Overrated Nba/pba Players

while the match-up seem to favor the celtics, i would still say that the bulls will still manage to win the series because of phil jackson and his coaching staff, which includes tex winter. i they will be the better tactician and will be able to match the right players against the all star celtics

Guest megalodon
while the match-up seem to favor the celtics, i would still say that the bulls will still manage to win the series because of phil jackson and his coaching staff, which includes tex winter. i they will be the better tactician and will be able to match the right players against the all star celtics

Phil Jackson? Partly coz of Phil Jackson and his staff. You're forgetting the main ingredients. Jordan, Pippen, Kerr, Grant, etc.....

other intagibles will play a big factor.. one, assuming that Len Bias would be an excellent player with the Celts(teaming up with Reggie Lewis) and of course the Celt supcast will be different at that time not Dino Raja, Dana Barros and the like.. two, haven't watched Len Bias play defense during his heyday in Maryland during the 80's(correct me if Im wrong though with Bias' Alma Mater) and honestly I forgot how good or terrible defensively the Celts are at that time.. three, the Bulls on the other hand have a very good bench at that time(any 3 peat era)..

OT na ata usapan?...anyhow, IMHO, The most overrated player in the PBA is JAMES YAP...in the NBA, its a toss-up between KOBE BRYANT and STEVE NASH.

Coming from the same guy who lists Larry Bird as a Power Forward. I'll just laugh hahahahaha!

Coming from the same guy who lists Larry Bird as a Power Forward. I'll just laugh hahahahaha!

Let me guess..fan ka ni Kobe?...what a pity.. :sadsmiley02:

Anyhow, for the sake of argument, here are my reasons why I listed their names.

James Yap is nicknamed by Mr. Mico Halili as "The Man with a Million Moves"..wtf, for a player who moves slow on his feet when he drives to the basket and throws a one-handed, hand-gripped shot..the nickname is just too much for his calibre, much less winning the MVP plum a couple of years ago. and as an outside shooter? I can give you 5 names who is better than him when it comes to shooting the three-point shot and yet these players are not even considered as one of the best bball players in the PBA.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand, was a conceited SOB way back when the Lakers have been winning championships with him and Shaq in the frontline..openly saying that he was the leader of the team and the main reason why the lakers have won the championships, (kaya nga asar sa kanya si O'neil)..IMHO, Kobe is an ALL Star player, no doubt about it, but for him to be on the top 10 MVP candidates for the past few seasons (and have actually won the plum last year) is an overrating for him..IMO he's just the guy who throws too many shots (being a ball-hog) he averages 25-30 shots per ballgame and any good-enough player and a ball-hog like kobe can produce the same stats so long as they give that player 25-30 shots a ball game.

Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating, beating the likes of Dirk, Shaq and Lebron in the race. for most of his career, Steve Nash was an above average player, it was just when he moved back to the Suns that he was considered as one of the best players in the NBA, in fact he was already in his 30's when he won the MVP plum.

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14
Let me guess..fan ka ni Kobe?...what a pity.. :sadsmiley02:

Anyhow, for the sake of argument, here are my reasons why I listed their names.

James Yap is nicknamed by Mr. Mico Halili as "The Man with a Million Moves"..wtf, for a player who moves slow on his feet when he drives to the basket and throws a one-handed, hand-gripped shot..the nickname is just too much for his calibre, much less winning the MVP plum a couple of years ago. and as an outside shooter? I can give you 5 names who is better than him when it comes to shooting the three-point shot and yet these players are not even considered as one of the best bball players in the PBA.

Kobe Bryant on the other hand, was a conceited SOB way back when the Lakers have been winning championships with him and Shaq in the frontline..openly saying that he was the leader of the team and the main reason why the lakers have won the championships, (kaya nga asar sa kanya si O'neil)..IMHO, Kobe is an ALL Star player, no doubt about it, but for him to be on the top 10 MVP candidates for the past few seasons (and have actually won the plum last year) is an overrating for him..IMO he's just the guy who throws too many shots (being a ball-hog) he averages 25-30 shots per ballgame and any good-enough player and a ball-hog like kobe can produce the same stats so long as they give that player 25-30 shots a ball game.

Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating, beating the likes of Dirk, Shaq and Lebron in the race. for most of his career, Steve Nash was an above average player, it was just when he moved back to the Suns that he was considered as one of the best players in the NBA, in fact he was already in his 30's when he won the MVP plum.

Ok, overrated MVP. Good one! Nash became MVP because as the major addition to the Suns, he turned that team around from cellar dwellers to championship contenders (conference championships).

As for Kobe Bryant, he is overrated because he is conceited? LOL! Jerry West said it best after watching Kobe's tryouts after a few minutes: "He's better than anybody we have. Let's get going." That's overrated? Stop living in the past. Kobe took 30 shots per game like what, 3 years ago? And who would you give the ball to? Smush? Kwame? Considering that he was consistently going one vs 3 everytime down the floor, his FGM/A was still above average during those times which adjusted for degree of difficulty is actually exceptional. Overrated? Funny! Hahaha!

