Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Like I said previously, DLSU has more wins over ADMU in head to head.

Congratulations to DLSU for that.

ADMU had a long dark age when we had guys who were 6''2" playing center, times when our varsity players wouldn't be able to make the team B of DLSU.

We can be good losers...can you?

Just to add on the apology issue, did Brian Ilad ever apologize for the sucker punch, did Salgado apologize for the batok? All these things did not happen in a celebration on campus but on National TV for all the communities of all UAAP schools to see. Did the school's person in authority or maybe the coach apologize AND NOT MAKE EXCUSES for them? I don't remember but I do hope with all my heart and for the sake of my DLSU friends that some sort of apology was issued for those incidents.

While you're doing stats, can you let me know how many times in the championship in both UAAP and NCAA that ADMU and DLSU have met and how many each of them have in that head to head match up? I only know of the UAAP results.

Edited by xxio

Ateneo bolted out of the NCAA in the late seventies with the most championships under its belt. Considering that the ADMU-DLSU rivalry dates back to the 1930s NCAA, its safe to say that Ateneo has more championships than La Salle and likewise leads in head-to-head match-ups. Head-to-head in championship games, we all know, Ateneo leads La Salle as well. Para makalamang ang La Salle, they have to limit their tally to 1986-present-day UAAP games and disregard the forfeited games of DLSU due to its fielding of 2 ineligible players from 2004-2005.

Well researched guys psecially wackyracer. lets not dwell on what could have been baka sabihin tayo din sourgraping hehehehe

la salle has improved a lot since the ncaa days. sa uaap surely they were the dominant team since 10 years ago. that is one of the reason why i am still surprised why they acted that way this year in not getting the trophy. the excuse was really really far out. hindi nila alam after their coach received several trophies in the past years hindi nya naalala naa may trophy yung tinalo nila?

Thank you for the facts.

Maybe Coach Franz should be required to watch "Blue Chips", not so much for the basketball but for the way Nick Nolte acted in the end. The program is not the be all and end all. There is something to be said about losing with dignity.

I doubt if he will though, there is a "Blue" in the title.

Sorry forgot the guys who are sick of the back and forth, but there is another option. It is called.................. not opening this thread????

There are a few other threads in MTC that are more interesting I think :)

Sa totoo lang nakakasawa na 'to... wala na bang ibang topics? Ilang weeks na 'tong tapos a!

Ibang laro naman... umpisa na PBA at marami pang ibang laro na pwedeng pag-usapan.

Sa natalo, move-on.... wala ng magagawa dyan.

Sa nanalo, move on din... so tapos na ang celebration, back to normal na.

<_<

Chief,

Maraming ibang thread tungkol sa PBA, NBA atbp. Ito tungkol sa Ateneo-La Salle. Kung ayaw mong magbasa tungkol dito, lipat ka na lang sa ibang thread.

Sana mag back-to-back ang Boston Celtics.

Totoo kaya ang usap-usapan na kaya biglang bumagsak ang recruitment ng La Salle in the last two years ay dahil maraming alumni supporters ang tinabangan na dahil sa mga kawalanghiyaan pinaggagawa ng mga namamahala sa basketball program nila.

The last straw was the Benitez-Gatchalian scandal that resulted in their forfeiting the championship and year long suspension.

After that, even avid sponsors like Danding backed off.

What do you think?

am watching the admu ue sept 14 game. like many games of admu, ang daming turn over ng eagles but they managed to stay on top with a 19 pt lead. defense talaga ang key ng admu. kaya hindi naka porma ang la salle eh. nataranta sila sa defense ng ateneo.

and la salles pressing defense, medyo gasgas na kasi kaya almost all teams now know how to get out of it unlike in the early years when they used it talagang aabutan ka ng clock sa backcourt. coach pumaren has failed to come up with something new kaya ayun hindi man lang nanalo sa admu this year.

Totoo kaya ang usap-usapan na kaya biglang bumagsak ang recruitment ng La Salle in the last two years ay dahil maraming alumni supporters ang tinabangan na dahil sa mga kawalanghiyaan pinaggagawa ng mga namamahala sa basketball program nila.

The last straw was the Benitez-Gatchalian scandal that resulted in their forfeiting the championship and year long suspension.

After that, even avid sponsors like Danding backed off.

What do you think?

