Golden State Warriors

Agreed what you have said here. It goes to show that regardless of your record you cannot be complacent. Green will learn from this and be more mature next time. Barnes was really missing so not sure about his status. Kyrie was just too much! Bet there will be a lot of trades involved. Sana naman mas sumaya PBA and Gilaas proves itself to be a team to be reckoned with.

amen, bro. if they meet again in the future, hopefully they have the same core of players but with a more mature mentality. the warriors need to have their egos checked. they may have let their fans down, bandwagonners and loyals, but the biggest people they have let down are themselves. they could have won it all a few games ago.

I appreciate what these 2 teams have done. They reinvigorated passion in all of us. I need to apologize to anyone in this thread if I offended anyone with all my comments. I will still support the warriors today and in the future as I have supported them when Chris Webber rocked the airmax and Baron Davis humiliated Jason Terry and the Mavs. LeBron needs to be congratulated and applauded for never giving up. His growth as a player and a person is astonishing. His Cavs are a dynasty in the making(if ever team owners will allow another dynasty). Steph Curry on the other hand still has maturing to do. He is not even in his prime. The best of Curry is yet to come, even with all the records he has set. I bet he can set more records in the future but let us not put that much pressure on the guy. Until then, this is the LeBron era. Fresh off of the Kobe retirement tour. I will savor it until I see the LeBron farewell season.

but I am moving on. I have a lot of sports to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think you should blame it on Steve Kerr. He's the one who wanted them to rest and not too get themselves too tired. It was the players who wanted to break it. He spoke with them about not playing some games but the players were insistent on playing. I've been following them throughout the season.

This shouldn't even be used as an excuse why they lost, if players want to play all 82 games i say let them. The reason why pop is resting his players is because they're old. If they want to take a page, they should take a page from MJ. if you look at MJ's career even during his career in his late 30's the guy played all 82 games. What rest? That's dedication and focus on your craft. This whole resting players has been taken too far. There was also an article where a fan was disappointed because he wasn't able to see his favorite player Kevin Durant because he sat out of the game. Some fans only get a bunch of chances to see the players they like play and this whole business of resting them even if they're not injured is ridiculous to me.

Here is one of the articles back in April when Kerr was asked about the possibility of resting players.

Kerr wants Warriors to rest, Steph Curry, Draymond Green disagree

Steve Kerr wants to rest some of the Warriors key players before the season ends but will discuss it with his team.

The Golden State Warriors have only three more games left before their historic regular season comes to a close. And by defeating the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, the Warriors clinched the No. 1 seed in the West and have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs, including the Finals -- a monumental advantage for the Warriors as they try to repeat as champions.

Winning another championship has been the main goal all season but they are also only three wins away from breaking the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls record for single-season wins. This is a big dilemma for Warriors coach Steve Kerr.

He wants to rest some of his key players before the start of the playoffs so they can be healthy for another championship run in the postseason. But Kerr also knows his players want to break the record and that will become much harder if stars like Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson are rested.

Hoping to resolve this issue, Kerr told reporters Thursday that he will have a discussion with his team about rest. A conversation that Curry, Green and other Warriors players believe isn't worth having since they want to break the record.

From ESPN's Ethan Sherwood Strauss:

With the Warriors so close to breaking the record, it is hard to see Kerr resting players for an entire game but could rest key players for longer stretches during the final three games.

With the Golden State Warriors having wrapped up the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, coach Steve Kerr said he is leaning toward resting his players but that the team will meet to discuss the issue.

“We are going to talk about it tomorrow,” Kerr said Thursday night after the Warriors’ 112-101 win over the San Antonio Spurs, their 70th victory of the season. “We’ve been putting it off for as long as we were able to, which was until we got the 1-seed. Now that we have that, I’m inclined to give some guys some rest if they need it, but I’ve sort of made a pact with the guys that if they are not banged up and they are not tired and if they want to go for this record or whatever then — so we got to talk.”

