Coolest Decade To Live In?

• 1 month later...

The sixties were the turning point with a lot of things in history. The marcos regime, the plaza miranda bombings, man on the moon, JFK assassinated. LSD as the fad. smoking pot was nothing.

the beatles at he height of their career.

flower power. In pinas the PHILCAG went to south vietnam!!!

Edited by Wyld
  • 2 weeks later...

I would say the best was the 1970s. I never really experienced it (with me being born at the tailend of it) but looking back through history, they were indeed much more interesting times.

Music-wise, the explosion of talent and musical quality and diversity is unequalled by any decade afterwards or before. The 70s was also Martial Law in the Philippines. There was a genuine opportunity to fight and die fighting an authoritarian regime. And the SEX. I honestly think people in the 70s were a lot more liberated than we in the 21st century are (though we're catching up).

Despite that, things were less-complicated then. No internet, no cellphones, no overly complex computer systems that you need a 30-hour course to study.

• 1 year later...

40's where the world changed because of WW2, It woudve been interesting to experience the live today you may be dead tomorrow kind of deal since I was always facinated by the history of WW2. Had I been there I may have joined theArmed Forces heck even be at Normandy.

80's music was excellent, minus the glitters, hairspray and hairdo so high youd need a building permit and those shoulder pads taht make you look like a cross dressing football player, everything back then seemed so sunny and optimistic. music was catchy, upbeat, and cheerful, not like todays music. Ever wonder why some recording artist kept on rehashing his/her own version of mostly 80's tune :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...