Edited by grail80
Ok, overrated MVP. Good one! Nash became MVP because as the major addition to the Suns, he turned that team around from cellar dwellers to championship contenders (conference championships).

As for Kobe Bryant, he is overrated because he is conceited? LOL! Jerry West said it best after watching Kobe's tryouts after a few minutes: "He's better than anybody we have. Let's get going." That's overrated? Stop living in the past. Kobe took 30 shots per game like what, 3 years ago? And who would you give the ball to? Smush? Kwame? Considering that he was consistently going one vs 3 everytime down the floor, his FGM/A was still above average during those times which adjusted for degree of difficulty is actually exceptional. Overrated? Funny! Hahaha!

i would have to agree with you with regards to kobe. asar din ako sa player na ito dati but he really is good. but i doubt he'll be the next michael jordan. si lebron james p siguro.

another one is carmelo anthony. he is good but not as good as the denver commentator puts him to be. he is not on kobe, lebron and wade's caliber. these people can take over anytime they want. swerte lng si melo kase dumating si billups kaya napalaban ang lakers sa nuggets. try putting billups out of the equation malamang nde lumampas ng 1st round ang nuggets.

isa pa si rajon rondo. wtf? point guard ka super hina ang perimeter shooting mo? nde pde na panay drive and draw ang diskarte nya. nagkataon lng n pag nagkick out sya ang nakakasalo ay sila eddie house, paul pierce and ray allen. ayun, chalk the assist na. ive been watching him play the whole season and tlg nde ako nagagalingan eh. very normal ang brand ng game nya.(though i must admit mabilis tlg ang kolokoy)

OT na ata usapan?...anyhow, IMHO, The most overrated player in the PBA is JAMES YAP...in the NBA, its a toss-up between KOBE BRYANT and STEVE NASH.

im not a KOBE fan pero mukang di ako sang ayon sau brod :) bahala na mga kobe fans mag xplain hehe, basta ako nanonood lang hehehe

Point#1: I didnt say that Steve Nash doesnt deserve his FIRST MVP plum, you can give it to the guy, because as you have said "he turned the team around", but this is what I said: "Steve Nash, is a good player, but for him to win back to back MVP's is again, an overrating"

Nash isn't that good of a player to win back-to-back MVP's, he isn't that ELITE of a player to join the ranks of Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Moses Malone, Wilt Chamberlain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell, and Tim Duncan all of which have won back-to-back MVP's, its clear that you can't compare Steve Nash to these elite list of players.. Steve Nash is an overrated player period. And one more thing, just because a player turned things around for a certain team doesn't automatically earn him the right to be an MVP, i can give you a list of players who turned things around upon joining a struggling team but didn't win the MVP the same season.

Point#2: I didn't say Kobe's overrated because he's conceited, you're obviously not reading my post well enough, Yes, he's conceited as far as I'm concerned, but the reason I said he's overrated was that he's just the type of player who shoots the ball way too much, HE'S A BALL-HOG.. Kobe Bryant is a HYPED-UP player IMO, Is Kobe an All-Star player? YES he is! but is he that good as most people perceived him to be? HELL NO! You can compare Kobe to Allen Iverson when he was with the 76ers. Yes, he's not shooting and keeping the ball by himself this season, and he's more toned down so to speak, partly because he realized that there are better players than him in the NBA, Lebron and Dwayne are obviously better ball players than Kobe considering that these two are only in their 6th NBA season. I think it was Jerry West himself who said that Lebron already surpassed Kobe as a player, Well the truth is Kobe is a hyped-up player.. and after a few more years and after everything is written down, Kobe's name will be a notch below the NBA greats. He'll be just like Mookie Blaylock, Allen Iverson, Bernard King or Glenn Rice who were all All-Star players, but not one of the greats.. and let me be the first one to say this, Kobe and the Lakers will never win an NBA championship up to the time he retires. you better believe it.

PBA:

Taulava- i say overated because during his heyday, he was the biggest one there is and he was expected to dominate but when it came down to crunch time, he was and still is a no show.

NBA:

Ewing- see reason above

Nowitski- as much as i like the big german, he is overated for me because being a 7 footer playing as a small forward, he is expected to score against much smaller defenders. but when it really matters the most, he is nowhere to be found.

yao ming-malaki lang talaga siya but in fairness, his shooting touch is just sweeeet!

buong PBA overrated. tagal na ako umayaw manood sa liga na to. puro porma lang ang yayabang kala mo ang gagaling. kamote naman sa international. Sa Asia lang nangangamote na. Pati mga arabo tinatalo na tayo.. to think nagtrabaho ako sa middle east bihira or ni wala ka makita basketball court. sa mga bakante lote ang nilalaro nila soccer. meron man basketball eh mga pinoy ang naglagay. pero ano, tinatalo tayo ng mga arabo ngayon.

