The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

If all else fail, and you've decided to just say WTF, I'm reformatting this gawddamn PC, think again. All of the trouble of installing those shitty softwares, all the troubles of downloading mp3s, the trouble of backups.

Say hello to Combofix. This utility is so damn powerful, it fixed most of my PC and laptop woes caused by virus infections. As a disclaimer, this is by no means act as an AV substitute. I'd like to call this tool as "The Last Resort". Like a double edged sword, it can make or break your PC. But since you've already decided to reformat it, what the heck , right? You just got to try this one out. From personal experience, 4 of them in total, none of em crashed. Extremely effective tool.

Please do read the disclaimers and the instructions on how to use Combofix on their web site at Bleepingcomputer.com. And again, this tool shall be used only as a last resort.

bossing pwede po ba upgrade ang pentium dual core ko sa laptop ng core duo or i3 or 15.thanks po

yung pentium dual core pwede (though hinde considered upgrade kasi mas mataas ang core 2 duo sa pdc, unless older c2d compared to new pdc with higher clock). you might need to update the bios of the motherboard if this will be the case. you cannot upgrade to i3, i5, and i7 kasi iba na ang socket ng mga yan.

gud day. can someone help me with this? i have attached here a photo of my laptop screen. it keeps on doing this the past month. i cannot figure out if it has a problem with the hard disk or the video card. thanks in advance. the laptop is a toshiba satellite.

post-98992-127570702726.jpg

Edited by DavyJones

gud day. can someone help me with this? i have attached here a photo of my laptop screen. it keeps on doing this the past month. i cannot figure out if it has a problem with the hard disk or the video card. thanks in advance. the laptop is a toshiba satellite.

post-98992-127570702726.jpg

Two Possible cause either cable flex or video card.. First try to test your laptop with

external monitor and if it work fine, the cause would be your cable flex..try flexing

the screen back and forth if didn't make a difference that would tell you it is not

the cable flex.

Two Possible cause either cable flex or video card.. First try to test your laptop with

external monitor and if it work fine, the cause would be your cable flex..try flexing

the screen back and forth if didn't make a difference that would tell you it is not

the cable flex.

thanks. i tried it but flexing did not solve it. any other solutions? or does it have anything to do with the hard disk? cause it seems whenever the screen freezes the hdd does not seem to be responding as well.

hello. can someone help me with this. my laptop is HP Pavilion dv4. bought it a couple of months back.

problem is dun sa monitor malapit sa taskbar, suddenly meron na palaging streak of red or green light/line

extending from both end of the screen. any way, i can make it disappear? tnx a lot!

hello. can someone help me with this. my laptop is HP Pavilion dv4. bought it a couple of months back.

problem is dun sa monitor malapit sa taskbar, suddenly meron na palaging streak of red or green light/line

extending from both end of the screen. any way, i can make it disappear? tnx a lot!

try connecting a known good monitor to your laptop or getting in the CMOS screen , if its still the same then it may have something to do with your video card.

either unisntall video card driver or you need to replace the video card

otherwise, you need to replace your laptop screen.

thanks. i tried it but flexing did not solve it. any other solutions? or does it have anything to do with the hard disk? cause it seems whenever the screen freezes the hdd does not seem to be responding as well.

unlikely a hard drive issue. like the previus dude said, try connecting it to a monitor. if the image is fine- its an LCD or video card issue. narrow it down by disconnecting the monitor then going to the bios. if the image is clear in the bios, the LCD and video card. could be a bad driver.

i have tried flexing as well as using a crt monitor to check but it still freezes even in the crt. i guess, that eliminates the flex cable. i just don't know if the driver or the video hardware is the problem. can anyone else help me with my problem? sometimes it restarts as well. i already checked if there's a virus but my antivirus did not detect any. another thing is when i am using just the battery power, it seldom freezes. i wonder if it has something to do with the power. would reformatting solve my problem? i just want to try to fix it on my own before i take it to a repair shop and cost me a lot just for the diagnostics. thanks again.

I'm planning on buying a laptop with core i3 or i5, which is a better laptop, asus, hp or toshiba?

a few precautions....

...Dont ever get HP/Compaq laptops...

...if your planning to use your laptop on extended periods of time... dont get anything with nvdia video chipset...

• Like (+1) 1

a few precautions....

...Dont ever get HP/Compaq laptops...

...if your planning to use your laptop on extended periods of time... dont get anything with nvdia video chipset...

Please elaborate. what does nvdia video chipset does to the laptop?does it consume more power?

sa hardisk? malaki po ba deperensya ng hardisk 7200 vs 5400?

pag nag 7200 po ba ako maaapektohan ba yung battery ko.??

thank you

Pasagot po ng tanong.

Sa 1st question, the answer is yes.. the higher the rpm of your hdd, the faster the data transfer rate.

2nd is also yes. when your hdd spin faster, it consume more power.. it's very obvious that disks that are rotating faster

are better performers.

i have tried flexing as well as using a crt monitor to check but it still freezes even in the crt. i guess, that eliminates the flex cable. i just don't know if the driver or the video hardware is the problem. can anyone else help me with my problem? sometimes it restarts as well. i already checked if there's a virus but my antivirus did not detect any. another thing is when i am using just the battery power, it seldom freezes. i wonder if it has something to do with the power. would reformatting solve my problem? i just want to try to fix it on my own before i take it to a repair shop and cost me a lot just for the diagnostics. thanks again.

if ur in the QC area, we can meet up along commonwealth or Eastwood. ill check it out for 1 tall fap.

ever tried going to the bios? reboot then tap on DEL or f2?... if the image is ok there, then its most likely a driver issue.

1 tall FRAP i mean. starbucks coffee...

Guest djunya2006

my internal cam on my laptop no longer is functioning, is there anyway of repairing this? or is getting an external cam my only option. maraming salamat.

• 1 month later...

i've been having problems lately when visiting youtube or other sites that feature streaming vids when using firefox... videos don't play correctly, it plays like its only showing clips but the audio is fine... first i thought i just needed to download & install a new version of adobe flash player & i did but it only worked for a few minutes then it happened again... can anybody help?

Edited by resident_big_evil