope will be commemorated for the whole month of October and every year henceforth.

Right in front of you, dear graduates, are a significant pool of our Lasallian academic partners, teachers who have facilitated your learning in the courses you have taken. I have recently rediscovered the pain and the joy of teaching. After having been caught up in administrative work for more than a decade, I took the plunge and decided to try to teach again last term. "Just one class," I told myself. "Just to distract myself from the madness of bureaucracy, the ever-draining official functions and never-ending meetings." I must confess I always feel inadequately prepared to face my class and almost on the verge of giving up while in the midst of correcting reflection papers and long-winded essays from students who are experts in using a lot of words to say nothing. Mga Lasalistang bolero! After almost missing the deadline for online submission of grades, I was ready to kiss the experiment goodbye. But I was invited to teach again this term, and I found myself seduced a second time. I was crazy enough to fall in love again. Teaching, that is. Notwithstanding the perils of having to deal with smart Alecks and ADHDs in class, teaching is still an enchanting and addictive vocation.

The teachers who are with us today represent but a fraction of the pool of scholars, tutors, researchers that our country has. While De La Salle University is blessed that we have within our midst teachers who have the credentials, the expertise, and the character to take on the vocation, we are disturbed by the reality that we do confront, as a country, a serious problem with regard to the overall teaching workforce. These problems include the continuous deficiency of teachers in basic education, particularly in the public school. We also know that a number of our tutors, in both the public and private schools, especially those who has less materially endowed, are not provided the opportunities to continually update themselves and are compelled at times to handle courses that fall beyond their specialization. Equally disturbing is the paltry compensation that teachers receive in many public and even private institutions. While DLSU could readily boast that our faculty are among the better compensated, their take home pay still pales in comparison to the much more handsome material rewards that their contemporaries in industry receive. Many teachers, particularly those at the basic education level, have joined the ranks of our overseas Filipino workers, trooping to more advanced economies.

Though I know a number of your teachers may have given you a "hard time," with all the requirements given, the difficult examinations, or the grades that you felt you did not deserve, or the all too human faults that they exhibit in class, I can assure you that like your parents, they have no other interest in mind than to prepare you for the life that awaits you. Join me in applauding and showing our appreciation and gratitude to your teachers who are with us today.

Someone said that the best way to show appreciation for the good that another person has done to us is to pay it forward, to commit the same goodness towards others. In this regard, and for those who have the calling, do take on the challenge of a noble and eternally rewarding profession. Teaching is not a monopoly of teachers. So take the plunge and share with others the gift of knowledge and wisdom that you have received generously from your mentors.

Dear graduates, I leave with you one last course requirement: tomorrow, in celebration of World Teachers' Day take the time to write a note or send a text message to at least five teachers in La Salle who have made a difference in your life. Log on to www.teachersday. ph and post a message for those who took the time to walk with you in your journey of learning. And for all of us here present, pass on the message. Every Filipino has a teacher, take the time to thank those who give of themselves to you through the noble vocation of teaching. Tomorrow, let us join the nationwide campaign to celebrate World Teachers' Day by greeting our teachers and encouraging them in their vocation. And for you, beloved teachers, let me leave with you the promise and guarantee of Sacred Scripture: "Those who teach many unto justice, shall shine like stars forever."

Edited by wackyracer
DLSU Graduation Message of Brother Armin Luistro FSC : October 5, 2008

I have always marvelled at this happy occasion that we are in. There is no other occasion where we see every person in a room beaming with pride, with a heightened sense of accomplishment than during commencement exercises. For many of you, today is but a formal rite of passage. Much like what we see in most reality shows today, you can rejoice at the thought that you have gone through the worst and survived it. Depending on how lucky you were in avoiding DLSU's most-feared professors, your stay in La Salle could very well be likened to navigating the perilous warzone along Vito Cruz, or an experience of crawling a rat-infested sewer in Leveriza or jumping from the 21st floor of Andrew Hall. The campus can very well be an island in Thailand's Satun Province where the only way of surviving is by maximizing your meager resources and beating the other tribe, hopefully without having to resort to bribing the tribal council or cheating your way to victory. Believe me, there is much more to celebrate today with your personal accomplishments than with the Green Team winning a championship for the season. That despite the fact that I don't see scalpers selling P25,000 patron tickets to watch you come up the stage in your togas to get the photo shot that will grace your blogs or face book in years to come.

While each one of you should be congratulated, for the time, effort, sweat, and tears that you have poured into your studies, we must acknowledge, the people who have walked with you throughout your learning journey—your teachers. Tomorrow has been declared by UNESCO as World Teacher's Day, and celebrated annually since 1994. I believe it is providential that your commencement exercises come within a day from an occasion that is celebrated in more than a hundred nations worldwide, and which in the Philippines, we hope will be commemorated for the whole month of October and every year henceforth.

Right in front of you, dear graduates, are a significant pool of our Lasallian academic partners, teachers who have facilitated your learning in the courses you have taken. I have recently rediscovered the pain and the joy of teaching. After having been caught up in administrative work for more than a decade, I took the plunge and decided to try to teach again last term. "Just one class," I told myself. "Just to distract myself from the madness of bureaucracy, the ever-draining official functions and never-ending meetings." I must confess I always feel inadequately prepared to face my class and almost on the verge of giving up while in the midst of correcting reflection papers and long-winded essays from students who are experts in using a lot of words to say nothing. Mga Lasalistang bolero! After almost missing the deadline for online submission of grades, I was ready to kiss the experiment goodbye. But I was invited to teach again this term, and I found myself seduced a second time. I was crazy enough to fall in love again. Teaching, that is. Notwithstanding the perils of having to deal with smart Alecks and ADHDs in class, teaching is still an enchanting and addictive vocation.

