Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Pero pwede pa ring pang trade bait si Cyrus for a young power forward. May mag team pa rin naman na loaded sa forward position pero mababaw sa guard position. For example sa Coke.... Cyrus for Larry Rodriguez - ano sa palagay nyo?.....

prang ndi patas ung deal.

lugi ung BGK!

si sunday pwde p pra ky rodriguez!

un fair enough!!!

this deal will never materialize...i don't think ginebra management will even think of it to begin with.

Guest megalodon

and if they want to go a bit bigger, jong can put in JC in place of cyrus :thumbsupsmiley:

Yupyup dude. I like Ginebra's chances this conference. Let's just hope they get a good import.

Yupyup dude. I like Ginebra's chances this conference. Let's just hope they get a good import.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed on that chief. it's been awhile since the kings lifted a trophy. we'll surely be able to size-up mr. storey come the first game. if he turns out to be a dud then pauwiin kaagad. :thumbsupsmiley:

Some are being sentimental on Cyrus. Yes he is a good player but if our guards are all healthy we'll be having an overload of players playing the same position. Mark, ronald, junthy & cyrus all are SGs. remember that Cyrus came to the kings when Junthy was out. But if indeed Junthy is already practicing, and there are takers for cyrus, it might be more prudent to trade him in order to get a player they would need.

Sunday to be traded instead of Cyrus makes sense as the latter is much better. The problem is, are there takers? Will the Kings the player they need/want for Sunday? If it will, then by all means GO for it.

Guest megalodon

i'm keeping my fingers crossed on that chief. it's been awhile since the kings lifted a trophy. we'll surely be able to size-up mr. storey come the first game. if he turns out to be a dud then pauwiin kaagad. :thumbsupsmiley:

I like Ginebra's chances this conference. I wonder if H-Bomb would guarantee another championship. The last time he guaranteed, Ginebra won over TNT.

Rudy Hatfield will be making a comeback this conference and Uichico has to drop one player from his current roster to accommodate the do-it-all forward. Names of Eric Menk, Billy Mamaril, Willie Wilson, Sunday Salvacion, newly acquired 6-4 John Ferriols/6-8 Yancy de Ocampo and JC Intal were on the list to be his placed on the reserve list. But I was wondering why JC Intal or Willy Wilson were included where in fact these guys performed well above expectations last conference. If one of these players would be placed on the reserve list, other teams will have the opportunity to enlist this player as Unrestricted Free Agent with Rights to Salary. Jong must be thinking of match up issues with other teams considering that it's an import faced conference.

:goatee:

Just a devils advocate...if it would be Ferriols, then why bother to pick him up from the reserve list in the first place???

When you put someone in the unrestricted reserve pool that means any team can get him. Moreso, it only means that his services may not be on the priority of what your team currently needs. Therefore, why spend for something you won't utilize?

Rudy Hatfield will be making a comeback this conference and Uichico has to drop one player from his current roster to accommodate the do-it-all forward. Names of Eric Menk, Billy Mamaril, Willie Wilson, Sunday Salvacion, newly acquired 6-4 John Ferriols/6-8 Yancy de Ocampo and JC Intal were on the list to be his placed on the reserve list. But I was wondering why JC Intal or Willy Wilson were included where in fact these guys performed well above expectations last conference. If one of these players would be placed on the reserve list, other teams will have the opportunity to enlist this player as Unrestricted Free Agent with Rights to Salary. Jong must be thinking of match up issues with other teams considering that it's an import faced conference.

:goatee:

hindi naman siguro ilalagay ni coach jong si intal. binanggit niya lang lahat ng forward niya dahil forward ang position ni hatfield. ibig sabihin isa sa mga forward ang ilalagay niya sa reserve list.

as for wilson, siya ang malamang na mailagay kasi halos pareho sila ni hatfield ng laro.. hustle kung baga. mas maliit nga lang si wilson.

Just a devils advocate...if it would be Ferriols, then why bother to pick him up from the reserve list in the first place???

When you put someone in the unrestricted reserve pool that means any team can get him. Moreso, it only means that his services may not be on the priority of what your team currently needs. Therefore, why spend for something you won't utilize?

maybe they will use him as a reserve replacement whoever gets injured in the big men of ginebra squad,its better to have a reserve rather than looking if theres an injured one already, and if thats the case malamang hindi na available si ferriols, may mga team din na maliit ang line up kasi sure they need ferriols also.

hindi naman siguro ilalagay ni coach jong si intal. binanggit niya lang lahat ng forward niya dahil forward ang position ni hatfield. ibig sabihin isa sa mga forward ang ilalagay niya sa reserve list.

as for wilson, siya ang malamang na mailagay kasi halos pareho sila ni hatfield ng laro.. hustle kung baga. mas maliit nga lang si wilson.

Malamang si Wilson ang mailagay sa reserve list. Sayang lang kung may ibang team na kukuha sa kanya by being in the reserved list, he might be giving away some on height but he definitely more than makes-up for it with hard work. Nakita din naman natin at syempre ng ibang teams ang performance n'ya last conference, hussling, getting rebounds, defending against much bigger guys and at time even scoring.....

Malamang nga pero sayang kung may ibang team/s na magka-interest sa kanya and eventually sign him.

It will be a stupid move if Wilson will be put into reserve list. Ang sipag nuong tao, buo ang loob, unlike ibang players ng Ginebra na puro long shots lang ginagawa. Ferriols would be a better candidate for reserve. Baka nabibigla lang ang Ginebra pero per my spy, Hatfield now is a different player (negative) than what we saw him perform during Ginebra's championship games. Bumagal at parang kulang na sa drive. Hope its not true.

It will be a stupid move if Wilson will be put into reserve list. Ang sipag nuong tao, buo ang loob, unlike ibang players ng Ginebra na puro long shots lang ginagawa. Ferriols would be a better candidate for reserve. Baka nabibigla lang ang Ginebra pero per my spy, Hatfield now is a different player (negative) than what we saw him perform during Ginebra's championship games. Bumagal at parang kulang na sa drive. Hope its not true.

hope s wrong, letsgive him time first, ilang years din sya nawala sa basketball

Malamang si Wilson ang mailagay sa reserve list. Sayang lang kung may ibang team na kukuha sa kanya by being in the reserved list, he might be giving away some on height but he definitely more than makes-up for it with hard work. Nakita din naman natin at syempre ng ibang teams ang performance n'ya last conference, hussling, getting rebounds, defending against much bigger guys and at time even scoring.....

Malamang nga pero sayang kung may ibang team/s na magka-interest sa kanya and eventually sign him.

yun lang ang problem pag nilagay siya sa reserve sigurado may mga team na magkakainteres. pero nasa kanya yun kung magssign siya sa ibang team. tutal may sweldo naman siya kahit reserve siya. baka kausapin siya ni coach jong na hangang may mainjured or next all filipino reactivated uli siya.

after all, sino bang pba player ang ayaw maging kabarangay?? LAGI KANG BIDA SA MATA NG MGA FANS.... :thumbsupsmiley: