Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

*another disappointing game for storey.. na-fouled out pa. <_<

*as for hatfield, nice defense kay freeman, though wala pang offense. ^_^

*as for ginebra, bad coaching decision by uichico. pilit niyang binababad si tubid kahit malas at nagkakalat na, samantalang maganda naman laro ni baguio (siya pa ang nagbalik sa ginebra sa game nung natambakan sila.) :angry:

*overall, sorry loss for ginebra. :thumbsdownsmiley:

also helterbrand is having a bad game that time, mainit ang combination ni celino at cyrus pero stick pa din sya sa iba, ganda din nung sabay si cyrus at caguiao kaso di pinagtagal

oo nga! prang mei amnesia tlaga si Jong!

pag mainit binabangko!

tlaga nman oh! GRABE ANG GALING! -_-

I totally agree as well...since proving to all non-believers that he's indeed a national player and not just a flashy show time player parang udlot and development ni skyrus. una tinapon ni coach yeng (ironically the coach who included him in the RP team), tapos parang konti lang minutes niya on the floor dito sa ginebra(dahil overload marahil sa 2 at 3)

I notice that everytime ibabalik siya sa bench parang may panghihinayang sa mukha niya...

Just my opinion 'though....

also helterbrand is having a bad game that time, mainit ang combination ni celino at cyrus pero stick pa din sya sa iba, ganda din nung sabay si cyrus at caguiao kaso di pinagtagal

yah, i agree.. mas maganda pa ung play nung nasa loob si cyrus at celino. yun ung time na nakahabol sila. kaso binalik sila sa bench at di na ipinasok uli..

Di ba talaga puwedeng i trade ang coach?

wag na trade, ibalik nalang siya sa smb tapos kumuha ang bgk ang underrated but effective coach. yung mga nagexcel sa amateur leagues or mga magagaling na assistant coach.

I totally agree as well...since proving to all non-believers that he's indeed a national player and not just a flashy show time player parang udlot and development ni skyrus. una tinapon ni coach yeng (ironically the coach who included him in the RP team), tapos parang konti lang minutes niya on the floor dito sa ginebra(dahil overload marahil sa 2 at 3)

I notice that everytime ibabalik siya sa bench parang may panghihinayang sa mukha niya...

Just my opinion 'though....

kahit maraming player at same (2 at 3) positions, kung mas maganda naman ang laro nang isang player dapat siya ang ginagamit. kaso kay coach jong, kahit magkalat na mga favorite players niya sila parin nasa loob. isang error lang ni cyrus kahit maganda ang laro, balik sa bench.

rumors that storey will be replaced after all star break. 2 players are being considered, one is porter.

Guest megalodon

Speaking of trading for a new coach, what about bringing back the man responsible for Ginebra's popularity? :rolleyes:

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon

PWEDE!!! i agree with this one... kung kinonsider ni jawo ang air21 noon para magcoach, why not sa dati niyang team dba?

Yup. I mean with Jawo at the helm and with Ginebra's current line-up, I believe Ginebra could win it all.

kahit maraming player at same (2 at 3) positions, kung mas maganda naman ang laro nang isang player dapat siya ang ginagamit. kaso kay coach jong, kahit magkalat na mga favorite players niya sila parin nasa loob. isang error lang ni cyrus kahit maganda ang laro, balik sa bench.

mas pinapaboran talaga ni jong yung mga favs players niya.... kesa magtampo sa kanya yung mga original players ng GINEBRA, sige pasok sa loob, di bale ng matalo at magkalat sa court...hehehe....

yan ang mahirap sa star studded na lineup, hindi mo alam kung sino ang ipapasok....pero mas mahirap pag may coach kang bugok, alam mo ng malas at nagkakalat yung player mo yun pa ang pinapasok sa court at yung gumagawa yun ang inilalabas ,,,,bwahahahaha wtf....

hindi na players ang problema sa BGK...coach na talaga...

Naku, kung si Jawo ang babalik sa Ginebra, parang na imagine ko ang ingay ingay na naman at super kawawa ang mga kalaban. Iba kasi style ni Jawo, may crowd appeal (pati pagmumura hahaha). May acting, may fire-in-his-eyes. tapos assistant niya si Francis Arnaiz at Ompong Segura. Tyak walang tigil na takbuhan sa court. Sina Caguioa at Jayjay ang style nila ni Francis Arnaiz nuon. Kaya lang tumatanda na yung fast and furious natin. Better look for someone in their mold. Jong is making the team look like pathetic na hindi naman. Pati nga fans, nadidismaya at nawawala ang cheering kapag di na pinapasok ni Jong yung mga exciting players.

