• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Please help me on these:

1. If you have annual salary increase and you feel that you are still shortchanged/undercompensated, when do you think is the best time to ask for a raise? Will it still be reasonable to ask for one if you are rated average or meets requirements on your KRA?

2. Is it ok to moonlight?

3. In applying for a job, how much expected salary should I state basing on my previous salary?

Help :ninja:

Greetings xcalibr!

belated merry christmas to you!

on your question pertaining to salary raise. actually you can consult your boss anytime of the year for that. it is your right to express what you think is unfair in your present work situation. but the best time to discuss it thoroughly is on the evaluation day itself when everything is being assessed, this is the most condusive time to discuss rates, performance and interventions. but let me share you what happened before the annual salary increase happened. it is normal for every company to allocate budget for operations. in our case we do it every september, this time we will cost everything from maintenance, labor, operations, equipment purchases and upgrade and others for next year. part of it is the allocation for salary increase. in most cases we give a percentage for the increase. it is budgetted already and mostly these figures (salary raise) has been forcasted already by your department heads. to justify the raise or the percentage of the raise one must come up with performance appraisal to gauge how much a person is worth basing on his performance. so if its budgetted that 10% would be the maximum rate for increase, not all will enjoy that 10% increase because of performance evaluation. so getting back to your question. if you feel your undercompensated it could be because of your past performance or if you feel not then maybe your organization is suffering from what we call salary distortion syndrome. somehow you have less bargaining power if your performing on the average level only.

well in the law if your employed for eight (8) hours in a company then its not okay to moonlight. there is always a clause in the contract or in the company policy called "FULL TIME" wherein you have to dedicate your time, energy, effort in the period where your at your workplace be it in office, field and other places of work. this you have to respect or this could be a basis or grounds for termination. however, because of our present economic condition there are instances that it is okay when you can accomplish the following requirements: 1st, your not with your company's direct competitor or supplier or end user of your product or services; 2nd, your not jeopardizing your required output or your obligations to the company; and 3rd, not doing it on your official office time. but if your working below eight (8) hours then you belong to the bracket called under employed. in this case you have to check your contract again if theres an opportunity for you to have a dual job at the same time since you're classified as such.

on your third question, the jumping board for expected salary is usually your last basic pay. however, you can raise it if you want but still this will be subjected to the hiring budget of the company for the position your applying.

i hope i somehow shed light on your inquiry

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot Tokoy!

Some additional info: let's say that the performance is average but the salary received is lower than the entry level salary range on the specific industry. Do you think that it could be enough justification to ask for a salary adjustment considering that I already have 3 years experience?

A follow up on my third query: how much percent increase from your previous salary is just fair to ask?

Thanks

Happy New Year to all!!!

Thanks a lot Tokoy!

Some additional info: let's say that the performance is average but the salary received is lower than the entry level salary range on the specific industry. Do you think that it could be enough justification to ask for a salary adjustment considering that I already have 3 years experience?

A follow up on my third query: how much percent increase from your previous salary is just fair to ask?

Thanks

Happy New Year to all!!!

Hi!

I accidentally used someone else's acct. :lol:

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot Tokoy!

Thanks

Happy New Year to all!!!

happy new year xcalibr and/or xeduxer :D

sometimes it is a lesson that when you join a company you have to make sure to bargain for the right price. its a common mistake for those job seekers to jump in without reviewing the offer. i also happen to understand that there's a hierarchy of needs/demands and exactly at that point basic pay was not a concern then it was more of job acceptance. :D however, your problem if im correct started from this point.

here's what you can do: first, you need to perform and get rid of the average performance of yours, try to excel, theres no way to put you in better bargaining position than through this. forget the entry level. this is past already. your concern now is how to get a raise that is within the industry norm. if you have something to back up your argument of salary raise then it is your performance.

on your follow-up query on the fair percentage. actually in this sense fairness is somewhat subjective for it solely rely on the condition. some place 10% on top of their basic but i wont suggest that you may go beyond 10% or lower than 10%. the thing is you asked the company if how much is the job offer. normally company would share this information only then you can compute how much do you want. maybe you could include also the inflation rate if you want to.

