Feeling Rich, Looking Rich And Claiming To Be Rich

yes bro, we will have a foundation named THE ITTO AND RAFER LADIES CHARITIES, hahahahaha

:)

great idea, idol.

wala lang dating yung pangalan.

methinks we oughta change it to the

Tanglewood

Organization for the

Transformation of

Necessitous,

Affectionate, &

Knowledgeable

WOMEN.

in short... laugh.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yea i know.. hey! thers nothing wwrong with feeling rich as long as you keep it to yourself until you are truly rich!!ahaha. claming to be rich??? whoa! grabe and dami ganito lalo sa bars and clubs.. ang take ko dito is to just be flexible to everyone you hangout with.. you dont have to act or feel rich to be accepted. just be confident enough to hold a good conversation with everyone.. may mga ilan na din ako na encounter na feeling rich talaga pag mag salita and mag act sobra..ang ganda pa nga ng cellphone e, yun nga lang walang load.ahaha. i think most people will appreciate you if they see you working hard for your goals. =)

naging topic namin to nung college sa isang subject ko, reasons were enumerated. sa mga naalala ko, it has something to do with self-esteem and yung idea ng acceptance ng lipunan. then, ung fear din to be discriminated.

korek ka dyan bossing. nakakatuwang isipin na para matanggap ay kailangan gumawa ng ganyan ang isang tao.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the "pabida" effect. ayaw na makukutya ng ibang tao.

mahilig sa pasusyalan ang mga pinoy kahit umabot na sa punto

na ung mga gamit at bahay, mukhang marangya, pero ung mga anak,

nag-aaral sa public school. :)

sabi nga ng mom ko, sa bawat pamilya, kanya2 ng priorities eh.

minsan, material over their children's future.

mas inuuna ang pagpapaganda ng bahay/sasakyan/pagpapasosyal (na panay pagpapaparty)

kahit wala namang sapat na pera, pero maririnig mo,

kaliwa't kanan nangungutang. :huh:

as for me, lumaki ako ng hindi sobrang ganda ng bahay.

we have 2 cars, but its like more than 10years na.

and palage sinasabi ng mom and dad ko, hindi nila priority ang

pagpapaganda since ang inaalala nila paano kame bibigyan ng

magandang education.

since madaming filipino families aminin man o hindi,

ayaw MATALBUGAN ng iba. dbale magkandarapa umutang

basta hindi mauungusan ng iba. :)

kanya2 diskarte. depende rin sa bawat family ano ang inuuna,

at ipaprioritize :)

I think it is important for Filipinos to have the remotest association with affluence because of the false image of a good life.

They say the grass is greener on the other side. A lot of us Pinoys subscribe to that ideal. The grass being greener might mean more money, more material things, easy and convenient living, and even the ever elusive "American Dream". Sociologically, I think it is prevalent among the Filipino people to associate kayamanan with kaginhawaan and kaligayahan (mutually exclusively). That is why we hear people say, "yayaman din ako" when they actually mean they want to get out of a generally oppressive and unjust socio-political situation. In the Philippines, where poverty is prevalent, and where the gap between the rich and the poor is the widest anywhere in the world, the good life is associated with the wealthy and powerful; as in the Philippines, the wealthy ARE the powerful, and vice versa. And thus, it is a false image of a good life.

The good life is not found in wealth nor power. It is found in good, lasting relationships and finding meaning in life and the things that we do while we are alive. It is found in touching the lives of other people (how ever cliche that must sound like). It is in giving back and paying forward. It is in finding love in life and in yourself so that you, too, can love back in any way you deem fitting. It is in finding peace and desiring justice for all. It is in sitting down once in a while and reflecting about what you have done and what you have become and being content with how you lived. And perhaps, you know that when you envision your own funeral (even if it might sound morbid), and you see the faces of those who will be there to attend. In the end, I think that's what all of us aspire for and spend our lives searching.And after all is said and done, we wish to end up, after this life, to where we will finally be united with our Creator.

