Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Excellent trade. :thumbsupsmiley: Baka si Yancy yung sinasabi hindi si Japeth. Hehe.

Agree sayang lang kasi ang spot ni alvarez sa Ginebra kung naka-upo lang s'ya lagi. Now me legit center na sila, if only Yancy would concentrate more on playing inside rather than taking those outside or 3-point shots. It would ease the burden on Menk and Mamaril who plays the center spot as they now can switched to the power forward.

Guest megalodon
Agree sayang lang kasi ang spot ni alvarez sa Ginebra kung naka-upo lang s'ya lagi. Now me legit center na sila, if only Yancy would concentrate more on playing inside rather than taking those outside or 3-point shots. It would ease the burden on Menk and Mamaril who plays the center spot as they now can switched to the power forward.

Dapat si Rico itrade na din ng Ginebra. <_<

me isa pa pong trade in the loom e, yung 2 on 2 Trade.........

player with the patented move + Filam

for

players who amazes with hangtime + college standout

is the most probable scenario now but again, they have not finalized anything yet and are having a hard time coming to an agreement.

with Alvarez already out of the picture and Ren ren Ritualo out of TNT (3 point gunner), i hope it's mac-mac and Harvey for Cyrus and Sunday (college standout, with the departure of Ritualo they need a gunner).....

Another trade that is not final yet but could be finalized in a day or two is the Ginebra Air 21 trade. The just traded Yancy DeOcampo is on the move again and will be headed to Ginebra for Doug Kramer (and other things like draft picks and ..... other things) if the deal pushes through. I asked Coach Jong Uichico if this is an addition that he's been waiting for, he simply said that this is "just a piece of the puzzle" and "it may not happen at all". He added that they're still looking for a "point guard and a 3 man".

hmmmmm... Hula lang po huh,,,, according to jong, he needs a PG and a #3,..... I think mac-mc will be shipped to air 21 for Cabagnot and (?player) if the 2 on 2 trade push through since even at the end of elims, Cabagnot is said to be traded again....

Dapat si Rico itrade na din ng Ginebra. <_<

'Di na nga s'ya 'yung old Villanieva noong time na nasa red bull pa s'ya pero ok naman s'ya, with the acquisition of Yancy I think that he'd be more comfortable sa power forward slot, sayang din kasi si Rico lalo na at may edad na din si Menk (at maging si Mamaril)..

me isa pa pong trade in the loom e, yung 2 on 2 Trade.........

with Alvarez already out of the picture and Ren ren Ritualo out of TNT (3 point gunner), i hope it's mac-mac and Harvey for Cyrus and Sunday (college standout, with the departure of Ritualo they need a gunner).....

hmmmmm... Hula lang po huh,,,, according to jong, he needs a PG and a #3,..... I think mac-mc will be shipped to air 21 for Cabagnot and (?player) if the 2 on 2 trade push through since even at the end of elims, Cabagnot is said to be traded again....

So we should expect more trades in the coming days or weeks, I hope that somehow Ginebra would make the right decision at makuha nila ang mga players that they really need..

[hmmmmm... Hula lang po huh,,,, according to jong, he needs a PG and a #3,..... I think mac-mc will be shipped to air 21 for Cabagnot and (?player) if the 2 on 2 trade push through since even at the end of elims, Cabagnot is said to be traded again....

I heard that Cabagnot will be traded to SMB in exchange for Mike Cortez.....

[hmmmmm... Hula lang po huh,,,, according to jong, he needs a PG and a #3,..... I think mac-mc will be shipped to air 21 for Cabagnot and (?player) if the 2 on 2 trade push through since even at the end of elims, Cabagnot is said to be traded again....

I heard that Cabagnot will be traded to SMB in exchange for Mike Cortez.....

sa SMB n nga yata si Alex Cabagnot....

Edited by bizquit22

just heard to nbn sports recently...cabagnot was traded to san miguel in exchange for mike cortez....pero dahil puno na ng point guard ang san miguel...me niluluto ngaun trade between ginebra and san miguel..need lng nila ng isa pang team para matuloy ang trade kasi sister team sila...si cabagnot will definitely land to ginebra..hidi pa alam kung sino ang hihingin ng san miguel...within this week daw...

just sharing...

hahaha, hay naku mga ka barangay. meron nga tayong 6'9" na Yancy BUT he is not a real center. He is a big forward para sa akin. He does not rebound well, puro labas ang position (just like Pinnisi). Dont rejoice early! What Ginebra got is a raw deal. What we need is a Rafy Reeves type of center. Hindi naman din accurate sa shooting si Yancy. Matangkad nga lang. Well, kung si Jawo siguro ang coach natin, mapipiga si Yancy to give his all. Rico is of big help pa rin naman.

Guest megalodon
'Di na nga s'ya 'yung old Villanieva noong time na nasa red bull pa s'ya pero ok naman s'ya, with the acquisition of Yancy I think that he'd be more comfortable sa power forward slot, sayang din kasi si Rico lalo na at may edad na din si Menk (at maging si Mamaril)..

So we should expect more trades in the coming days or weeks, I hope that somehow Ginebra would make the right decision at makuha nila ang mga players that they really need..