thanks hope i can help.

hmmm this thread is not rolling again! well this is a nice sign. this means the labor force is contented as of the moment. i hope so.

i have some facts that you people can ponder upon again. they say it pays to be rich. maybe or maybe not but take a look at our education. today it is no longer a guarantee that once you have a diploma it will lead you to good life. maybe or maybe not. figures show that among the graduates only 30% was able to land a job the rest were bracketed under the category of under or unemployed status and of these 30% who have succesfully landed a job 80% comes from the higher middle to upper level schools i.e. ateneo, la salle and others. 20% are being shared by middle lower schools. a sad fact again.

• 2 weeks later...

may kumalat pong email d2 s company namin ganito po :

ano po b talaga ang ibig ipahiwatig nito....

==========

According to this memo, Benefits are excluded in taxable income.. Para malinawagan at maintindihan natin,, Pls read on. And collaborate w/ your colleagues..

WARNING: Find this message offensive, then simply deletes it. Neither **** nor the sender doesn’t hold responsible nor accountable for its propagation.

Republic Act No. 7833

AN ACT TO EXCLUDE THE BENEFITS MANDATED PURSUANT TO REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6686 AND PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 851, AS AMENDED, AND OTHER BENEFITS FROM THE COMPUTATION OF GROSS COMPENSATION INCOME FOR PURPOSES OF DETERMINING TAXABLE COMPENSATION INCOME, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE SECTION 28(B)(8) OF THE NATIONAL INTERNAL REVENUE CODE, AS AMENDED.

SECTION 1. A new sub-paragraph to be known as sub-paragraph (F) is hereby inserted at the end of Section 28(B)(8) of the National Internal Revenue Code, as amended, which shall read as follows:

"(F) 13th month pay and other benefits.

"(i) Benefits received by officials and employees of the national and local governments pursuant to Republic Act No. 6686;

chan robles virtual law library

"(ii) Benefits received by employees pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 851, as amended by Memorandum Order No. 28, dated August 13, 1986;

"(iii) Benefits received by officials and employees not covered by Presidential Decree No. 851, as amended; and

"(iv) Other benefits such as productivity incentives and Christmas bonus in an amount not exceeding Twelve thousand pesos (P12,000) which shall be integrated in the 13th month pay solely for purposes of this Act."

"Provided, however, That the exclusion shall only apply to the first Thirty thousand pesos (P30,000)."

Sec. 2. The exclusion herein provided shall cover benefits paid or accrued beginning January 1, 1994.

For purposes of reimbursing the officials or employees who may have received the benefits covered by this Act before its effectivity, the withholding agents are hereby authorized not to deduct the withholding taxes in the immediately succeeding payroll periods corresponding to the amount previously withheld from the benefits.

Sec. 3. The Secretary of Finance shall, upon the recommendation of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue, promulgate the necessary rules and regulations for the effective implementation of the provision of this Act.

Sec. 4. All laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations and other issuances inconsistent with this Act are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.

Sec. 5. This Act shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its complete publication in the Official Gazette or in any two (2) newspapers of general circulation, whichever comes earlier.

Approved: December 8, 1994

tanong lan, nasa labor code ba ounce you sign your regularization, a 10% of your salalry will be added?

good day!

sorry medyo late ang response ko dito. actually walang nakasaad sa batas tungkol sa 10% additional pag maging regular ang tao. ang nakasaad dun nga dapat ang sahod ng mga taong tinatanggap ng isang kompanya dapat aabot o higit pa sa current minimum wage law at dapat ang lahat na benepisyo na karapat dapat ay matanggap sa manggagawang ito.

tungkol sa 10% increase naging industry practice yan. karamihan sa mga kompanya nagbigay ng incentive o kaya karagdagang benefits at isa na ito. minsan hindi 10% ang ibinigay minsan tataas pa o mas mababa pa depende na yun sa evaluation at benefit policy ng kompanya.

sana nakatulong ako. thanks!