Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

BGK wins against TNT

that kind of game wins championships!

yeah, Hustles and Rebounds wins Championship...sans the Free throws ...

i hate Cool Cat for being so cool..sometimes his coolness makes his teammates less aggressive...could have been costly turnovers by him.... the late foul in the dying seconds of the 1st half.. those 2 consecutive errors opening the 4th quarter... :angry2:

and what is it with the team... they have histories of when and when not to call timeouts.... grrrrrr... di makatapat...ang daming games na di sila maka gawa ng play coming out of timeouts and this one..... they did intentionally not called for time, pero same result..bwehehehe......

at least they r safe frm the bottom 4..... ;)

i can see them sticking with Vroman.. chemistry is at stake once they change import at this stage...

Edited by brun0magtangol

MANILA, Philippines—Barangay Ginebra found an unlikely offensive source in Rudy Hatfield as the Gin Kings nipped defending champions Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters, 94-91, in overtime Sunday night in the 37th PBA Commissioner’s Cup at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Hatfield, known more for his defense and rebounding, came through with 30 points on 14-of-20 shooting from the field and grabbed 14 rebounds.

Import Jackson Vroman flirted with a triple-double of 24 points, 19 rebounds and eight assists to offset an awful one-of-12 shooting from the stripe.

The Gin Kings improved to 4-3 while the Texters absorbed just their second setback in seven stints.

Ranidel de Ocampo finished with a team-high 23 points, 16 of which came in the first half.

Congratulations! We won! BUT.......................what's your take on Vroman? Hatfield? A MONSTER GAME. Sabi nga, the H-Bomb has been detonated inside the Big Dome! Medyo nagulat lang kami when Coach Tanc replaced Hatfield in the final 40 seconds of play!

my take on vroman? if he could just focus on playing the game and less arguments with the refs, he could be a real factor for the team! noticed his assists on his local teammates, especially on hatfield? maganda rotation ng bola.

but on a tight game i would not give the ball to him. last time i heard from the commentators earlier he was 1/10 FT.

Career-high 30 from H-Bomb lifts Ginebra past Talk ‘n Text in OT

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--N8hoyStLT0/Tcl72JSwjgI/AAAAAAAAaK4/Q2jCFiVhBAw/s400/Untitled-1.gif

Up against the No.1 team in the league and the conference’s defending champion, Barangay Ginebra’s energy is often the key to pulling off an upset win. And the Kings got just that from the team’s epitome when it comes to energy – Rudy Hatfield.

The 34-year-old Hatfield provided the energy and came up with a career game in powering Barangay Ginebra to a hard-earned 94-91 overtime triumph in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum on Sunday night.

Playing in front of a huge crowd of 13,515, Hatfield dished out his best performance ever, taking centerstage just when his team needed it most and finishing with a career-high 30 points which came on top of 14 rebounds.

Hatfield’s biggest game came 12 years since establishing his previous career best of 29 points which he produced while still a rookie with Tanduay in the 2000 Commissioner’s Cup in a game against the Sta. Lucia Realtors.

The Kings rode on their aging veteran’s broad shoulders and the H-Bomb responded with 13 points in the fourth quarter, including his team’s last five points in regulation.

Ranidel de Ocampo scored on a putback off his own miss to put the game into overtime, but Hatfield along with Willie Wilson conspired in the Kings’ seven points in the extra period to shove their team to their fourth win in seven games.

Barangay Ginebra, which bounced back after back-to-back losses to Meralco and B-Meg, is now tied with the Powerade Tigers for third to fourth places in the team standings.

“It’s good that we won. Anybody could beat anybody in this league,” said Barangay Ginebra head coach Siot Tanquingcen, his right hand heavily bandaged after injuring it recently. “That’s what we’re looking for, energy, not only from Rudy, but the entire team. We were able to get that energy from the entire team.”

Hatfield’s energy rubbed off on the entire team. He had two offensive rebounds in the closing seconds of the extra period that all but sealed the win for the Gin Kings.

The loss was only the second in five games for Talk ‘N Text, which dropped to a share of the lead with idle B-Meg with two games to go in the single round-robin eliminations.

The Kings won the game despite having an atrocious shooting from the foul line. They shot 13-of-29 from the free throw area (44.8%), with 12 of the 16 missed free throws coming from import Jackson Vroman, who had a miserable 1-of-12 performance.

