fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

F-Rod's looking for a 5-year, 75 mil payday.

the Mets, who desperately need a closer, propped 25 for 2 with an option for a third year.

teams are looking to save money. can't really blame them.

it's a very big if---but if you can find a younger guy, groom him for the role and pay him a lot less---that's not a bad option there at all.

K-Rod's problem, I think, is that there are too many tier-2 closers available.

As much as the Mets are desperate for a closer, they won't give him the type of contract that he wants.

I wont be surprised if the Mets end up with either Hoffman or Fuentes. Or even Putz!

There's also the view that K-Rod is past his prime and that is evidenced by his peripherals.

The 62 saves are there, yes, but the other stats around it are not very impressive.

That's one more reason why he lost in the Cy Young race (not to mention, of course, that Cliff Lee and Halladay both had phenomenal seasons.)

He'll have to settle for much less, I suppose.

BTW, I hope Bradley ends up in Tampa.. hitting third ahead of Longoria! Woohoo! :thumbsupsmiley:

i look at it from the Mets pov .. they can argue that if their bullpen and billy wagner (inj) was consistent last year they couldve won the NL East and prolly be the world champs ... (yeah right effing chokers can choke on my cawk) .. and following the Yankees formula theyre gonna go out and get the best available guy for their position of need .. which in this case is K Rod... as much as i agree that K Rod is in the down side of his career hes still the best available guy, the Mets cant afford to wait and develop a farm guy ... with all that being said i hope they choke again .. and again and again ...

how can someone who's just 27 be on the downside? he's not even peaked yet (as far as stuff goes), although the 62 is i believe the peak as far as numbers are concerned.. the key thing here is keeping expectations in line..

<--- syempre K-Rod owner. :upside:

im not expecting 62 every year.. but 40+ is a whole lot better than 93.3% of closers out there.. wag lang mapunta sa non-contender.. :cry: hoffman was able to re-invent himself from a flamethrower to someone who locates.. im sure he's got a lot of time to figure it out.. :hypocritesmiley:

<talking fantasy-wise and not real-life> :D

=====

the only reason the Mets wont give him the contract he wants is bec they're tied up with wagner's contract themselves.. you cant put wagner in a setup role earning closer's money.. im pretty sure if wagner wasnt there, there wont even be a discussion..

Edited by bubuy

@master B

they're just a bit wary primarily because of the way he throws, hence the projected downside.

the last dude who set the saves record wasn't really as useful in the years following his career year (said dude was older anyway so hmm...)

37 for 3?

wow, baratillo na nga talaga ito.

the Boras in me feels like he could've gotten at least 45+/4 from someone...

he's gotta be worth more than freakin' Cordero!!!

the Metsies must've pulled a few Jedi mind tricks to get it done...

"Sign this contract you will...want you no one else does..."

where's his agent? does he even have one?

on the other hand, can't really blame him, he probably just wants something secure.

Yep, I think CC will not go to the Yanks. Neither will Tex.

Wala nang ganung appeal ang Yankees unlike before e.

Wish ko lang:

CC to the Dodgers, Lowe back to Sox, Furcal back to the Dodgers, Tex to Sox, Bradley to Rays. :thumbsupsmiley:

Baka si Burnett lang ang mapuntang Yankees (I'm trading him anyway).

And on that note, The Rally Mutts salutes and thanks the Mad Dog for 23 seasons of excellence and brilliance on the mound.

Definitely one of the best who ever stepped on the pitcher's mound.

To Greg Maddux..... CHEERS!! :thumbsupsmiley:

37 million .. but theyre still chokers..... man i really hate the Mets ... the Braves are ok, the Marlins i actually like in an underdog kinda way .. the Mets are just bleh ... theyre like the Yankees .. minus the rings

CC cant avoid the money .. why else go to free agency...

im liking the Ybanez to the Phils rumour .. come on Pat get yr fave Mariner already

i got the wonder boys valverde and soria .. so im good with closers

Snitchy and Josh and anybody else interested ... i got jeter, burrell, kuroda, jurrjens and iwamura .. open for picks....

is it winter meetings yet?

gog ... can i buy back my pick for a closer?

Edited by denimhead

@dh

what's on the table?

I'd be a bit more inclined to deal for an SP from your stable...that and maybe Jeter...

@master B

I'm open to deals bro...I just gotta see how next year's prospect list is gonna break down...

though as it stands, we do have a bumper crop of 1st rounders...

edit:

walangjoe naman kasi itong si Yu eh, ayaw pa umalis sa Japan...

Edited by gift_of_game