Engine Oil - All About It

I have a k*ll switch installed going to the fuel pump. nakatago syepre. mas cost effective and mas sure ka na hinde mapapaandar yung kotse mo.

I just use mineral oil 20w-50 on my cars. Just make sure I follow the 5,000km practice or 3months, which ever comes first.

I sometimes use Caltex Delo on my Gasoline Engine for cleaning purposes. And okay din siya gamitin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It depends on the recommendation and specifications of your car. Some models really require expensive oil since it lubricates injectors and turbo parts that can get damaged if regular oil is used.

Fully synthetic oil , since is maintain by casa and they recommended.

• 1 month later...

Engine flush contains other chemicals that are harmful to the internals of the engine. Better to use mineral oil as engine flush.

What I do is this:

Drain Oil.

Put 2 liters of Mineral Oil.

Let engine run at idle for about 10 minutes.

Drain again then put your fully synth.

Works for me. :)

Yup, 5w-30 oils are generally recommended and tagged as "fuel economy" oils. Haven't tried though, I'm on 20w-50 mobil 1's.

FE is actually only slightly better over a 5w-40 oil but you really notice an improvement in response, try it :) what engine do you use?

The school of thought is if your engine was generally well-maintained with oil changes as per stated in the manual. Then it would be safe to flush it out. Although it would be pointless to flush it out since it would be pretty clean to begin with.

However, if you have an engine with a lot of miles on it and hasn't been given regular oil changes, then it is recommended you flush BUT... and I mean but, you risk dislodging the sludge and gunk and having it lodge in places in the engine you don't want them to go. You also risk leaks because in some cases, the gunk actually helps seal the engine. Suddenly having that dirt dislodged could have your engine leaking oil in places it didn't before flushing.

almost 3years na di kami nagpachange oil...reason..well thing is twice a month lang namin nagagamit yung car or rarely namin nagagamit ung kotse so we just thought ok lang na di agad magpachange oil before kahit lumampas kami ng 10,000 km limit ng last change oil namin...so kanina nag pachange oil na kami..sa total gas station auto mechanic service..ung brand narin ang ginamit namin...fully synthetic type ...and nung nadrained ung old oil...kulay coke na or sobrang itim na...as we stupidly thought before na kahit di mo masyado gamitin ung car eh ok lang na di maging regular ung change oil mo...so since awhile ago nagworry na kami na dapat tlaga well maintained mo ung car engine kahit di mo toh gaano nagagamit...and stupid of me na now ko lang nabasa tong thread about this,,,didnt know about the flush thing...but anyway as ive said..maintain na namin dapat to so basically this time before 10,000 eh dapat pachange ko narin ung oil...this thread really helps.....anymore tips guys lalo na dun sa irregular magpachange oil...thanks....

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody tried Repsol? I know it's a bit popular in MCs but not really known for cars. Well, I tried their cheapest oil at P800++ a gallon for my sentra and it turns out to be a good one. I noticed my gas consumption improved from 10km/li to 12km/li. I also noticed a sudden improvement in acceleration. I had my oil changed 5 months ago, and car is used 4-5 times a week and up till now the oil texture/appearance is of golden brown (good sign of engine health), di ko nga alam kung mag change oil na ko o hindi pa, kasi twing papatignan ko sa mekaniko sasabihin napakalinaw pa ng oil para palitan, hehehe. Am not promoting anything here, this is just my personal experience and just wanted to share that experience with an oil unknown to our cars (in the Philippines at least):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...