All-Star forward Draymond Green said he thinks most of his teammates are aiming for the wins record over rest.

“Think about the year we’ve had: started 24-0, haven’t lost two in a row all year, have had several streaks of seven-plus wins in a row, yet we’re still sitting here needing three in a row,” Green said. “That tells you how hard this is to do.

“So to get this far and kind of just tank it and say, ‘Aw, never mind.’ … Let’s face it, we probably will never get to this point again. That’s why it’s only been done one time. I think most guys in the locker room are all-in, and we’ll figure that out this weekend.”

All-Star guard Klay Thompson was direct about what his decision will be, telling ESPN, “I’m not going to rest.”

“I’m only 26. When I’m 36, I’ll be looking to rest more,” he later told the assembled media.

Forward Harrison Barnes echoed that sentiment, saying, “I’m 23, so I’ve got no problem playing the rest of these games, and we’ll go from there.”

Reigning MVP Stephen Curry said the Warriors aren’t finished yet.

“We wanted to take care of tonight and clinch home court for the playoffs, was a goal of ours,” Curry said. “With three games left and 73 still there, it’s obviously a lot to play for.”

This is probably the most likely scenario as it is a win-win for both Kerr and his players. Kerr can challenge the starters to build a large lead early in a game, which will then allow him to rest them once it turns into a blowout victory. That way the Warriors can still go after the record while also getting in some rest before the postseason starts.

Of course this is easier said than done, especially since Golden State has to play San Antonio one more time. But it is the best solution for Kerr and the Warriors with just three games left in the regular season.

Edited by hahnz

Well the good thing is, there is a chance to do 73-9 again and win all the way

It's true, Just saw the post game interviews of Green and Curry. They learned from their mistakes and they are definitely going to be improve (team and individually) once the season starts. As Draymond mentioned in the interview, it wasn't a totally bad season, they broke records its just they didn't win the championship. They promised to be back.

post-481684-0-39283400-1466511044_thumb.jpg

The Golden State Warriors have just suffered a heart breaker in the NBA Finals. They lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 7 to decide who would take home the championship. With the finals officially over, the Warriors are now putting their full attention to their upcoming off season. Management has said they want to make some big moves this summer. According to NBC Sports, one of the moves they are interested in making is convincing Dirk Nowitzki to join the Warriors next season.

The Golden State Warriors will have plenty of cap space to sign a big name star. At the end of the regular season, many people are expecting the Warriors to go after Kevin Durant during free agency. Signing Durant this summer might be out of the question, since the former Texas Longhorns star is expected to command the maximum contract. A cheaper option for the Warriors could be Dirk Nowitzki. The All-Star is opting out of his current contract with the Dallas Mavericks.

post-481684-0-90174100-1466511072_thumb.jpg

Many people are expecting Dirk Nowitzki to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks this summer; the All-Star reportedly doesn’t have any interest in leaving the Mavericks as of right now. If Mark Cuban can’t improve the Mavericks roster, however, Nowitzki could go chase an NBA Championship next season. He might opt to sign with another team that can help him compete for another ring. He just turned 38-years-old this month. Nowitzki’s NBA career is coming close to an end.

Dirk Nowitzki and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban are extremely close to one another. Cuban is the type of person who would not hold it against Nowitzki if he decided to join another team to chase an NBA Championship. Nowitzki has been very loyal to Cuban and the Mavericks. He took several pay cuts to help the team sign other star players. The past two summers, the Mavericks were able to sign Chandler Parsons and Wesley Matthews.

post-481684-0-53137900-1466511094_thumb.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki proved that he still has enough left in the tank to be a very efficient player in the NBA. This season, he averaged 18.3 points and 6.5 rebounds per game in 31.5 minutes. Nowitzki shot 44.8 percent from the field and 36.8 percent from beyond the arc. If he were to sign with the Golden State Warriors, the All-Star would be coming off the bench.

