Philipppine Playboy

TX

Philippine Playboy #1 is not available in all magazine stands (hindi yata magkasundo sa price).. I bought mine at a small magazine shop at Shoppesville, Greenhills and I saw some copies at Papyvore.. I hated the issue but because its the first official Playboy Philippine launch, collectors (like myself) would buy it.. Much like all of the "haters," I also doubt if this magazine could survive..

A friend of mine said na medyo limited lang daw ang copies nito.. I dunno if its true..

Mas daring sa akin yung pictorial ni Karen Montelibano, I think 3 years ago pa. Talagang exposure.

hehehe..yun yung FHM issue where Assunta Da Rosi had her 2nd cover appearance..the issue pulled-off the market by the govt. after the pseudo-moralists' outcry..

collectors issue na ata ito..

Edited by Fusarium_jimini
Kailangan, yung 2nd issue ang magdadala ng kakulangan ng 1st.

Playboy Philippines will die a natural death. It appears that the boldest it will do is to be like FHM! he he he. And if it comes to that, kakainin siya ng buhay ng FHM. Who would read those essays by the Palanca-winning writers anyway--their lovers, their spouses, their siblings, their students (English majors), their fellow wordsmiths. In other words, a small circle of "scratch-my-back, I'll-scratch-yours" guys.

Edited by grappelli

yeah, why would I read Dalisay? He's a sell out. He's trying to out-American the Americans. Ang matutuwa lang eh ang mga tuta niya sa UP specifically the Comparative Literature and Creative Writing majors na masyadong mayayabang. Para siyang si Cristina Hidalgo, pretentious. Baka ilagay na rin nila Jessica Zafra. They should just put in Pete Lacaba who is way better than all of them combined. Pete used to write for MAXIMO, the bangketa sistermag of FHM. Anyone remember this mag?

Anyone seen the latest issue of FHM? Yun ang hot! Cover pa lang ulam na!

yeah, why would I read Dalisay? He's a sell out. He's trying to out-American the Americans. Ang matutuwa lang eh ang mga tuta niya sa UP specifically the Comparative Literature and Creative Writing majors na masyadong mayayabang. Para siyang si Cristina Hidalgo, pretentious. Baka ilagay na rin nila Jessica Zafra. They should just put in Pete Lacaba who is way better than all of them combined. Pete used to write for MAXIMO, the bangketa sistermag of FHM. Anyone remember this mag?

Anyone seen the latest issue of FHM? Yun ang hot! Cover pa lang ulam na!

...Pete used to write for MAXIMO, the bangketa sistermag of FHM. Anyone remember this mag?...

Yes, some of the FHM writers now came from the defunct Maximo.

...Para siyang si Cristina Hidalgo, pretentious. Baka ilagay na rin nila Jessica Zafra...

Oo nga, sana yung mga caliber tulad nina Gay Talese (Playboy) or Tad Szulc (Penthouse). The late Franklin Cabaluna had a knack for assembling top-flight writers like P. Lacaba, Pete Daroy, Ninotshka Rosca, etc. for his Pic magazine in the 70s. Yung ang tunay na copycat ng Playboy. Alona Alegre, Rosanna Ortiz, Annabelle Rama, Yvonne, Rosemarie Gil, and other name stars then posed nude for this mag.

...Anyone seen the latest issue of FHM? Yun ang hot! Cover pa lang ulam na!...

Bought one kanina from a Petron store at C5. FHM is really pushing the envelope with this May issue. Hanep 'tong si Precious Adona.

Ano pa bang topic ang ilalagay ng Playboy na hindi pa nako-cover ng FHM, Maxim, Playhouse, Toyz for the Boyz, ala na, di ba? Unless Playboy will show pics more daring that what FHM can dish out, then hanggang dyan na lang yan. Kung pahabaan ng pisi ang pag-uusapan, mas pinakamahaba pisi ng Gokongwei mag. Kailangan malalim bulsa para maka-lure ng mga celeb chicks (popular sexy actresses like Angel Locsin, Shaina Magdayao, beauty queens, high society gals, etc.) to pose nude for PB. Mahirap na talaga madislodge FHM.

Playboy Philippines will die a natural death. It appears that the boldest it will do is to be like FHM! he he he. And if it comes to that, kakainin siya ng buhay ng FHM. Who would read those essays by the Palanca-winning writers anyway--their lovers, their spouses, their siblings, their students (English majors), their fellow wordsmiths. In other words, a small circle of "scratch-my-back, I'll-scratch-yours" guys.

if thats the case, philippine playboy has no chance against FHM...

Edited by vagabond

you'll get the same feeling when you read it, right...na ala talaga wenta yung dating nito.

anyway, the cover is fil-italian raquel gibson, who i assume is never based here in the country.

base sa research ko, si ms. gibson ay huling nagpose sa playboy us (yata) in 2005. yun mismong

pictorial na yun ang ginamit ng playboy pinas rito. i don't know if they're passing that one off as

something new, dahil hindi! medyo outdated ang styling. yes, mas maraming boobs ngayon overall, pero

asians of playboy's past, the playmates in putin's russia (na definitely pickup lang pareho from international

editions worldwide). it's the type that'd mesmerize teeners, pero the point is playboy PINAS nga e! sino sila?

ok may isang babaeng pinay roon, some girl named Billy na for sure nag-FHM GND na in the past or two.

basically, besides the fiction of two youngish writers, and Mr. Krip's column, nothing really in this magazine

feels like it's living up to its name.

Saw the magazine at Papyvore Galleria.. Was intrigued on the past interview of the Marcoses (as stated in the cover).. Still, I did not buy.. Medyo nagdadalawang isip ako kung kukunin ko itong 2nd issue na ito.. Sabi nga ng isang friend ko, if Playboy Philippines intended to put literature or interviews to be their selling point, dapat daw naging Reader's Digest Philippines na lang.. hahaha...