Career Choices: Money Or Passion?

• 2 weeks later...

I can truly say that for a nearly a decade of working, it would have to be passion.

Recently, I signed up for a job that people in my industry would not normally sign up for because the pay "sucks". But as luck turned out, not only did a much higher position, but the first group to exist in such a company.

I actually quit higher paying jobs because I was doing the same thing over and over and it did not do me any good. Passion gives you direction and more chances of earning higher salaries and push yourself to things that you never dreamed of you were capable of doing. :)

• 1 month later...

Passion!

My family and I made a financial sacrifice by giving up my 20 year dental career and starting over by going back to school full time for nursing.

And it's the best decision ever because I finally found my purpose and I'm very motivated and I shine when I'm doing what I want to do.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^

But men, pursuing a Passion can be practical too. You just have to be creative and smart in your choices.

pursuing money isn't necessarily practical if you think about it too...

If you pursue money,

(1) one day you may wake up and realize that you hate your job, what it has made you, and even your life, then you quit, and attempt to start all over again from scratch at 40.

(2) you may burn-out or have a nervous breakdown and just don't know what to do with your life.

(3) you may dislike your job, and use alcohol, food, women, and other filth to compensate for hating your job, your life, which is much more unhealthy and much more a waste of your money.

money just has many cons as pursuing passion.

And there's always a way to turn something you love into something profitable. Being a starving f#&king artist or make art for the world is just plain stupid.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The task of choosing between money and passion is a difficult one, especially for those who study many long years to get their educational degrees.

Most people tend to go on with their supposedly money-making careers and choose high-paying jobs rather than going for a small-packaged passionate work. The point is, these people earn money, and money alone. Not a bad thing, if your crowning aim is to get rich. But money is no man's dream, may be a way to get their goals, but certainly not the prime goal of life.

Every human has responsibilities and duties towards society in which they exist. These duties often drags a human to the money-dreaming 'rat-race' and away from his pleasing passions. The notion that passion can be pursued only after bagging some substantial moolah, is as false as it gets. The thing is, the later you act on your passion, the lesser time you get to excel in it. There are always exceptions, but most average people fail and fall in their initial quest of money, fame and possessions.