I do think when you have reached the "CONTENTMENT" in life you are wanting, then I do believe that if you ever do get rich in the future, it won't matter very much!!

to me, LIFE is always about being contented, the small things really matter as what the posted above me said -- lasting relationships, strong family foundation, though you may not afford a great car or lots of dough, but settling for the simple things would really bring you happiness, kasi as what they say, di mo naman madadala pera mo sa langit or sa impyerno, or even purgatory-- wherever you will be going after death!!

:)

but to stay on topic, I do think it's better na di ka magdamit mayaman kahit mayaman ka, I saw a lot of persons na simple manamit and simple umarte pero saksakan ng yaman....daig pa yung mga "feeling mayaman" pero middle class lang....

tama, dapat low profile ka lng. mahirap magpretend n rich bka mapasubo ka sa gastusin. hehe

one more thing gagawin kng utangan ng mga frends mo.pg alam n mapera ka, uutangan ka tas mahihirapan kng maningil sa knila. it happen to me. kya i change my style d nko ngpapaimpress sa mga gatherings. hehehe.. lesson learned mahirap mautangan p ulet.

I think one should not try to keep up with the Joneses (or the Juans), if one doesn't have the means to do so.

People won't respect you just simply bec. you seem rich or act rich. In fact, when they find out you were just pretending, that more they will laugh at you.

Better to be simple, and let other people toot your horn for you.

• 2 months later...

Answer is simple (and denied most of the time) -

1. Because rich people are looked up to., are aspired for

2. And for everyone -- being looked up to is a trait that ud want to have for urself

3. Here's another reality (unspoken) -- ideal beauty for the Pinoy is Meztizo/Meztiza

(yeah, yeah.. ud say beauty is whats inside, --> whatever. we know this aint true).

(again., im talking abt physical beauty., which is really a big factor of your overall being.. take note, i said "big factor"., not "only")

• 3 weeks later...

maraming ganyan sa call center. pero di ko naman nilalahat. I have a co-worker before when I was still working in a call canter

that borrowed money from me and the reason is that her daughter was hospitalized. she did not pay me even a cent.

but what was disturbing was when i looked at her fb account you can see post in her wall that her concerns

are where to take her next vacation and keeps on posting receipts of starbucks in her albums.

maraming ganyan sa call center. pero di ko naman nilalahat. I have a co-worker before when I was still working in a call canter

that borrowed money from me and the reason is that her daughter was hospitalized. she did not pay me even a cent.

but what was disturbing was when i looked at her fb account you can see post in her wall that her concerns

are where to take her next vacation and keeps on posting receipts of starbucks in her albums.

pasosyal tawag dun tama ba i-post pati resibo ng starbucks haha! ngayon lang ba siya nakatikim ng starbucks

tama i-post mga plan vacations madami talaga pasosyal sa call center nakakatawa

may kilala ako super gimik sa lahat ng mga sosyal na bar tipong sumasabit lang sa may pera para malibre

tapos nangungutang nakakatawa

most of the times u will find these people at bars, clubs, vacation spots.

funny how u will hear them converse na talagang yabangan about prices ng laptops, travel costs, how many chicks they banged, latest cellphones they will buy, high paying jobs, high education.

ang lalakas pa umorder ng food. mga english speaking with twang. pero mapapansin mo na walang breeding magsipagsalita.

pag bayaran na hirap na hirap na magsipagbunot ng pambayad.

at pagdating ng uwian. ang mga maaangas nagta taxi pauwi.

sabay sabay lalo na yung mga on the way sa byahe.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

funny how u will hear them converse na talagang yabangan about prices ng laptops, travel costs, how many chicks they banged, latest cellphones they will buy, high paying jobs, high education.

ang lalakas pa umorder ng food. mga english speaking with twang. pero mapapansin mo na walang breeding magsipagsalita.

• 2 weeks later...

korek madaming ganyan sa gimikan sobra pumorma wala naman