Sex Or Love? What Makes Relationship Work?

Para sakin, ang Sex and Love benefits yan ng being in a relationship, but it is not what makes it work. You do not stay in a relationship only for those.

Ang dami dyang couples na wala halos sex, at yung di naman passionate pagsasama, pero nagtatagal. Meron dyan sobrang passionate at masigla sex life, pero saglit lang naman nagtatagal.

Ang isang matagumpay na relasyon, hindi lang dapat yan basta kilig at libog. Kung ito lang nagpapatakbo ng relasyon nyo, madali ito maguguho. Sure they are important but its not what will make it last

You need emotional maturity, compatibility in personality, and most of all as cheesey as it sounds VALUES. Values like respect, trust, sacrifice, loyalty, fidelity. Ang passion kasi at libog na yan, inevitably huhupa at certain stages sa pagsasama nyo. At kung wala kayong values, eh ano na itatagal nyo?

Halimbawa, pag nagaaway kayo, hindi pwedeng mayat maya, bati na kayo tapos exchange ng kilig lines, tapos make up sex na. Tapos yung issue na pinagawayan nyo di naman talaga naresolve. Dapat, naguusap kayo, alam pinagawayan nyo, maintain yung respect at trust, at magusap kung papano dapat gagawin next time ng di na maulit.

IMO, both.

Whenever I see happy couples in facebook, you know, those couples that seems to click instantly,

unlike the others that seem to have a "transition period" before being completely warm and affectionate

to each other,

Whenever I see that kind of couple, somehow I automatically presume, there's this gut feeling,

that those two people are "kinikilig" for each other, and, they have had great sex (or at least they are

sexually compatible). I think there's this level of happiness/warmth/comfort that is more easily attainable

when there is sexual compatibility, as compared to without. Or maybe I'm just too assuming/judgmental hehe

We are bounded by physical aspects,, its not only sexual thing,, its also emotional,, the one you can talk to freely is most probably you'll be in love with,,, its more important than sex,,, but dont get me wrong,, sex is important,, but its LIMITED! so find a partner that you can talk to,, be your best friend,,, and has chemistry for sexual arousement as well,,,, that perfect and then love will always follow,,,,,,,,,,, IMHO only po,,,

hey anyone?? what makes relationship work?? sex or love??

i think sex makes relationship work partners should be compatible.

parang 80% sex 20% love

what do you think?? hmmm dry.gif

3+ CHILDREN - Money - Commitment Forever Mindset - Love - Sex

Lots of children between each other, especially the more sons you have, the more solid you will be.

For example if you had 3 or more sons... rock solid.

It is biology, it is a long explanation.

The two greatest pillars of a married relationship are Communication and Sex, at least that's one of the researches in the American Journal of Psychology hypothesizes. Under each one of these pillars are different principles that sustain the relationship of a husband and wife.

COMMUNICATION:

1. Empathic Listening -the ability of both partners to choose to understand the message of the other, regardless of emotional state.

2. Expressive Responding -the ability of both partners to express their thoughts and feelings in a manner that is effective and considerate.

SEX:

1. Principle of Delayed Gratification

- enables satisfaction in the relationship through mutual fulfillment of sexual desires. Best described through the state that the partners achieve when both climaxes at almost the same time.

2. Principle of Novelty

- the active effort of both partners to inject excitement and responsible fun into their sexual experience.

Sounds legit.

This would depend on the kind of relationship that one has. If it's a serious and long-term relationship, especially for marriage, both would have to be existent.

For flings and best-friend-with-benefits kind of relationship, sex and humor would suffice.

• 1 month later...

IMO, sex is just the icing. Love pa din dapat 100%.

Sorry if this sounds hypocritical. In my one and only serious relationship, sex is great and we're compatible (I don't see me being this compatible with anyone else), but we're still falling apart. I don't even count sex as a reason.

Edited by ryantano