Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

just like to ask... the other day natapunan ng konting tubig kepad ng laptop ko sa may cursor side. mga 1 tablespoon kasi nahabol ko yung baso. at first nagkaka problem sa keys but right now ok naman na siya. ask ko lang if pwede ko pa diagnose kasi may warranty pa naman. (di ko lang sasabihin nabasa) hehehe... what do you think might happen next? thank you and happy weekend!!!

hi,

normally kapag nabasa electronic gadget mo say laptop, pinapatuyo lang yan and ayos na ulit ^_^ sa case mo swerte ka, kasi kung medyo minalas malas ka, nabasa tapus ginamit mo agad, pwede ma-short circuit yan sigurado sira. this happened to me and my friend, yung laptop namin magkatabi sa lamesa, tapus lumabas lang kami saglit naiwan bukas bintana, eh sakto umulan, pagbalik namin medyo nabasa na mga laptop namin, eh nag panic siya, in-ON niya kagad laptop niya baka daw kasi nasira na, ayun bumukas naman mga 3 sec then namatay tapos wala na ayaw na bumukas (sira) yung sa akin pinatuyo ko muna, electric fan then the following day ko na in-ON, ayun so far buhay pa at wala naman naging problema..

you mention ok naman na siya, kapag pina-diagnose mo yan, since ok naman siya wala rin mangyayari.. sympre hindi nila alam problema tapos kapag ginamit nila wala rin naman magiging problema unless sasabihin mo keyboard, sympre tatanung nila bakit, tapus ikaw na bahala magkwento, pero kahit masabi mong keyboard, since gumagana naman ng maayos wala rin silang kahihinatnan..

HTH!

• 1 month later...

I got a dilemma I got PC System of Asrock G31M-S Mobo Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 a Palit 9500GT Videocard of 1gig and 1pcs of 2Gig DDR2 memory and running at windows XP32bit. Then I tried to add another 2 gig of memory to my system Bios detects 2pcs 2gig memory but at the system tab it only recognized 3.12Gig of Ram . As I search the reason on the web it states that the reason why it only detect 3.12Gig was because im using a 32bit windows system. Now I'm thinking if is it reasonable to add up another 2 gig of memory to my system or only 1 gig of memory. I cannot see some answers if the missing .88 Gig on my 4gig system is used and maximized well.

Mga Sir itatanong ko lng related din namn sa computer.. is it possible ba na maka pag assemble ng sariling pc or customize ng pc ang taong hnd namn ganun kalawak ang knowledge nya sa pc? or meron bang book dummy na e2ng parts na yan dto mo ilalagay yan, e2ng wire na yan dapat d2 yan.. something na ganun.. just asking lng..

thanks sa sasagot.

Mga Sir itatanong ko lng related din namn sa computer.. is it possible ba na maka pag assemble ng sariling pc or customize ng pc ang taong hnd namn ganun kalawak ang knowledge nya sa pc? or meron bang book dummy na e2ng parts na yan dto mo ilalagay yan, e2ng wire na yan dapat d2 yan.. something na ganun.. just asking lng..

thanks sa sasagot.

yes.

I got a dilemma I got PC System of Asrock G31M-S Mobo Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 a Palit 9500GT Videocard of 1gig and 1pcs of 2Gig DDR2 memory and running at windows XP32bit. Then I tried to add another 2 gig of memory to my system Bios detects 2pcs 2gig memory but at the system tab it only recognized 3.12Gig of Ram . As I search the reason on the web it states that the reason why it only detect 3.12Gig was because im using a 32bit windows system. Now I'm thinking if is it reasonable to add up another 2 gig of memory to my system or only 1 gig of memory. I cannot see some answers if the missing .88 Gig on my 4gig system is used and maximized well.

