Sex Or Love? What Makes Relationship Work?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A healthy relationship always involves both sex and love. I'm not condoning pre-marital sex though, but it's up to you. Minsan kase ayaw nung babae hanggat hindi kasal, so kung ganun ang gf nyo, kung mahal nyo sya, you will be patient with her, pero kung sex lang habol mo, mabuti pa maghanap ka na ng iba. Ngayon kung kasal na kayo pero ayaw pa din, well, ibang situation na yan and it can be grounds for annullment. In some cases, hindi capable makipag sex ung individual because of physical disabilities, I guess mas nakakachallenge un but it can still work because of love, understanding and patience.

• 2 weeks later...

The latter is the expression of the former. Without one, the other would cease to exist.

if you limit the relationship to that of partners, your may be valid. but what about other relationships such as parent and child? i dont have sex with my parent or child to express my love for them. our love exists without sex.

for me, true love can make a relationship between partners work. if my partner became disabled and could no longer engage in sex with me, would my love for her cease to exist? of course not. would that destroy our relationship? of course not. would i leave her? of course not. especially if i truly love her.

so would sex make this relationship work? obviously it wont, because there will be an absence of sex. only love.