Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

the only way BGK can qualify for the outright semis is for them to win their last game. BK and ROS have better differentials against BGK if they're tied at 8-6.

I think you got it wrong:

This is from Battle of Survival from PBA's homepage before last night's games (hey, for once the homepage served its purpose!):

The Kings are aiming to go 2-0 in their own last two matches to land at No. 2 and earn the second automatic semis seat along with early qualifier San Miguel Beer.

The defending champions could even afford to lose one game and still play off for the No. 2 slot if Talk N Text loses to Alaska in the nightcap.

The BGK if it ends at 8-6 will have a playoffs with RoS. But let's hope it would not come to that. :)

Just a quick scanning at the results, BGK I think should have a higher quotient than BK since they beat them by 6 points, 100-94 in their second game, and lost by 4 points to them in their first game, 106-110. I don't know if that's the determining factor.

So the ranking if the four teams would have tied at 8-6 would have been:

2) RoS

3) TnT

4) BGK

5) BK

Since TnT finished at 7-7, BGK is now assured of a playoffs for that 2nd automatic semifinals slot.

This is just my interpretation reading between the lines (see previous post's article). Anybody could confirm this?

Sabi nga sa isang newspaper ngayong umaga it is a case of Ginerba playing so well and coke playing so bad though i think that they defense (esp. on asi and penny) as a whole did them well. Sayang nanalo pa ang alaska, tanga naman kasi itong tnt lamang na natalo pa (o baka naman nagpatalo talaga). It's going to be a war between Ginebra and alaska tomorrow....

Just a quick scanning at the results, BGK I think should have a higher quotient than BK since they beat them by 6 points, 100-94 in their second game, and lost by 4 points to them in their first game, 106-110. I don't know if that's the determining factor.

So the ranking if the four teams would have tied at 8-6 would have been:

2) RoS

3) TnT

4) BGK

5) BK

Since TnT finished at 7-7, BGK is now assured of a playoffs for that 2nd automatic semifinals slot.

This is just my interpretation reading between the lines (see previous post's article). Anybody could confirm this?

yan din ang naiisip kong scenario since natalo ang TNT.. pareho naman kasi natalo ng BGK ang RoS at BK, dba? saka, twice din kinalaban ng BGK ung RoS at BK, tapos once lang naglaban ung RoS at BK where the former won..

anyway, sana manalo na lang sila sa Friday para iwas na sa knockout game for the last semis seat..

Mga Sir baka naman pwedeng may mag-provide ng comprehensive player by player assessment ng ating team like kung ano contributions niya sa team kung bakit may winning streak tayo... turnings point baga...

saka sa coaching staff na rin...

...ayos sa request aahh! Meron ba work sa PBA dito parang walang trabaho kung magrequest ahhh! :goatee:

Ito ang results ng games between BGK, ROS and BK:

BGK vs. ROS: 93-107, 94-89

BGK vs. BK: 106-110, 100-94

BK vs. ROS: 114-118

Differential:

ROS +13

BK -6

BGK -7

At saka, ano bah wala nang TNT. PF na kalaban nila sa WC :evil:

Apparently, you are wrong again.

This is from Joaquin Henson:

If Ginebra wins tonight, it advances straight to the semis. The long rest will also mean healing time for Sunday Salvacion (reactivated last Wednesday after sitting out nine games) and Junthy Valenzuela who hasn’t played at all this conference. It’s not likely Valenzuela will be healthy enough to be reactivated for the playoffs.

If Ginebra loses, the Kings will drop to 8-6 and tie Rain Or Shine and Burger King for second place. The tiebreak system will relegate the Whoppers to No. 4 because of a minus-8 point differential. Rain Or Shine (plus-15) and Ginebra (minus-7) will then play off for the second semis slot.

Henson's 2009-05-22 Article

That means my previous assumption was correct. BGK's quotient is higher than BK.

Re: TnT. Read my post again. I said IF there were a 4-team log jam at 2nd place, RoS and TnT will have a playoffs and BGK and BK will go to the harder route. Besides, I have a rejoinder there : "Since TnT finished at 7-7, BGK is now assured of a playoffs for that 2nd automatic semifinals slot."

Anyway. I think this playoffs thing will become moot when BGK beats Alaska tonight :D

Edited by oracle_man