Kobe - Overrated by the media. I'm not a Kobe Hater, I hate the fans and media that are saying that Kobe is already better than Michael. C'mon! 5 time MVP-6 time Finals MVP-1 defensive player of the year-10 Scoring Titles vs 1 time MVP - 0 Finals MVP - 0 defensive player of the year - 1 Scoring Title to say a few. Kobe Worshipers(media and some fans) says that there's no one to challenge that time unlike now there's LeBron, Tmac, Pierce, Carmelo, Wade etc. WRONG. MJ era collected some of the most talented basketball players ever. Magic, Drexler, Ewing, Barkley, Nique, Malone, Stockton, Payton, Reggie Miller(my personal idol =p ) , Prime Shaq, Prime Tim/Penny Hardaway, Prime Grant Hill - MJ beat them all as the main star with Pippen as his side kick. Speaking of Pippen, those people say that MJ can't win rings without Pip, OF COURSE. 1 great can't do it alone. Remember Kobe has Shaq so they won 3 championship(2004 Finals loss to the Pistons is humilating. really). After 4 years he got back to the Finals with Gasol as his sidekick but he choked again. And a personal opinion, i like MJ's hangtime and moves more than Kobe's. Some moves, only MJ can do.

P.S. To those who still believes Kobe is already better than Michael, Kobe admits MJ is the greatest in an interview after he won his first MVP. Check that on Tube for further proof.

Edited by jblight
Vince Carter - over rated

I hope that's a joke. If not, you're not doin your assignment. Check his stats clearly and his leadership to the Nets, and you will know he is underrated. Just a bad coaching staff(FireFrank.com), and a not-so known team declines his popularity.

Kobe - Overrated by the media. I'm not a Kobe Hater, I hate the fans and media that are saying that Kobe is already better than Michael. C'mon! 5 time MVP-6 time Finals MVP-1 defensive player of the year-10 Scoring Titles vs 1 time MVP - 0 Finals MVP - 0 defensive player of the year - 1 Scoring Title to say a few. Kobe Worshipers(media and some fans) says that there's no one to challenge that time unlike now there's LeBron, Tmac, Pierce, Carmelo, Wade etc. WRONG. MJ era collected some of the most talented basketball players ever. Magic, Drexler, Ewing, Barkley, Nique, Malone, Stockton, Payton, Reggie Miller(my personal idol =p ) , Prime Shaq, Prime Tim/Penny Hardaway, Prime Grant Hill - MJ beat them all as the main star with Pippen as his side kick. Speaking of Pippen, those people say that MJ can't win rings without Pip, OF COURSE. 1 great can't do it alone. Remember Kobe has Shaq so they won 3 championship(2004 Finals loss to the Pistons is humilating. really). After 4 years he got back to the Finals with Gasol as his sidekick but he choked again. And a personal opinion, i like MJ's hangtime and moves more than Kobe's. Some moves, only MJ can do.

P.S. To those who still believes Kobe is already better than Michael, Kobe admits MJ is the greatest in an interview after he won his first MVP. Check that on Tube for further proof.

And this is the same reason why I said before, that Lebron James, as good and as dominant of a player he is, won't win the NBA championship this season..The point is, NO one-man can win the championship all by himself, yes, Lebron is the most dominant player in the NBA right now, but he cannot carry the team to the championship all by himself, and seeing the Cavs' roster, I do not see anyone who I can consider as James' "partner" that can help him win the championship for the Cavs. you can make a case for Williams, but Mo Williams in my opinion isnt as good of a player as a Pippen, Jabbar or even McHale for me to consider him as Lebron's so-called "partner" that will help him win the NBA championship this year. Specially in a 7-game series where opposing teams adjust offensively and defensively, when teams play almost everyday, sooner or later Lebron will get tired of carrying the Cavs on his back and there will be nobody in the Cavs' roster to pick up the slack and back him up.

Even history is against the Cavs this season.. If you look at the teams that have won the championships at least in the last 27 years, you will see 1 common denominator and that is the concept of "The Dynamic Duo" and a "Sixth Man" philosphy.

i can name a lot.... lahat ng first round draft choice s NBA specially the top no. 1 draft who are either retire or sitting on the bench..... mwhahahaha....s PBA the list is also long cla rico/ wesly/ cortez/ cabagnot/ limpot/ devance/ thoss/ y de ocampo/allado/ritualo/

i can name a lot.... lahat ng first round draft choice s NBA specially the top no. 1 draft who are either retire or sitting on the bench..... mwhahahaha....s PBA the list is also long cla rico/ wesly/ cortez/ cabagnot/ limpot/ devance/ thoss/ y de ocampo/allado/ritualo/

Really??? - including Magic, Kareem, Isiah, Hakeem, Robinson - all of whom are now retired? :rolleyes: