Overrated Nba/pba Players

"Captain Hook" Cardona is overrated... parang naglalaro sa kalye, "larong-buko" with his alahoy shots.. :lol:

Willie Miller is also overrated... kaya lang naman siya nanalo ng 2 MVP award, kasali sa national team yung lahat ng magagaling sa PBA... :lol:

i think Rajon Rondo is overrated din.. he is ATROCIOUS with his outside shooting.. shut down his penetration into the lane and he becomes useless... :lol:

:mtc:

Rondo's actually underrated.

him not making the open jumper is about the ONLY thing he doesn't do well (well, that and FT%).

he defends, plays the passing lanes well, rebounds at a great clip for a guard and knows how to run a team.

by certain metrics, he's far and away the most productive Celtic this season so far.

if Rondo gets injured, the C's are dead in the water.

even Doc Rivers said so much.

i think Rajon Rondo is overrated din.. he is ATROCIOUS with his outside shooting.. shut down his penetration into the lane and he becomes useless... :lol:
Rondo's actually underrated.

him not making the open jumper is about the ONLY thing he doesn't do well (well, that and FT%).

he defends, plays the passing lanes well, rebounds at a great clip for a guard and knows how to run a team.

by certain metrics, he's far and away the most productive Celtic this season so far.

if Rondo gets injured, the C's are dead in the water.

even Doc Rivers said so much.

hmm.. most of the things you say Rondo does involves him going into the lane nga bro...

the Celtic coaching staff should devote time and effort to help him develop his outside shooting as well as FT`s...

he can go head-to-head with CP3 and Deron Williams once that happens...

kung ganoon naman kasi yung expectation, talo nga siya dyan...

Rondo won't be a star in the CP3/Deron sense but he's not a bad player himself.

what he gets for the C's scoring-wise is really just gravy.

hmm.. most of the things you say Rondo does involves him going into the lane nga bro...

the Celtic coaching staff should devote time and effort to help him develop his outside shooting as well as FT`s...

he can go head-to-head with CP3 and Deron Williams once that happens...

kung ganoon naman kasi yung expectation, talo nga siya dyan...

Rondo won't be a star in the CP3/Deron sense but he's not a bad player himself.

what he gets for the C's scoring-wise is really just gravy.

my two-cents worth lang bro...

if Rondo develops a decent outside shot and FT, the Celtics will actually be better than they were last year...

if he will join PP, Ray Allen and Eddie House as a sniper, he will be much more valuable than he is right now...

well hindi pa siya pba (and i doubt if he'll make the jump; he seems to have a very level head and knows his limits), but yeah chris tiu is overrated -- he's too small for a shooting guard and doesn't have the handle of a point guard, and they always talk about him being so cool and collected sa championship games, eh he's been in the uaap for 5 years na, syempre a 24 year old man like him will be more poised than an 18 year old boy from another team hehehe peace sa lahat ng ateneans ha, the truth hurts hehehe

sa nba, obviously si starbury has developed an overrated rep. other overrateds? ben wallace (one dimensional undersized center), bruce bowen (best defender? baka dirty player, uses his hands to slap & scratch opponents to annoy them silly)

i guess it's easier to catch over rated players because of their massive salaries

but oden? siguro in 3 more years we'll see if he's another kwame brown

• 2 months later...

c darko milicic

may nakita ako sa poster dati ng piston apat cla c ben wallace c hamilton billups at milicic

nkalagay badboys

sabi ng pinsan ko badboy daw talga c milicic ksi ndi nia shinoshoot ung bola ang lapit lapit na e :thumbsdownsmiley: , 2nd panman xa tops pangatlo c anthony sa draft

Hey there peeps!

I think one of the most overrated players in the NBA is Tracy McGrady. Pag sa offense above average nga siya, pero pag sa defense wala. Tapos di nia pa kayang i-lead ang Houston. Houston is better off without him. Mas nananalo pa sila pag wala siya kasi umiikot ang bola...lahat nabibigayan ng chance to create points.

Guest megalodon
Greg Oden is overrated..

Chris Tiu is overrated...

Rico Maierhoffer is overrated..

Sam Bowie-1984 draft (2nd overall. Stupid Blazers should have picked His Airness)

Sam Bowie-1984 draft (2nd overall. Stupid Blazers should have picked His Airness)

Lol ayan na naman. Portland Trailblazers during that year needed a center, and since Houston already picked Hakeem Olajuwon, they chose the next best available center. He wasn't overrated, as his averages of about 10points and a a shade less than 10 rebounds per game he got in his last year in College closely mirrors his average in Portland. Portland knew what they were getting, they just didn't count on him being injured most of the time.

We can argue that he's a draft bust, yes, but overrated? No.

Lol ayan na naman. Portland Trailblazers during that year needed a center, and since Houston already picked Hakeem Olajuwon, they chose the next best available center. He wasn't overrated, as his averages of about 10points and a a shade less than 10 rebounds per game he got in his last year in College closely mirrors his average in Portland. Portland knew what they were getting, they just didn't count on him being injured most of the time.

I think they did the same thing when they drafted Greg Oden.

And young as they are, they already made the playoffs. On paper they have all they need to win the championship if all goes well (meaning no major injuries). Only time will tell.

Yup. maganda sila tignan sa papel. medyo kulang lang dahil injured lagi si Oden and maybe dahil young team pa nga sila. Pero with the veteran experience of Rudy Fernandez ( from the major league sa Spain)...and maybe some minor additions to the roster next year aabot sila ng 2nd round. Sila nga yung bet ko na manalo against Houston. Sayang lang hindi sila nanalo.

Guest megalodon

The Blazers would not have chosen him if they didn't think he would be a quality player in the NBA like he was in college. As you said the next best available center. My opinion is they should have taken Jordan and who knows? The Glide would have been his Scottie Pippen.

The Blazers would not have chosen him if they didn't think he would be a quality player in the NBA like he was in college. As you said the next best available center. My opinion is they should have taken Jordan and who knows? The Glide would have been his Scottie Pippen.

Wahaha did you know his college stats? His best season was 17pts and 9.8rebs per game. In his senior year he got 10 pts and 9rebs per game.

In his first year with Portland he got about 10 pts and 8 rebs per game. He did as expected, I would hardly call that being overrated.

Like I said, Portland knew exactly what they were getting. They picked according to their need. They needed a serviceable center to beef up their frontcourt. They got it, even made the playoffs but Bowie had a string of injuries.

Is Jordan a center? Coz if he was I'm sure the Rockets would have picked him first.

Edited by grail80
Guest megalodon
Wahaha did you know his college stats? His best season was 17pts and 9.8rebs per game. In his senior year he got 10 pts and 9rebs per game.

In his first year with Portland he got about 10 pts and 8 rebs per game. He did as expected, I would hardly call that being overrated.

Like I said, Portland knew exactly what they were getting. They picked according to their need. They needed a serviceable center to beef up their frontcourt. They got it, even made the playoffs but Bowie had a string of injuries.

Is Jordan a center? Coz if he was I'm sure the Rockets would have picked him first.

No, but he was unquestionably more talented than Bowie. The worst draft day mistake of all tiime.

No, but he was unquestionably more talented than Bowie. The worst draft day mistake of all tiime.

Some can argue Kwame Brown is the worst draft day mistake of all time, but yeah your statement is arguably true. But Bowie is definitely not overrated.

Guest megalodon
Some can argue Kwame Brown is the worst draft day mistake of all time, but yeah your statement is arguably true. But Bowie is definitely not overrated.

Considering the caliber of the player who was drafted after him, I wouldn't be inclined to think otherwise.