It is okay to make it 3GB of RAM as long as they are both dual channel if you're using 32-bit OS.

mga masters tanong ko lang, whats the difference between a 64bit and 32 bit softwares. madalas kasi akong may mabasa na ganyan eh. thanks

64 Bit Uses large amount of RAM compared to 32 Bit. By means, 64 bit uses large amount of Physical RAM to process large amount of data in a short period compared to a 32 bit. 64 bit also can recognize up to 12 GB of RAM ( 6 x 2GB of RAM ) as for the 32 bit can only recognize up to 3 GB of RAM.

This does not necessarily mean it outwitted the 32 bit softwares.

What to consider when you install a 64-bit version.

-compatibility issue with 32-bit softwares and hardware drivers may not work properly since most of the hardware supports 32 bit.

- most of the existing softwares are ONLY compatible with 32-bit. ly for a 64-bit operating system.

You don't need a book just to know how to assemble one AS LONG AS YOU READ THE MANUAL. :) All motherboards have manuals. Doon mo makikita saan mo dapat isaksak ang mga wirings at connections. Para ka lang nagbubuo ng lego.

The main problem is power supply vs hardware you're going to buy.

Low Build PC consumes 200 - 500 watts.

Average Build PC are usually supplied by 500 watts - 600 watts.

High End build PC are usually supplied 550 watts - 1000 watts.

I attest to this because I for one did not know how to build one for myself. But through alot of reading and the power of google. I assembled my own PC. :) ^_^

Edited by SkinDeep
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance sa mga masters na makakatulong sa prob ko. OS ko ay Windows Vista Home Basic and more than a year ko na rin nagagamit to PC ko and since then never ko pa naactivate or na-enable (im not sure sa right word na dapat ko gamitin) ang administrator account ko till last week i decided to activate or enable it using command prompt and ito yung ginawa ko, Run as Admin ako sa CMD.exe then type ko ang command na net user Administrator /active:yes..... advice ng isang friend ko to enable my admin acct or try to run my CorelDraw as admin acct. (now this is the reason kung bakit ko enenable ang admin account: in more than a year ko kasi gamit ang CorelDraw ko e ok naman pero last week bigla na lang ito hindi gumana sa standard user acct. in short i tried what he told me and ok naman, nagwork nga yung corel draw ko pero bumagal ang MS office, photoshop and some softwares ko kaya i tried to disabled the other day ang admin account using CMD again, ito ngayon ang prob, when i enabled the admin acct, syempre nilagyan ko ng password, and nung na dinisable ko sya e hindi ko naremove ang password, so ngayon na balik standard user acct na ako everytime na may ida-download ako or anything na may kinalaman ang admin acct, a small window always appear with this message (windows needs your permission to continue/ to continue, type an administrator password, and then click OK, sa window na yun ay merong OK & CANCEL button pero wala ako makitang place to type the password.. Now i cannot even Run as Admin ang Command Prompt kasi hinihingi nya ang password which is i really dont know where to type the password and dont know talaga kung ano ang gagawin. hope you could help me with this mga masters. Thanks again.

Guys help naman :(

Ayaw kasi magcharge ng battery ko sa toshiba satellite pro ko...it says '' plugged in and not charging'' ...May setting ba dito para magcharge na yung battery ng toshiba laptop ko?

Sorry kung OT..di ko alam kung saan pwede magtanong eh :) Thanks po :)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys help naman :(

Ayaw kasi magcharge ng battery ko sa toshiba satellite pro ko...it says '' plugged in and not charging'' ...May setting ba dito para magcharge na yung battery ng toshiba laptop ko?

Sorry kung OT..di ko alam kung saan pwede magtanong eh :) Thanks po :)

maybe u need to change your battery na. ganyan din sa hp laptop ko. 4months pa lang. pero sometimes nagchcharge naman. may built in app ang hp to calibrate yung battery pero wala na talaga bumigay na sya.

• 3 weeks later...

sirs, i bought my rig a couple months back and now my pc cant detect my hard drive. so i keep restarting my pc until it can detects my hard drive. what do you think is the problem sirs?

