Golden State Warriors

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen Curry is the s@%t. He is the best basketball player on the planet right now. He made an otherworldly 12 three-pointers out of 16 attempts. That shot against the Thunder to win it is one for the books and will be written eventually in Warriors lore.

This guy is just unbelievable...fantastic shot from way beyond the 3-point line...i saw him shoot several more 3 pointers from way beyond the arc. Steph just makes it so easy.

What a game by Curry. record tying 12 3ptm. Breaking his own record for most 3ptm in a season with still 24 games left in the season. Just after last game's breaking of Kyle Korver's consecutive games with a 3 point shot made. And to top it all up...a game winning 3 point shot near the half court. Stephen Curry is simply out of this world. #videogamestats

All it takes is the right coach to bring out the best in him and the team. Honestly, who'll be a Warriors fan if Mark Jackson was still the coach?

Curry would still be turnover prone and they still would nit have won a title.

Like someone recently said, was anyone not living in the Bay area a fan? Everyone's pretty recently jump on the Curry/Warriors bandwagon only.

All it takes is the right coach to bring out the best in him and the team. Honestly, who'll be a Warriors fan if Mark Jackson was still the coach?

Curry would still be turnover prone and they still would nit have won a title.

Like someone recently said, was anyone not living in the Bay area a fan? Everyone's pretty recently jump on the Curry/Warriors bandwagon only.

Living in the Bay Area. Been a long suffering fan for a long time. Not suffering anymore!

Edited by jtaq

Living in the Bay Area. Been a long suffering fan for a long time. Not suffering anymore!

Congratulation dude! You're one of the few suffering fans deserving of praise for not leaving your team.

I do hope GSW beat the Bulls' record and win the title.

Either way, would be glad if SAS wins it also

2 good coached teams. Should be fun to watch their series should they meet in the semis.

Pop would salivate at the chance to coach against Kerr.

It's not that long ago that everyone was concerned that Steph Curry won't even realize his full potential because of his troublesome ankle woes. I think everyone knows at this point that opposing teams have to keep up with the offensive pace of the Warriors while they make the Warriors beat them by mid-range 2-point shots. Therefore not letting the Warriors shoot the 3. Which is easier said, than done.

Some Hall of Fame Legends and former NBA players took a dig at the Warriors and what they think about their season.
Oscar Robertson has some interesting takes on Warriors, state of NBA

Oscar Robertson, who appeared on Mike and Mike on ESPN and basically ran down Stephen Curry and the Warriors.

Here's what he had to say on defensive strategies implemented by coaches in today's NBA (transcript from NJ.com):

"If I've got a guy who's great shooting the ball outside, don't you want to extend your defense out a little bit?" the 77-year-old Big O said Thursday during a phone interview on ESPN's Mike & Mike show. "I just don't think coaches today in basketball understand the game of basketball. They don't know anything about defenses. They don't know what people are doing on the court. They talk about analytical basketball and stuff like that."

"They double-teamed me an awful lot during my career," said Robertson, who in 1960-61 became the first and only player in league history to average a triple double. "I look at games today, and they'll start a defense at the foul line. When I played, they were picking you up when you got the ball inbounds. So it's a different strategy about playing defense."

"The Big O" on Curry's dominance and the state of basketball:

"He's shot well because of what's going on in basketball today," Robertson said. "In basketball today, it's almost like if you can dunk or make a 3-point shot, you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

"There have been some great shooters in the past. ... But here again, when I played years ago, if you shot a shot outside and hit it, the next time I'm going to be up on top of you. I'm going to pressure you with three-quarters, half-court defense. But now they don't do that. These coaches do not understand the game of basketball, as far as I'm concerned."

And lastly, Robertson obviously suggested that the modern game is trash.

"I think Golden State and some other teams play very well, but look at the game of basketball," he said. "They run one play. Well, maybe two plays. They've got a high-pick with the center, then the shooters run baseline trying to get open with blocks from the forwards. I mean that's it. You don't see hardly any reverse plays at all, no double screens, no weak side and whatnot."

Another Hall of Famer, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, concurs. as he was asked about Robertson's comments during a game between the LA Lakers and the Memphis Grizzlies

"I think Steph Curry can absolutely shoot the lights out, but its true that the physical play really made it difficult to make jumpshots from that far out."

Other ex NBA players also took a dig at the Warriors.

Cedric Ceballos: 1993-94 Suns could beat Warriors today

Cedric Ceballos told Fox Sports Radio that his 1993-94 Suns, a conference semifinalist, would beat the Warriors in a playoff series.

