Rotc (military Science) Becomes Mandatory Again

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my recollection during my time ....

you are required to take ROTC for the first two years of college.. four(4) semesters that is....if you enjoyed the training, you have the option to continue

for advance training(another 4-sem) leading you to become officer of the training in the same school. again,this was a great training. there was respect at all levels.

after completing/graduating your collegiate course and completing the training, you have the option to enlist in the military giving you

the rank of 2nd LT. and if you have finish the advance training course a rank of first LT.

am not quite sure of the protocol now.....

there are many countries that require their citizens (male or female) to render two year services for their country. be it in military or humanitarian services.

i think this is good idea as a whole but needs to be thought off carefully for policy and procedure.....

my two cents and no argument necessary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They should at least teach you how to fire a rifle. And of course, gun safety and weapons maintenance. This should be the minimum.

Regarding tactics, I think they should teach guerrilla fighting and survival. Let's be realistic. Hanggang guerrilla Lang tayo.

We cannot do head to head confrontation, it will be a massacre. Npa and milf Lang nga ilan dekada na problem di natin Kaya tapusin, how can we ever hope to win against another country? We can be proud of our army scout Rangers, I think that's it. The rest of our army, Air Force and navy are a joke.

I read recently in newspaper pnoy is thinking about getting a submarine? It made me laugh so hard.

Yung mga reservist yung ipapambala sa kanyon pag tinopak ang China?

AFP reservist protocol kapag DEFCON 3 (invaders have arrived on Philippine soil, DEFCON 1 is air space, DEFCON 2 is marine territory) ay i-activate ang lahat ng able-bodied na citizen 45-years old and below as ready reserve. In short, front-liner/infantry ang reservists unless ang MOS mo is geared towards medical, engineering.

Yep. Pambala talaga ang reservist, whether we like it or not. 180,000 ang declared strength ng buong AFP, 140,000 lang ang nasa active roster. Good luck talaga. Kaya ipa-update nyo na MOS nyo lalo na kung si Roxas ang manalo.

Edited by ozman88
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember back then in UST, they would check how many absences you have. If you have more than 3 (allowed cuts), then you would pay X amount per excess day of cut. They would just open their desk drawer (which I saw was full of money) & just drop the money there.

nakalimutan mo yung tuwalya bro. you need it as 'receipt' hehe. nasa aken pa yung tuwalya na yun, reminder ng mga eksena sa likod ng grandstand. kumbaga, iyon ang katibayan na hindi ka nagbayad para sa absences mo, kundi bumili ka nung tuwalya na may imprenta ng logo ng UST. tang**ang style yan kung maaalala ko. ang biruan namen eh ang ROTC praktis para sa concentration camp sakaling sakupin tayo ng ibang bansa. wala namang itinuro sa amen dun kundi pano mag-martsa at kumain ng spanish bread ng madalian.

gagawing mandatory ulit ang ROTC? no, i won't wish that kind of suffering to other people. im speaking of course with the pontifical university's ROTC policy. other schools might be different but yung dinaanan namen was shitty ROTC so no.

• 1 month later...

rotc should be required for all. everybody 16-21 years old. studying or not. every citizen should serve their military. provided, that everyone should be in the field. not sitting or standing around eating siopao and coke in the hot sun. thats stupid. our young people should be sent to the field. on ships, on the airfield, on the ground, everyone should help our army, marines, navy, air force. it must be productive and effective. not just do much marching with some idiot infornt shouting hap wan to tre, and kalesteneks! haaayz.... utterly no use... waste of time, money, effort. ROTC should be done for 2 months, sending our young people in the field. serve. the correct word is to serve.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...