“That’s also a big concern of mine,” said Tanquingcen, referring to Vroman’s poor free throw shooting. “When he came in, he wasn’t shooting that bad. In China, he was a 65% shooter and he’s shooting not as bad right now. I think it’s more mental. It’s hard to survive a game with him missing those free throws. He’s working on it naman sa ensayo, kasama si (assistant) coach Allan (Caidic) and he was making those shots consistently. It’s hard to explain, why he shoots that bad now, it’s a mystery for us.

The Tropang Texters, who were outrebounded 61-49 and shot just 36% from the field compared to Barangay Ginebra’s 46%, lost despite having six players scoring in double figures led by the 23 of Ranidel de Ocampo. (RJ)

The scores:

Barangay Ginebra 94 – Hatfield 30, Vroman 24, Cortez 11, Caguioa 10, Wilson 6, Helterbrand 5, Wilson, J. 2, Ababou 2, Villanueva 2, Raymundo 2, Labagala 0.

Talk N Text 91 – De Ocampo 23, Harvey 15, Castro 12, Fonacier 11, Dillinger 10, Alapag 10, Williams 6, Carey 3, Aguilar 1, Reyes 0.

Quarterscores: 19-23; 43-45; 69-71; 87-87; 94-91.

hatfield was intensity personified. lahat yata ng players nahawa ni hatfield, pati si w. wilson. except for his woeful FTs vroman made a good account of himself. a near triple double for ginebra's import. and that crucial block during the dying seconds when jason castro was sprinting for a fastbreak lay-up was big time. talagang hinabol ni vroman.

with a 4-3 record and its last 2 games against air 21 and barako i believe we'll see ginebra in the next round. wag lang pong magkukumpiyansa.

Career-high 30 from H-Bomb lifts Ginebra past Talk 'n Text in OT

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--N8hoyStLT0/Tcl72JSwjgI/AAAAAAAAaK4/Q2jCFiVhBAw/s400/Untitled-1.gif

Up against the No.1 team in the league and the conference's defending champion, Barangay Ginebra's energy is often the key to pulling off an upset win. And the Kings got just that from the team's epitome when it comes to energy – Rudy Hatfield.

The 34-year-old Hatfield provided the energy and came up with a career game in powering Barangay Ginebra to a hard-earned 94-91 overtime triumph in the PBA Commissioner's Cup at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum on Sunday night.

Playing in front of a huge crowd of 13,515, Hatfield dished out his best performance ever, taking centerstage just when his team needed it most and finishing with a career-high 30 points which came on top of 14 rebounds.

Hatfield's biggest game came 12 years since establishing his previous career best of 29 points which he produced while still a rookie with Tanduay in the 2000 Commissioner's Cup in a game against the Sta. Lucia Realtors.

The Kings rode on their aging veteran's broad shoulders and the H-Bomb responded with 13 points in the fourth quarter, including his team's last five points in regulation.

Ranidel de Ocampo scored on a putback off his own miss to put the game into overtime, but Hatfield along with Willie Wilson conspired in the Kings' seven points in the extra period to shove their team to their fourth win in seven games.

Barangay Ginebra, which bounced back after back-to-back losses to Meralco and B-Meg, is now tied with the Powerade Tigers for third to fourth places in the team standings.

"It's good that we won. Anybody could beat anybody in this league," said Barangay Ginebra head coach Siot Tanquingcen, his right hand heavily bandaged after injuring it recently. "That's what we're looking for, energy, not only from Rudy, but the entire team. We were able to get that energy from the entire team."

Hatfield's energy rubbed off on the entire team. He had two offensive rebounds in the closing seconds of the extra period that all but sealed the win for the Gin Kings.

The loss was only the second in five games for Talk 'N Text, which dropped to a share of the lead with idle B-Meg with two games to go in the single round-robin eliminations.

The Kings won the game despite having an atrocious shooting from the foul line. They shot 13-of-29 from the free throw area (44.8%), with 12 of the 16 missed free throws coming from import Jackson Vroman, who had a miserable 1-of-12 performance.

"That's also a big concern of mine," said Tanquingcen, referring to Vroman's poor free throw shooting. "When he came in, he wasn't shooting that bad. In China, he was a 65% shooter and he's shooting not as bad right now. I think it's more mental. It's hard to survive a game with him missing those free throws. He's working on it naman sa ensayo, kasama si (assistant) coach Allan (Caidic) and he was making those shots consistently. It's hard to explain, why he shoots that bad now, it's a mystery for us.

