Career Choices: Money Or Passion?

• 3 weeks later...

Passion.

I grew up poor in the old country so i appreciate the little things that i have at home, in the farm and the sheep. When i finished my degree, i was offered to work at some law offices become an apprentice, but i didn't stop from there, i think i can do better so i did. I got a great job and the money is more than i expected so i decided to save my money in the bank. I love to work with people from different parts of the world, my work has opened doors for me. The money, its just money, i earn it and save it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It doesn't have to be an "either or" situation with a little luck and a lot of work and patience. You can accept a job for the money and immediately find ways to save and use your hard earned money to finance your dream business/job. Rather than blow all your money on gimiks and barkada nights, save a portion every payday (around 20% is ok). It will slowly add up until you have enough to start your business or support yourself until you find your "passion" career. I wish I had thought of this earlier in my career.

• 1 month later...

Money AND passion. i think in reality talaga, as in hypocritical opinions aside, hindi kaya mag-exist nung money hangga't wala yung passion and vice versa... siguro certain times kaya naman, but in the long run, or at the end of the day, kakailanganin talaga nung dalawa ang isa't isa.

well a perfect example would be steve jobs. he just love technology and the passion to do what he loves. then we all know what happened next... the money came. yes money and passion can co-exist, but the real question is that do we have the courage to do what we really like? because most of the time we are just too afraid of failing the first time and don't want to take risks...