Engine Oil - All About It

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shell Rimula (R4) 15W40 for BOTH my gasoline and diesel engines.

The gas station mechanics grumble about apocalyptic engine damage as I order them to pour in the Rimula diesel engine oil for my mutivalve gasoline engine. But said Rimula oil is rated CH-4/SL, which well exceeds the rating needs of the gas engine even though it's 30% cheaper. And I am an engineer, immune to marketing and auto suggestion crap that the engine runs smoother with this or that more pricey stuff

Baloney - if the oil meets the API engine ratings, and is from a reputable company, use it.

LC

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree completely. I always look at the API ratings.

I use HX5 for my gasoline engines, and R3x for Diesel.

Shell Rimula (R4) 15W40 for BOTH my gasoline and diesel engines.

The gas station mechanics grumble about apocalyptic engine damage as I order them to pour in the Rimula diesel engine oil for my mutivalve gasoline engine. But said Rimula oil is rated CH-4/SL, which well exceeds the rating needs of the gas engine even though it's 30% cheaper. And I am an engineer, immune to marketing and auto suggestion crap that the engine runs smoother with this or that more pricey stuff

Baloney - if the oil meets the API engine ratings, and is from a reputable company, use it.

LC

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...