Ginebra has a new import by the name of Mildon Ambres anyone heard of this guy ?

From Philstar's sports news:

Derby Ace, Ginebra sign new imports

By Nelson Beltran (The Philippine Star) Updated April 26, 2010 12:00 AM

PUERTO PRINCESA, Philippines – B-MEG Derby Ace and Barangay Ginebra are two teams returning from the PBA All-Star break with new imports in tow.

The Llamados have signed Cliff Brown to take over from Lorenzo Wade while the Kings took in Mildon Ambres to replace Awvee Storey.

Brown, teammate of Jai Lewis with the Toyota Alvark in the Japanese league, is already in town, joining the Llamados in practice in Manila yesterday, according to team manager Alvin Patrimonio.

Wade has been put on the injured list, thus, he can be reactivated anytime the team wishes to.

Brown, 25, is listed as a 6-foot-7 power forward, who’s veteran of the European league.

Ambres is also 25, fresh from a stint with the Idaho Stampede in the NBA Developmental League.

The Kings and the Llamados are tied with the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters at fourth place with identical 3-2 win-loss cards.

San Miguel leads the tourney with a 5-1 record, followed by Talk n Text at 5-2 and Coca-Cola at 4-3.

Mildon Ambres of Idaho Stampede Named Most Improved Player

DateFriday, April 16, 2010 at 05:31AM

NEW YORK, April 15, 2009 – Idaho Stampede guard Mildon Ambres was today named the 2009-10 NBA Development League’s Most Improved Player, as voted on by the 16 NBA D-League coaches. The award honors a player who demonstrated the most significant improvement on the court during the course of the year.

"I'm extremely happy for Mildon as he earns this well deserved award," said Stampede head coach Bob MacKinnon. "Being honored as the most improved player in a league that is all about development is such a great tribute to how hard Mildon worked and the dedication of the coaching staff this past season."

Ambres, one of two members of the Stampede to play in all 50 of the team’s games, earned 30 starts and averaged 14.5 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 28.9 minutes. He scored in double figures 38 times, including a season-high 32 points in a 165-153 overtime victory over the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on March 31 in Boise. Ambres helped the Stampede to a 25-25 record on the season.

“Mildon demonstrated an unwavering commitment to his craft, working hard every night to improve all aspects of his game," said Chris Alpert, Vice President of Basketball Operations for the NBA D-League. "His dedication to improving his skills is directly in line with the NBA D-League's core mission of developing the top basketball prospects in the world and I congratulate Mildon on his impressive accomplishment."

Ambres becomes the first NBA D-League player to earn the honor.

Dean Henson's Report on his 'Sporting Chance'

Uichico’s gamble is Ambres will play with the same intensity he displayed in the D-League.

The downside is Ambres had a so-so varsity career. After averaging 21.2 points and 14 rebounds as a senior at Opelousas High School in 2001-02, Ambres joined the Louisiana State University varsity but couldn’t crack the lineup. He wound up sitting out two seasons before gaining eligibility at Southern Mississippi in 2004-05, averaging 7.7 points. In 2005-06, Ambres averaged 6.4 points in 31 games with the Golden Eagles then transferred to Southern Nazarene in the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics).

At Southern Nazarene, Ambres finally hit his stride, averaging 15.2 points and 8.2 rebounds. He led the varsity to the Sooners Athletic Conference title, firing 24 points in Southern Nazarene’s 82-68 win over Northwestern Oklahoma State.

Ambres played for CSU Caudripol Brasov in Romania, averaging 18.1 points and 8.5 rebounds in 26 games in 2007-08 then suited up in the D-League.

rumors inside ginebra camp.. hinahanapan na uli ng trade si yancy de ocampo.

I also heard this rumor. Sabi ko nga sa early posts ko, wag maging masaya sa pagpasok ni Yancy. Mahinang player siya for his height. sayang ang laki niya. What we need is an exciting player. Si taulava nga, although matanda na, may lakas and may sigla pa. kung minsan parang leader ng cheering squad kapag nasa bench.