I don't know, but my cousin who was a supporter of the program could usually be relied on for a bit of "support" by DLSU. During that DLSU community meeting were the PEP Test scandal was heavily discussed and some alumni walked out because they were unhappy with the views that were espoused by some who held positions of power. He was among them. I haven't asked if he still "supports". Offhand just by our last few conversations I would say no. So maybe this indeed is a factor in the current lack of star/solid players in the DLSU varsity.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=sports6_oct14_2008

This is the point of view of someone outside the ADMU vs DLSU community.

The "island in Thailand’s Satun Province" is now ranked 254.

Source

Two local universities, the Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) and the University of the Philippines (UP), saw their rankings rise in The Times Higher Education - QS (THE-QS) World University Rankings 2008, a leading global ranking of higher education institutions.

In the overall rankings released Monday, Ateneo rose from number 451 in 2007 to number 254 this year, while UP rose from 398 last year to 276.

^

It was unworthy of a man supposedly steeped in Christian values and virtues and in many respects molder and protector of the character of our youth. Frankly, we are relieved that we sent our children—the eldest son and two older daughters not to La Salle but to UP. UP may lose one UAAP game after another compared to La Salle, but at least in terms of values, they are winners all the way.

Again, even as a La Sallista I do not condemn what was written because I believe that it was done in good taste after what Bro. Luistro said.. The Ateneo-La Salle rivalry is on a high note, and I am not stating this positively, but negatively.. The burning of "poles" on the Ateneo side, and the non-stop accusation of La Salle with regards to that very controversial 2nd game of the just concluded championship game are all done in bad taste..

Ronnie Nathanielsz's sentiments is also what I feel right now.. I have asked the question time and time again, why is La Salle doing this? I do not share the same sentiment because that Game 2 will never be proven if the refs were bribed or not.. Kumbaga, just move on.. If this is school pride.. And then it has saddened me..

IMO, the Ateneo swagger and the La Salle pride of today are not what I expect from schools with strong religious traditions.. Today, the rivalry is just too much to bear.. What has happened to healthy competition? Nawala na ba? As they say, "the truth shall set you free.." We should just wait for that truth to blossom and clear our thoughts.. But then again, IMO, the 2nd game was indeed controversial in most La Sallista's eyes, but do we really believe that even if Rico had stayed on the court, we could've won?

Sa mata ng hindi La Sallista at Atenista, nagmumukha tayong mayayabang.. Sana tumigil na ito!!! Mr. Nathanielsz's article should open not only La Salle's eyes but also Ateneo's, that this friendly rivalry has taken a very wrong turn for the worse.. Who's to blame? IMO, pareho..

Edited by revi
Sa mata ng hindi La Sallista at Atenista, nagmumukha tayong mayayabang.. Sana tumigil na ito!!! Mr. Nathanielsz's article should open not only La Salle's eyes but also Ateneo's, that this friendly rivalry has taken a very wrong turn for the worse.. Who's to blame? IMO, pareho..

I agree. Both sides have made mistakes. Noone is blameless.

The glaring thing which Ronnie Nathanielz points out is that the mistake by ADMU was done by an alumni which he apologized for and for which the leader of the school community apologized for as well.

The mistake by DLSU was committed by persons in authority, people who should be leading by example. Instead of being magnanimous and accepting an apology Bro. Armin shows that maybe it is not just Coach Pumaren alone who has been leading these boys down the path which has resulted in such an unsportsmanlike/disrespectful attitude towards the game and the UAAP community. If a player/student sees their leader acting that way, how can they expect themselves to be any better?

If the apology was accepted for what it was maybe things would simmer down, but to utter inflammatory speeches at a valedictory address which has no bearing on a basketball game takes it yet to the next level. "fanning the flames" was the term used by Mr. Nathanielz. A simple "apology accepted" or even a "no comment" would've shown much more class. That is why people cannot move on. One cannot utter such statements in public and not expect a backlash.

If Fr. Nebres ever talked bad about DLSU during a valedictory address I would lose the same respect for him that I have lost for Bro. Armin.

Edited by xxio

tapos na dapat yung sa bonfire issue, humirit pa si Bro. Armin. hay... who would believe him na he's not alluding to ateneo in his speech? feeling ko madaming kapalpakan ang la salle this year. of course, i'm sad with the actuations of some la salle personalities. kahit papano whatever the media picks up will convey a bad image to the la salle community. di maiiwasan yan.

i just hope that once and for all, we learn from our mistakes, move on, try not to repeat the same mistakes and prepare hard to beat the defending champs next year. that's the best way to vindicate our school.

animo la salle!