It could be sign of a defective hdd,cable, power or sata port. Try replacing the sata cable if its sata hdd or IDE cable if ide hdd. Check also the power for the hdd, if your pc still has extra molex try to swap it. If your pc is still under warranty , it would be better to send it back to the shop so they can check the hdd.

• 2 weeks later...

NEED HELP!

hi, i been trying to connect to the wi-fi of these hotel, im sure i typed the password correctly..but i always get these annoying msg

"The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your

network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or

10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."

how do i solve this?

i check my friends wi-fi configuration na nakaka-connect..the password is entered on WPA2-personal and AES..but my laptop doesnt have that dropdown, and meron lng ako, WPA..

hope someone can help me..

tnx!

NEED HELP!

hi, i been trying to connect to the wi-fi of these hotel, im sure i typed the password correctly..but i always get these annoying msg

"The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your

network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or

10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."

how do i solve this?

i check my friends wi-fi configuration na nakaka-connect..the password is entered on WPA2-personal and AES..but my laptop doesnt have that dropdown, and meron lng ako, WPA..

hope someone can help me..

tnx!

what's your OS?

XP..TIA!

btw, can you also help me build a desktop.

my budget is 30-40K.. i want a PC that is good for games.tnx

here is my suggestion

download the pricelist from four different PC Stores (PC Express, Villman, PC Gilmore and PC Corner)

Compare which has the lowest prices for each PC Parts

Once you have selected each components, read the review from these websites

newegg.com

www.tomshardware.com

decide if you want to go AMD or Intel

ATI or NVIDIA

here are sample prices from PC Gilmore

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 3.3Ghz 6MB LGA1155 9,200.00

Memory Kingston 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333 1,000.00

Hard Drive Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA 2,900.00

Video Card Sparkle GTS450 1GB DDR5 128bit 4,700.00

Motherboard Asus P8H61M-LE USB3 Intel H61/DDR3 3,850.00

CD/DVD/CDRW Samsung DVDRW SH-222AB 22X Sata 850.00

Casing Trendsonic Apollo ATX 550W PSU - 3X120mm fan 1,650.00

Monitor 23" HP X2301 Sword 8,990.00

---------

TOTAL 33,140.00

wala pang Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers,UPS/AVR, Processor HSF/Casing Fan/Cooling System

yung magiging over-all price kasi depende kung anong klaseng gaming ang hanap mo

here is my suggestion

download the pricelist from four different PC Stores (PC Express, Villman, PC Gilmore and PC Corner)

Compare which has the lowest prices for each PC Parts

Once you have selected each components, read the review from these websites

newegg.com

www.tomshardware.com

decide if you want to go AMD or Intel

ATI or NVIDIA

here are sample prices from PC Gilmore

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 3.3Ghz 6MB LGA1155 9,200.00

Memory Kingston 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333 1,000.00

Hard Drive Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA 2,900.00

Video Card Sparkle GTS450 1GB DDR5 128bit 4,700.00

Motherboard Asus P8H61M-LE USB3 Intel H61/DDR3 3,850.00

CD/DVD/CDRW Samsung DVDRW SH-222AB 22X Sata 850.00

Casing Trendsonic Apollo ATX 550W PSU - 3X120mm fan 1,650.00

Monitor 23" HP X2301 Sword 8,990.00

---------

TOTAL 33,140.00

wala pang Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers,UPS/AVR, Processor HSF/Casing Fan/Cooling System

yung magiging over-all price kasi depende kung anong klaseng gaming ang hanap mo

wow!

this is a great help..tnx

Try re-installing all the drivers for your motherboard. This is usually found sa CD that comes with your mother board.

good day,

ask ko lang po about sa OS na XP, ok naman sya dati, sinubukan ko lang ang win7 kayalang di compatible sa specs ko kaya balik ako sa XP. the problem now is wala syang na de detect na USB. nawala sa properties ng device manager. patulong naman po how to solve this problem.

thanks.