Rotc (military Science) Becomes Mandatory Again

Hindi naman yon paaralan ang nagpapalakad ng ROTC program but it's actualy the AFP. Kaya nga ang mga kadete ng ROTC ay mga miyembro ng "Corps of Cadets Armed Forces of the Philippines". Sa dami ng naglalabasang kabulukan ng AFP tiyak mababastos na naman yang programang yan.

paki-correct lang po. sa aking pagkaka-alam, ang corps of cadets armed forces of the philippines (ccafp) ay mga kadete na nasa philippine military academy, at ang mga rotc cadets ay miyembro ng corps of cadets __name of school____ rotc.

so sir antok nagbabase sa school kung sino ang corrupt?

sir myojin, iwinawasto ko lang ang sinabi ni mata_hari na ang mga rotc cadets ay kasama sa ccafp.

sagot ko naman sa tanong mo ay ganito, hindi base sa paaralan ang pagiging corrupt, kundi sa tao nagpapalakad ng programa at sa kanyang karakter at pagkatao.

sir myojin, iwinawasto ko lang ang sinabi ni mata_hari na ang mga rotc cadets ay kasama sa ccafp.

sagot ko naman sa tanong mo ay ganito, hindi base sa paaralan ang pagiging corrupt, kundi sa tao nagpapalakad ng programa at sa kanyang karakter at pagkatao.

well said sir antol... :)

• 2 months later...

Tumpak. No matter how good a program is, it will all depend on the people carrying it out. When power-hungry and vain individuals run the show, you can be sure that the lower classmen and the echelons below them will be affected negatively.

Edited by cuatro_ojos
  • 4 weeks later...

ROTC is ok if it is made mandatory for both men and women. Train the women on first aid, medical equipment, etc. (even massage)

Other than that, then it's a flat NO. Saturdays are meant to be rest/study days. Why only give men a disadvantage (like what we experience back in '94-'96)? If they can't be fair about this then there's nothing to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Well para sa akin Ok yan na gawing mandatory uli. Afterall its good to have a course that instills good old fashioned military discipline, and afterall its also good to learn stuff like making the other poor bastard die for country and cause. In fact in korea, students are required to do service in the army for at least two years. They live in the barracks, they dress up like soldiers, and they get issued a firearm, the whole nine yards. Because of programs like this, their armed forces are strong. Unfortunately for me having undertaken the program I do not believe that it has strengthened our military, neither do I believe that it promotes patriotism and all that other bullsh!t objectives they said. Heck if it did eh di sana hangang ngayon mandatory pa rin ang ROTC.

But don't get me wrong I am all for it. I do want to have a program like this under the following conditions.

1.) Those that handle the program must have a clear curicculum of the course, heck they should have a syllabus the way PE does. The Cadettes should learn something tangible like for petes sake! how not to get shot by the enemy, how to handle battle wounds, how to fire a weapon etc., how to handle himself in hand to hand combat. Hindi puro matrsa martsa na lang at pagbibilad sa araw anu naman kaya natututunan ng mga cadete dun? sus!

2.) The ROTC department should never enjoy complete autonomy from the policies of the school itself. Any anomaly they make, they should be also subjected to investigation. If they create income generating project i.e. uniforms, boots, et. al they should follow proper bidding procedures of the schools. Kaya ang dami dami noong mga sundalong gusto maging ROTC commandant, kasi pwede sila mangurakot at nageenjoy sila ng autonomy. Pati tuloy cadets, nagiging corupt dahil sa mga gagong ROTC commandant.

3.) There should be a clear guideline for conduct of a proper officer and a gentleman. Ang hirap ito ang pina hindi nasusunod, the program should train officers that will help defend this country and not create bullies behind ranks. Kadalasan pa nga nananakit sila ng kadete just for the fun of it kahit minsan wala na naman yun kinalaman sa training nila. I mean sure, no pain no gain, paminsan minsan kelangan mo magpa push up man lang kung walang disiplina kadete mo, but officers should also know that a rank is not a license to bully your subordinates. I mean its the officers duty to protect his men, not to be the first one to k*ll them, especially when they go out of line. All physical punishments or otherwise should be done in context with the training itself. Hindi yung dadalhin mo pa sa bahay mo yung incoming officer para gawing katulong.

4.) Cadet officers should maintain a grade requirement like varsity players do.

How can the military instill discipline if they could not discipline themselves. Ex. generals involved in corruption. For me this is BS they should just make ROTC an optional course.

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of military training to instill discipline to the Filipino youth.

The problem perhaps is the implementation of the program in all. Some officers see this as financial oppurtunity. The Military program itself is faulty. I mean did any of us do anything good in ROTC aside from basking in the sun and marching endless not knowing which is left or right. In other countries, their program involves some community assistance as well as job oppurtunities. For all we know the ineffectivess of our ROTC program may just reflect the Ineffectiveness of the Philippine Military or worse the Filipino himself as a person.

I took ROTC in college kahit ayaw ko. After completing the course wala naman na disiplina sa mga kasama ko. pasaway pa rin sila hahahaha.

Hindi naman yon paaralan ang nagpapalakad ng ROTC program but it's actualy the AFP. Kaya nga ang mga kadete ng ROTC ay mga miyembro ng "Corps of Cadets Armed Forces of the Philippines". Sa dami ng naglalabasang kabulukan ng AFP tiyak mababastos na naman yang programang yan.

Oo. E kung ang AFP nga corrupt. Here they are saying that ROTC is one way of instilling discipline. Cut the crap. If you want to instill discipline then the AFP should be the one to set the example.

• 1 month later...

I totally agree with post no. 1...

guidelines lang ang kailangan....

kung bakit tinangal? its totally wrong.

War is just a few miles away from us... China ratio is 20 is to 1, kurutan nalang hindi tyo mananalo

lalo na ang mga citizens natin dont know how to protect them self yun pakayang bansa natin...

kung ibabalik? i totally agree...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

agree ako NA IBALIK ANG ROTC KUNG: real training ang gagawin, meaning tactics, strategies, military history, real weapons training, yung babaril talaga at least yung dalawang last sems, etc. ang problema kasi martsa lang ng martsa. wala kasing katuturan kapag ganun. WASTE OF TIME! kahit sana parang yung ginagawa nila sa Singapore.

agree ako. sana man lang matuto pumutok ng baril

• 2 weeks later...

agree ako NA IBALIK ANG ROTC KUNG: real training ang gagawin, meaning tactics, strategies, military history, real weapons training, yung babaril talaga at least yung dalawang last sems, etc. ang problema kasi martsa lang ng martsa. wala kasing katuturan kapag ganun. WASTE OF TIME! kahit sana parang yung ginagawa nila sa Singapore.

Definitely agree! Maganda na din sana na i-encorporate sa kanya ang self-defence courses pwede dinas PE.

Pwedemong masabi na lahat ng lalaki sa SouthKorea marunong humawak at gumamit ng baril dahil mandatory ang military service sa kanila for a certain interval. Sa atin nga lang puro martsa. Parang nag-walkathon lang. <_<