Ceballos was asked if his best team could beat this year’s Golden State team in a playoff series. Ceballos chose the 1993-94 Suns, his best season in Phoenix with 19.1 points per game.

“Oh easy,” Ceballos said of beating Golden State. “Warriors have to go with our ’93-94 team with (Charles) Barkley, (Dan) Majerle, (Danny) Ainge, K.J. (Kevin Johnson), Tom Chambers. Don’t get me wrong, Draymond (Green) is playing unbelievable but he wouldn’t do anything with Charles Barkley. It would be so ridiculous what that guy would get done to him. If you don’t believe me, just ask everyone else at his size who can move that tried to guard the guy back in the day.”

Chambers did not play for the Suns in the 1993-94 season, when he was with Utah, so Ceballos might have meant the Suns' 1992-93 NBA Finals team.

Ceballos’ comments follow Hall of Fame player Oscar Robertson’s assertion that Golden State’s Stephen Curry has thrived because modern coaches “don’t know anything about defenses” and he is not pressured enough.

Ceballos said Kevin Johnson would have given Curry trouble.

“Steph Curry, unbelievable shooter, but he (Kevin Johnson) was a point guard’s nightmare because he was so strong and he loved going to the basket. That’s one thing these teams don’t do: they do not expose Steph and the way he plays defense.

“I don’t think we would have a problem with this Golden State team.”

Even former Golden State Warrior and NBA Champion Stephen Jackson took a jab at the Warriors. I watched these comments of Captain Jack on the NBA show on ESPN "The Jump"

Stephen Jackson says his Warriors could beat Steph Curry's Warriors
By Matt Moore | NBA writer

February 25, 2016 6:45 pm ET

Apparently it's "give us your best hot takes on the Warriors" day. First we had Oscar Robertson talking about how Golden State is only good because the defense is bad, and now a former Warrior is making noise.

On Rachel Nichols' new show The Jump on ESPN on Thursday, former Golden State Warriors wing Stephen Jackson said that he thinks his Warriors team, the 2006-07, No. 8 seed, "We Believe" Warriors team that upset the Mavericks in the first round and made the second round once in his time there, would beat this season's Golden State team.

"My Warriors team would beat today’s Warriors team,” said “Stack Jack,” who emphasized his point by stabbing the desk with his index finger. “I guarantee that.

“They’re great, don’t get me wrong, Not taking that from them, but we would beat them. We had more heart.”

While former players Rip Hamilton and Raja Bell took a different dig on Steph Curry's "showboating" and what they would do.

NBA Crossover: Why does Curry get a pass for showboating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30mg1VvBEcI

= I watched the OKC game and i observed a bunch of things that the Thunder were doing that was effective against the Warriors. The thing is, they went away from it. The last 4 minutes of regulation, they played differently than the previous 44 minutes, that and KD fouling out ultimately changed the outcome of the game.

There were things I also noticed about Steph that the Warriors were hiding, and the Thunder didn't take advantage of the whole game.

- Also there was an internal conflict within the team that wasn't being reported too much because the team has been winning. Gotta hand it to that team for doing a great job in avoiding or letting that kind of stuff leak out, but it did show in that game against the Thunder. It will show again since its a bad seed that's gonna grow as the team continues to become successful or they lose and that kind of stuff will creep up again.

Congratulation dude! You're one of the few suffering fans deserving of praise for not leaving your team.

I do hope GSW beat the Bulls' record and win the title.

Either way, would be glad if SAS wins it also

2 good coached teams. Should be fun to watch their series should they meet in the semis.

Pop would salivate at the chance to coach against Kerr.

Yes, it would be great to beat the Bulls' record and also have back to back titles. The Warriors and the Spurs would make an interesting and competitive matchup.

Not jumping into the bandwagon but I already liked the Warriors since the days of Baron Davis, Monta Ellis and Jason Richardson. In the 2007 playoffs, they were the no. 8 seed, going up against the Mavs. If I can remember it right, nasweep nila ang Mavs. But they were eliminated in the second round by the Jazz, 4-1. The nice thing about the Warriors is that they're having fun while playing. And also the crowd. Super lakas at supportive.

Not jumping into the bandwagon but I already liked the Warriors since the days of Baron Davis, Monta Ellis and Jason Richardson. In the 2007 playoffs, they were the no. 8 seed, going up against the Mavs. If I can remember it right, nasweep nila ang Mavs. But they were eliminated in the second round by the Jazz, 4-1. The nice thing about the Warriors is that they're having fun while playing. And also the crowd. Super lakas at supportive.

Damn right Brother! Still not a GSW fan but glad to see an supporter thru thick & thin