fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

now the FA market just got more interesting ... in case anybody noticed ... lots ofquality FAs out there .. like Dunn, Hudson, Baldelli, Junior etc

i wonder who the Nats will take.. they did make a play for Tex ... they can easily land Dunn and Hudson for the price they were offering Tex.. and they get a lot better

edit:

something i wasnt aware of ... Phils had a chance to draft Tex .. but Boras told them 'No'.. they got Gavin Floyd instead....

Edited by denimhead

brett gardner is projected to be the starting CF on opening day..

rivera had one of his finest seasons last year and he's under contract for two more years, the same time that k-rod's contract expires with the mets.. :rolleyes: we dont even have to do the math.. :P

Edited by bubuy

LOL!

I hate the Yanks `coz I hate NYC in general...

of course, the last few years showed me just how capable they were of treating their own guys badly.

almost seems like class walked out of the organization again as soon as Torre was made to pack his bags.

and yeah, I'm not a fan of one-dimensional baseball which relies too much on heavy hitting to get things done.

I'm lukewarm on the Sox but I do feel that they have a better blueprint for winning and even more than that, I get this feeling that they get it i.e. playing the game the right way is bigger than just winning. it's a bit romanticized I know, but it's something I can respect.

:upside:

nah .. boras actually convinced them that Tex doesnt want the phillies ... and the phils were still feeling the jd drew fiasco ... so they opted for a guy sure to play for the team

damn, i sure would've loved ^that^ reason anyway just to hate on boras some more.. hahaha..

* cut *

I'm lukewarm on the Sox but I do feel that they have a better blueprint for winning and even more than that, I get this feeling that they get it i.e. playing the game the right way is bigger than just winning. it's a bit romanticized I know, but it's something I can respect. :upside:

Cheers to that, doc! :thumbsupsmiley:

LOL!

I hate the Yanks `coz I hate NYC in general...

of course, the last few years showed me just how capable they were of treating their own guys badly.

almost seems like class walked out of the organization again as soon as Torre was made to pack his bags.

and yeah, I'm not a fan of one-dimensional baseball which relies too much on heavy hitting to get things done.

I'm lukewarm on the Sox but I do feel that they have a better blueprint for winning and even more than that, I get this feeling that they get it i.e. playing the game the right way is bigger than just winning. it's a bit romanticized I know, but it's something I can respect.

:upside:

theres an old new yorker where i live at .. he said he loved the yankeess growing up ... di maggio, mantle, yogi etc ... anyways he stopped being a yankee fan the day steinbrenner bought the franchise and started throwing money around.... he said that made him turn sour on the yankees and baseball .. he even said that "steinbrenner" is whats wrong with sports... but at the same time he cries about the phils and their cheapskate ways ... go figure

ok lang kahit di nakuha si tex...mas masarap matalo ang yanks ngayon...hahahaha

dont make those kind of statements at this point, it doesnt come off good.. its like maasim na ubas.. ;)

clearly, as doc already stated, the Red Sox need Tex.. papi is already on the decline, its never too early too have a replacement.. ellsbury isnt yet the player they want him to be..

or the used car salesman from milwaukee.. :D

in the movie "W" oliver stone was making it out that Bush's dream job when he joined the group that owned the Rangers was to be the MLB Commish .... what if......

but yeah i agree the Sox do have a better gameplan for long term success than the Yanks.... as of this posting Mets are supposed to be in deep talks with Lowe

the Mets .. another team with Yankee game plan ...