The Tropang Texters, who were outrebounded 61-49 and shot just 36% from the field compared to Barangay Ginebra's 46%, lost despite having six players scoring in double figures led by the 23 of Ranidel de Ocampo. (RJ)

The scores:

Barangay Ginebra 94 – Hatfield 30, Vroman 24, Cortez 11, Caguioa 10, Wilson 6, Helterbrand 5, Wilson, J. 2, Ababou 2, Villanueva 2, Raymundo 2, Labagala 0.

Talk N Text 91 – De Ocampo 23, Harvey 15, Castro 12, Fonacier 11, Dillinger 10, Alapag 10, Williams 6, Carey 3, Aguilar 1, Reyes 0.

Quarterscores: 19-23; 43-45; 69-71; 87-87; 94-91.

Starting guard Lagabala is ZERO. Nge!!!

lupit ng laro kanina..muntik na ako atakihin ...thankfully hatfield really contributed well...and vroman did well...un nga lang sama ng freethrow nia...but again hopefully ginebra will do best for the remaining of 2 games for the elimination round...I'll stick to vroman although sama tlaga ng freethrow nia..but hopefully maging ok na lahat sa next game...so again congrats and wish the team to win on their next game...

Tama po yun. Lagi na lang bangko yan. Eh laking asset pa naman as Top Pick. dapat BGK na lang sya.

During his stint with Toroman, talagang binibigyan ng playing time yung tao. Remember his father, Peter, was a former Anejo/Ginebra player during the 90s. Si Japeth ang style niya ala Cris Bosch ng Miami. Sayang lang kasi at nabubulok lang sa sistema ni Walkout. It was after my uneventful and forgettable term sa PBA :lol: pumasok na yang batch nina Peter.

lupit ng laro kanina..muntik na ako atakihin ...thankfully hatfield really contributed well...and vroman did well...un nga lang sama ng freethrow nia...but again hopefully ginebra will do best for the remaining of 2 games for the elimination round...I'll stick to vroman although sama tlaga ng freethrow nia..but hopefully maging ok na lahat sa next game...so again congrats and wish the team to win on their next game...

Ang daming beses na muntik akong ma stroke kanina. :lol: Yung foul ni Cool Cat sa last second ng regulation na halos iyakan ni JayJay, yung dalawang airball na free throw ni Vroman.

Kudos to Hatfield for a monster game, reminiscent of the old Hatfield ang nilaro n'ya, scoring, rebounding, defending against a much agile de ocampo, in sum his hustle helped a lot in that victory. Tweet n'yo na si Hatfield for that monster game hehe

my take on vroman? if he could just focus on playing the game and less arguments with the refs, he could be a real factor for the team! noticed his assists on his local teammates, especially on hatfield? maganda rotation ng bola.

but on a tight game i would not give the ball to him. last time i heard from the commentators earlier he was 1/10 FT.

Vroman did it well tonight. Hope he can continue the trend

Vroman provided the much needed scoring noong first half, I also think that he did well, well except sa FT's, imagine making only 1 of 11, kita nga na pag binibigay sa kanya ang bola parang napapaso s'ya dahil naghahanap na agad s'ya ng mapapasahan, maski off a defensive rebound hagis kaagad s'ya sa team mates n'ya na minsan 'di inaasahan ang pasa. He made 8 assists though and with him feeling the ball as a hot potato he managed to let his team mates do the scoring sa end game. Also, he defended well against the import of tnt and also provided help defense.

Big game by H-Bomb but Vroman should improve on his free throws, otherwise, teams might resort to "Hack a Jax" during cardiac games.

Agree, dapat talaga more practice sa FT's si Vroman, complete player si Vroman, si chot reyes mismo bilib sa kanya, 'yung nga lang me chinks pala sa armor n'ya at FT's 'yun, medyo it makes you think, paano kung crucial ang FT's o kaya naman nasa penalty na ang kalaban 'di hindi s'ya maaasahan sa scoring dahil ipa foul na agad s'ya ng kalaban. Kumbaga magre-resort ang kalaban sa "hack-a-jax"....

Edited by Agent_mulder