The teachers who are with us today represent but a fraction of the pool of scholars, tutors, researchers that our country has. While De La Salle University is blessed that we have within our midst teachers who have the credentials, the expertise, and the character to take on the vocation, we are disturbed by the reality that we do confront, as a country, a serious problem with regard to the overall teaching workforce. These problems include the continuous deficiency of teachers in basic education, particularly in the public school. We also know that a number of our tutors, in both the public and private schools, especially those who has less materially endowed, are not provided the opportunities to continually update themselves and are compelled at times to handle courses that fall beyond their specialization. Equally disturbing is the paltry compensation that teachers receive in many public and even private institutions. While DLSU could readily boast that our faculty are among the better compensated, their take home pay still pales in comparison to the much more handsome material rewards that their contemporaries in industry receive. Many teachers, particularly those at the basic education level, have joined the ranks of our overseas Filipino workers, trooping to more advanced economies.

Though I know a number of your teachers may have given you a "hard time," with all the requirements given, the difficult examinations, or the grades that you felt you did not deserve, or the all too human faults that they exhibit in class, I can assure you that like your parents, they have no other interest in mind than to prepare you for the life that awaits you. Join me in applauding and showing our appreciation and gratitude to your teachers who are with us today.

Someone said that the best way to show appreciation for the good that another person has done to us is to pay it forward, to commit the same goodness towards others. In this regard, and for those who have the calling, do take on the challenge of a noble and eternally rewarding profession. Teaching is not a monopoly of teachers. So take the plunge and share with others the gift of knowledge and wisdom that you have received generously from your mentors.

Dear graduates, I leave with you one last course requirement: tomorrow, in celebration of World Teachers' Day take the time to write a note or send a text message to at least five teachers in La Salle who have made a difference in your life. Log on to www.teachersday. ph and post a message for those who took the time to walk with you in your journey of learning. And for all of us here present, pass on the message. Every Filipino has a teacher, take the time to thank those who give of themselves to you through the noble vocation of teaching. Tomorrow, let us join the nationwide campaign to celebrate World Teachers' Day by greeting our teachers and encouraging them in their vocation. And for you, beloved teachers, let me leave with you the promise and guarantee of Sacred Scripture: "Those who teach many unto justice, shall shine like stars forever."

wow man!!!!! this is really INTELLECTUAL SOURGRAPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see the sourgraping. I'm still looking for the intellectual part.

To my DLSU friends can't you see the road that Pumaren and Bro. Armin have taken your bball program down. I agree it has produced championships at what price? Has it produced La Salle students who reflect the values of DLSU? If a student sees pep-tests being altered for him, if he sees his coach and now their president talk and constantly make excuses like this doesn't it leave a bad taste in your mouths? How many of your Varsity players ending up graduating from college in less than 6 years? From what my DLSU supporter uncle told me maswerte na kung umabot ng 70% maka graduate at all, tapos translation studies and sports managment pa?

When Enrico was King Eagle, I found him too ill-tempered and getting goaded and baited and biting into Yeo's style I decried his style of play. When Lipa would curse his players and the refsI expressed my sentiments that these are kids, di dadpat sila minumura and the refs are doing their jobs, complain yes, pagalitan siguro pero murahin?

I have been to games and I have heard Coaches Pumaren and Santiago, especially Santiago. It is a disgrace what comes out of their mouths.

I am nothing in the ADMU community but when I decry acts like these and others see and follow suit maybe change will occur. I hope you guys see this.

I wish the ADMU vs DLSU rivalry to flourish because it is fun, but not at the cost of the future of either school's vision and the futures of these student-athletes.

I cannot confirm the authenticity of this pic but this is how the story goes:

The Ateneo and LaSalle team happened to be at Embassy Bar on the same night, not long after Game 2. Everyone expected trouble but instead, the players got along just fine. Rabeh had his arm on Rico's shoulder, LA Revilla was downing a drink with Eric Salamat, etc. Maybe we can learn a lesson from these young men

And they all share the same girls to f#&k! Thats unity!

Nope. Mr.Swabe was not there and the story goes he wasn't too happy when he heard about it.

and who's your source of this chismis if i may ask?

re mairhoffer and rabeh, are they wearing their school jackets in a bar? lame. nyahaha

Edited by MRyoso
Medyo balat sibuyas lang naman ang nag 2nd place.

As if they don't beat their chests and gloat when they do win.

Bilog ang bola.

bottomline, sore losers and not man enough to accept defeat. at nag tantrum pa at ayaw kunin yung 2nd place trophy.

Di ba unsportsmanlike behavior yun? medyo nalimutan yata nila na the uaap is supposed to promote sportmanship and childish behavior has no place in the college league. actually you can expect better behavior from toddlers. eh baka nag 2nd childhood na yung coach. time to retire. hehehehehe gasgas na yung mga play na alam niya kaya ayun di naka adjust mga bata nya. tapos maghahanap pa ng dahilan kung bakit natalo.

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...