Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

hi everyone!

just want to get some insights... i have a linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router...

nothing was changed with the configurations but starting about 3 to 4 days ago, i had problems with some sites... on in particular is yahoo... i can get the homepage but when i click on sign in i get a "page cannot be displayed" error... with yahoo messenger, i cannot sign in also...

tried to do the same on the 3 other computers connected (wired), same results... went to the neighbor, got into the site without problems.... tried to direct connect to the cable modem got in successfully... this also happens with some other sites i try to access.... have no problems with google, gmail, this site of course, and pcgilmore among others...

pls help... thanks and GOD Bless!

Try plugging your pc directly to your broad band connection. See if that works.

Try using if your provider has a proxy. (check mo na lang sa internet for your specific provider.)

Try deleting stored cookies of your browser.

Check if you have zone alarm.

Call tech support. You might have to lie though that you are using a router. If like me, you are using smartbro, they are trying to disallow use of a router. It might be a quality of service issue. Meaning you are not getting the right amount of band width to load your websites.

Try plugging your pc directly to your broad band connection. See if that works.

Try using if your provider has a proxy. (check mo na lang sa internet for your specific provider.)

Try deleting stored cookies of your browser.

Check if you have zone alarm.

Call tech support. You might have to lie though that you are using a router. If like me, you are using smartbro, they are trying to disallow use of a router. It might be a quality of service issue. Meaning you are not getting the right amount of band width to load your websites.

thanks for the tips...

there seems to be no problem when directly connected to the cable modem...

cleared cookies and temporary files...

no zone alarm...

no problem with zpdee if i use router...

tech is also having hard time to explain what is happening considering that i had no problems a few days ago...

right now, iam a bit convinced that i need a new router....

• 3 weeks later...
Post your questions and ill try to answer it all. :thumbsupsmiley:

for computer sales, repair and services.

pls visit www.pcgilmore.com.ph to know the nearest pcgilmore for you.

pm me here for questions or add me at my yahoo messenger id. Morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

-Morris :cool:

P.S. I'll be deleting all your questions kapag nasagot ko na! hanapin nyo nalang ung reply ko thanks!

para lang hndi magulo at hndi masyado mapupuno ung topic na to. :P

pano po ba ang gagawin if ok naman ang mouse ko pero hindi ko magamit pang drag ..

magkano ba ang apple sa pilipinas? :rolleyes: kasi ung apple sa u.s. more than $1000 more than 1gb ang sdram and hardisk is 200gb plus meron ba kau tinda dyan i recently bought a toshiba satellite a215 with finger print scanner 2gbram and 250gb hd around 800$ sale siya

dami nang power mac center sa mga malls pre.. u can buy an imac 20" (2GB RAM, 320GB HDD) at 69K, a macbook at 59K up.

Bumababa na ang presyo ng mac and maganda sya.. it supports windows na.. u can have dual boot setup for your 320GB drive using Bootcamp para may Mac OS ka na, may Win XP pa!

Visit your power mac center now.. may free trainings pa cla pre... :)

greetings mga boss i have a big problem with my pc now

i was jst trying to update my display driver but then i did the wrong thing, because when i uninstalled my previous driver, i went to display settings and clicked on the adapter tab, and the clicked on properties, and then clicked on driver tab. there i clicked uninstall, i had a warning that it was only an option available for advanced users and that would uninstall the device, i was thinking that what will it uninstall was only the driver. so it prompted a restart, when i restart i only got a dead screen, nothing is showing up.

i tried to switch the monitor-pc connecter to the built in vid card, it worked

problem now is the system cant detect my vid card anymore

questions sirs...

i bought a new PC last month and had a friend install winXP 64bit on it... he says that its a much faster, stronger XP version compared to the 32 bit...

however, so far all i've been getting are compatibility issues with softwares that does not support it yet. i wasnt able to use my Vidcard for the first week because the driver included was for winxp 32bit. also when i downloaded itunes, itunes8 is not compatible w/ XP64bit. it runs but Itunes still same that its encountering installation problems...

then last week i tried to download POWERTOYS for XP and when i installed it it said it's not compatible w/ XP64bit...to think that i've downloaded it from microsoft.com... :(

should i downgrade to 32bit or just get service pack 3 and pray...

thanks sirs

questions sirs...

i bought a new PC last month and had a friend install winXP 64bit on it... he says that its a much faster, stronger XP version compared to the 32 bit...

however, so far all i've been getting are compatibility issues with softwares that does not support it yet. i wasnt able to use my Vidcard for the first week because the driver included was for winxp 32bit. also when i downloaded itunes, itunes8 is not compatible w/ XP64bit. it runs but Itunes still same that its encountering installation problems...

then last week i tried to download POWERTOYS for XP and when i installed it it said it's not compatible w/ XP64bit...to think that i've downloaded it from microsoft.com... :(

should i downgrade to 32bit or just get service pack 3 and pray...

thanks sirs

downgrade to 32bit.

there's lot of compatibility issue regarding 64bit and Windows Vista.

there's a lot of things that needs remedy pa, i suggest use 32bit muna. then keep up to date until lumabas ung mga programs for 64bit.

good day masters..

need help on my computer. i'm using two OS - windows xp and me (for my old programs). recently upgraded the ram to 2gb. it works fine in xp but for me, system keeps on rebooting after the windows me page.

i checked the net and got this article:

Computer May Reboot Continuously with More Than 1.5 GB of RAM

View products that this article applies to.

Article ID : 304943

Last Review : January 31, 2007

Revision : 1.4

This article was previously published under Q304943

SYMPTOMS

If your computer has more than 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of memory (RAM), the computer may reboot continuously when you try to start Windows Millennium Edition (Me) or Windows 98.

Or, when you try to install Windows Me or Windows 98 with more than 1.5 GB of RAM installed, Setup may stop responding (hang) or reboot continuously.

Back to the top

CAUSE

Windows Me and Windows 98 are not designed to handle more than 1 GB of RAM. More than 1 GB can lead to potential system instability.

Back to the top

WORKAROUND

To work around this issue, add the following line to the [386enh] section of the System.ini file:

MaxPhysPage=40000

This limits the amount of physical RAM that Windows can access to 1 GB. To add this line, use the following steps: 1. Use any text editor (such as Notepad) to open the System.ini file in the Windows folder.

2. Add the following line in the [386Enh] section of the file:

MaxPhysPage=40000

3. Save the file, and then restart your computer.

For additional information about the MaxPhysPage entry, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

181862 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181862/EN-US/) Specifying Amount of RAM Available to Windows Using MaxPhysPage

Back to the top

thing is, i can access system.ini while using xp, so does that mean that i insert the MaxPhysPage=40000 while using xp.

would this change have an effect on my xp os as well?

thanks in advance.

Helpppp naman mga boss,

at startup I always get a failiure message that reads:

"Windows cannot find 'msnmgnr.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

Inalis ko na sa msconfig sa start-up pero meron pa din

Ano kaya gagawin ko para mawala ito.

Salamat