The Sun Complaint Thread

grovel

Here's my feedback with Sun Broadband Postpaid (799 plan):

- I rarely got disconnected. I took note of the times I got disconnected and after 3 months of use, I only got disconnected TWICE. My location is Pasig.

- The modem software is very reliable. Connecting is a breeze.

- Sure it's slower than the advertised 2mbps but ALL broadband providers are really lying about that. Download speeds are really slow, I don't usually download stuffs so I don't complain. Streaming videos is where its crappy.

-The only satisfaction I get using Sun Broadband Postpaid is the reliable connection.

Compared to the same time I used Smart Bro Prepaid, I am very satisfied with Sun Broadband. I've posted my feedback with Smart Bro Prepaid on the Smart thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

from Nova, QC

At first, ok ang Sun, as in super ok. Nag 2 mbps ako. After a week, wala na. As in Super Bagal na. As a matter of fact, may pending complaint pa ako dun, at di pa naso-solve kaya balik ako ng Tattoo.

Sa may plan na mag Sun Broadband Wireless, pag isipan nyo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

like to know if anyone have the same experience , yun sunbroadband ko ayaw gumana sa wi-fi router and sagot sa akin dapat yun router na galing kanila , i test it sa smart bro and globe both gumagana . i inserted the sim to my lappy hindi rin gumana .

is the usb unit naka lock o yun sim mismo ? any solution

like to know if anyone have the same experience , yun sunbroadband ko ayaw gumana sa wi-fi router and sagot sa akin dapat yun router na galing kanila , i test it sa smart bro and globe both gumagana . i inserted the sim to my lappy hindi rin gumana .

is the usb unit naka lock o yun sim mismo ? any solution

Is your router a 3G wireless and hard wire router as well? meaning . Can it accommodate 3G wireless dongles and traditional dsl cable?

If the router you got has a slot for 3G dongles you have to check if it's compatible with Sun broadband dongle. There may be a compatibility issue. Inserting the sim to your laptop should make it work as a last recourse.

Sun will say you need to buy their router but at the price of close to P4,000 as against getting a router that accepts 3G dongles at half the price. You're better off getting your own.

If you just purchased the router and was hoping to use your 3G sun dongle to the router and make a hotspot out of your home and it didn't work I suggest you bring it back first to the store you got it from and they maybe able to fix the issue or find a substitute. Otherwise if the router has been there for sometime. You can check out another router but this time try it first.

Hope you get a resolution. I had gone to PCcorner before and they had routers that can accept 3G dongles. But she did tell me to bring my sun broadband to try it out first for compatability.

Edited by solutiontech

Is your router a 3G wireless and hard wire router as well? meaning . Can it accommodate 3G wireless dongles and traditional dsl cable?

If the router you got has a slot for 3G dongles you have to check if it's compatible with Sun broadband dongle. There may be a compatibility issue. Inserting the sim to your laptop should make it work as a last recourse.

Sun will say you need to buy their router but at the price of close to P4,000 as against getting a router that accepts 3G dongles at half the price. You're better off getting your own.

If you just purchased the router and was hoping to use your 3G sun dongle to the router and make a hotspot out of your home and it didn't work I suggest you bring it back first to the store you got it from and they maybe able to fix the issue or find a substitute. Otherwise if the router has been there for sometime. You can check out another router but this time try it first.

Hope you get a resolution. I had gone to PCcorner before and they had routers that can accept 3G dongles. But she did tell me to bring my sun broadband to try it out first for compatability.

thanks Solutiontech , after 3-4 nyts of testing /configuring and 3 x pabalikbalik sa different sunshops , i give up , sbi ng sunshop compatibility issue , sabi sa philmug , sun used private address , i even ask for firmware upgrade sa router maker , i gv up !

• 5 weeks later...

I am currently a subscriber of SunBroadband for more than a year and I have experienced the deterioration of their service first hand. The first six months were a breeze and I couldn't be any happier. But recently the connection has gone from bad to worse to very worse. I get "No Service" and even if there is a connection (with the maximum is 3 bars out of 4 bars, but more often 2 bars as of late) my connection gets dropped.

I have made a complaint at their SunShop and a technician came around promptly naman. However, he was only able to recommend my case to the main office. He even went so far to tell me that if it is still getting a signal even if it was 1Mbps or lower but not 0Mbps, it was considered within the range of the service contract and that I shouldn't complain. Personally, the technician empathized with me and he forwarded my case immediately.

For more than a week I waited for a reply from their main branch but none arrived. No calls or emails from them. Patient as I am, I made a comment at their website and finally got a response from them.

In the email, I was reminded that speed depends on the number of people connecting at the same time and availing their service. They were going to look into my case, though... but it's been months and I'm finally fed up!

I was hoping they would upgrade their bandwidth but it seems that's not going to happen.

I'll be disconnecting my service by this month's end.

Can anyone suggest a better alternative? I don't want to shell out money paying for unlimited internet usage with 0.00MBps.

Sun seems to cap its bandwith... its actually been buzzing for sometime now. After your first month of enjoying break neck speed downloads things suddenly fall to a dead stop. Sun appears to be limiting the 2mbps service to a meager average of 650kbps... pero as Ive observed it is much lower than this.

Sun should immediately address this issue otherwise I foresee that their sales will suffer drastically because of negative feedbacks from current users.

I enjoyed this before. Now I'm only getting from 0 Kbps to 10 Kbps. Again please note, its 0 KBps to 10 KBps.

Anyone else here who had this kind of experience?

I applied for a Sun Mobile Postpaid Plan, they said that the approval is only within 24 hours and I will receive a call if it is approved or denied.

Its been two days and there is not a word from them about my application, I even visited their office at SM Bicutan where I applied, and they just plainly told me, "Sorry, we dont have an update on your application, try again tomorrow."

Some 24 hour approval.. What the F...!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I applied for a Sun Mobile Postpaid Plan, they said that the approval is only within 24 hours and I will receive a call if it is approved or denied.

Its been two days and there is not a word from them about my application, I even visited their office at SM Bicutan where I applied, and they just plainly told me, "Sorry, we dont have an update on your application, try again tomorrow."

kinda same experience and since then i never never use sun anymore."SUN WILL GIVE YOU HEADACHE"the more complaint the more you will waste your time.i suggest for those who had problem in sun, wrote a complained letter then forward to DTI and NTC be patient and your complained will be solve!!!.

Same experience

You have to follow up by yourself ..... keep calling them or email them