With the second coming of H-Bomb, Rico is expendable. Yancy will extend the defense with his outside sniping which would open the lane for Menk to operate on.

according to snow badua of nbn sports.. gusto daw kunin uli ng coke si cabagnot and willing sila maging conduit team sa trade ng ginebra-smb..

kung gusto nila si cabagnot, mas ok na mapunta sa ginebra si ross and lanete.. atleast si ross pg talaga laro di tulad ni cabagnot na ball hog.

just my opinion.. :thumbsupsmiley:

With the second coming of H-Bomb, Rico is expendable. Yancy will extend the defense with his outside sniping which would open the lane for Menk to operate on.

Problem with Yancy is that his outside shots are way below average. Mas maraming mintis kaysa pasok. Am not that enthusiastic sa pagdating ni Yancy sa Ginebra (sana prove akong mali). Mas gusto ko ang work ethics and athleticism ni Reeves.We really need a center like Peek or Harvey Carrey (a power forward who's a rebounding demon) not the height of yancy who's in the bottom of standings when it comes to rebounds. Dapag talaga maghanap na ng magaling na mga sentro with the impending retirement of Menk as a result of recurring injuries. Ok pa naman si Villanueva. Sana gayahin niya ang intensity ni Pingris. By that, the center position of Ginebra will be solid.

Guest megalodon

hahaha other half of the R&R chief? honestly, ginebra gained something with the rich-yancy trade. with yancy, the kings got someone to man the middle. menk could slide down to power forward.

Haha! Yup dude. The only Atenista that contributed to Ginebra is JC Intal. With H-Bomb, the Kings can also opt for a quick line-up with Menk or Yancy at center, H-Bomb at power forward, JC at small forward and of course the Fast and Furious.

according to snow badua of nbn sports.. gusto daw kunin uli ng coke si cabagnot and willing sila maging conduit team sa trade ng ginebra-smb..

kung gusto nila si cabagnot, mas ok na mapunta sa ginebra si ross and lanete.. atleast si ross pg talaga laro di tulad ni cabagnot na ball hog.

Opinion lang po, kung sa akin lang ayoko mapunta sa ginebra either cabagnot or ross. they both don't fit the Ginebra style of play... If indeed they need a piontguard, mas ok pa si Topex Robinson. Asan na kaya ang mamang yun?....

hahaha, hay naku mga ka barangay. meron nga tayong 6'9" na Yancy BUT he is not a real center. He is a big forward para sa akin. He does not rebound well, puro labas ang position (just like Pinnisi). Dont rejoice early! What Ginebra got is a raw deal. What we need is a Rafy Reeves type of center. Hindi naman din accurate sa shooting si Yancy. Matangkad nga lang. Well, kung si Jawo siguro ang coach natin, mapipiga si Yancy to give his all. Rico is of big help pa rin naman.

Marlou Aquino II nga daw si yancy accoring sa isang room dito sa sports thread at isa sa most hated players ko hehe, I just hope that he can concentrate inside rather than taking those outside shots..

utang na loob wag si cabagnot..ball hog yan eh

Me Helterbrand at Caguiao na, tama na 'yun :goatee:

Hatfield is probably good for maybe 4 to 5 years of playing basketball (it all depends on his physical condition) so mabuti na din 'yung andyan si Rico para meron namang mga young legs na big men ang Ginebra, I think that they should also developed Bugia, masipag din s'ya sa ilalim..

Problem with Yancy is that his outside shots are way below average. Mas maraming mintis kaysa pasok. Am not that enthusiastic sa pagdating ni Yancy sa Ginebra (sana prove akong mali). Mas gusto ko ang work ethics and athleticism ni Reeves.We really need a center like Peek or Harvey Carrey (a power forward who's a rebounding demon) not the height of yancy who's in the bottom of standings when it comes to rebounds. Dapag talaga maghanap na ng magaling na mga sentro with the impending retirement of Menk as a result of recurring injuries. Ok pa naman si Villanueva. Sana gayahin niya ang intensity ni Pingris. By that, the center position of Ginebra will be solid.

Malakas lang talaga ang tsamba minsan ni yancy sa rainbow country..

Guest megalodon
Marlou Aquino II nga daw si yancy accoring sa isang room dito sa sports thread at isa sa most hated players ko hehe, I just hope that he can concentrate inside rather than taking those outside shots..

This is just my take. Yancy is a small forward in a center's body. Marlou is really a true center since he's a rebounder and shot-blocker. I hope Jong could motivate him to be a rebounder and shot-blocker instead of a shooter.

This is just my take. Yancy is a small forward in a center's body. Marlou is really a true center since he's a rebounder and shot-blocker. I hope Jong could motivate him to be a rebounder and shot-blocker instead of a shooter.

I see the comparison and the difference though I think that Yancy earned that monicker mainly due to his work ethic or lack of it which is comprable to that of Aquino na tamad..

Haha! Yup dude. The only Atenista that contributed to Ginebra is JC Intal. With H-Bomb, the Kings can also opt for a quick line-up with Menk or Yancy at center, H-Bomb at power forward, JC at small forward and of course the Fast and Furious.

agree on this chief :thumbsupsmiley:

btw heard from snow badua awhile ago that the kings' import reportedly was a dud in their tune-up against rain or shine. hope he still has something to bring out.