If the Golden State Warriors are able to convince Dirk Nowitzki to sign with them, they would bolster one of the best benches in the entire NBA. The Warriors would have Nowitzki, Andre Iguodala, and Shaun Livingston. Iguodala has proven that he is still playing at a high level on both sides of the ball. He is a shut down defender and a facilitator on offense. Livingston is a smart player who can take advantage of the opposing team’s point guard. He is a very player with a lot of depth, who can play multiple positions. Nowitzki would be the scorer off the bench. He has one of the best, if not the best, fadeways in the NBA.

post-481684-0-10143700-1466511109_thumb.jpg

Draymond Green would help take the load off of Dirk Nowitzki on the defensive end of the court. Nowitzki wouldn’t be required to put in a lot of effort on defense. The Golden State Warriors have one of the best defenses in the NBA. The addition of Nowitzki would make the Warriors even more dangerous on offense next season.

Dirk Nowitzki is expected to be a free agent this upcoming summer. Everyone is expecting Nowitzki to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks in free agency. That could change, though, if Mark Cuban can’t improve the roster. The Golden State Warriors are expected to make a big push to sign Nowitzki this summer. They would give him a chance to compete for another NBA Championship right away.

LeBron Hilariously Trolled the Warriors With His Outfit

post-481684-0-00151600-1466687573_thumb.jpg

June 20, 2016

Warrriorrrsssssssss, come out to plaaaaaaaay.

LeBron James is currently on a high few athletes have probably ever been on. He promised to win a title in Cleveland, and not only did he do it—he did it in the most heroic way possible. (Steph Curry is going to have nightmares about LeBron sonning him via block for months.) As a result, today the entire internet is basically just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPooDiY4tt8

And though he's been humble and grateful for his entire career, when boarding the plane in Cleveland today, 'Bron was anything but. Sporting an Ultimate Warrior T-shirt (yup, he went there) and Kermit the Frog meme hat (double went there), LeBron James became the king of petty.

post-481684-0-46472200-1466687517_thumb.jpg

Not that we're mad at it. Like we said, the guy just gave his city a championship for the first time since the mid '60s! That's 20 years before LeBron himself was born! So we say let the guy have fun. If the Warriors didn't want this slam dunk troll to take place, maybe they should have closed out the Cavs in game five, or game six, or game seven. But that's none of our business, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKTyUd9on8

Ultimate iyakin.... hindi warrior hehehe

Let us see next season kung makakabalik sila sa championship... if the warriors will be intact, most probably it will lead to a 3rd straight finals appearance

Sayang din yung pagkawala ni Bogut. His backup centers are playing like inexperienced "babies". Not an excuse though. Pero sayang pa rin.

Like i've said before, warriors need a center who is a monster off the boards and can protect the rim against players like irving, lillard and even lebron. sayang si bogut...just as when gsw needed him, nagkaroon pa ng injury. Di kayabni draymond na nag-iisa. i hope they can get whiteside or biyombo.

Edited by *badass*
  • Like (+1) 1

Sources: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder get first Kevin Durant meetings

post-481684-0-73393900-1466840785_thumb.jpg

The Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and incumbent Oklahoma City Thunder are the first three known teams to secure face-to-face meetings with free agent-to-be Kevin Durant, starting next weekend, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the list of teams that get to pitch Durant directly will grow before NBA free agency officially commences July 1 at 12:01 a.m. ET, but the list of confirmed suitors for now features the Thunder and their two main rivals in the Western Conference.

The Warriors and Spurs, sources say, are both already planning to load a plane full of key organizational figures -- including Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson for Golden State, and Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan for San Antonio -- to fly to an undisclosed location once free-agency season starts to try to lure Durant away from the only franchise he has ever played for.

Expected to sit alongside Durant at the forthcoming meetings, sources say, is his agent Rich Kleiman and selected family members and friends.

After Oklahoma City lost to Golden State in the Western Conference finals, ESPN reported that the most likely scenario for Durant this summer was staying with the Thunder on a two-year deal that includes a player option after Year 1 that would allow him to return to free agency in July 2017 alongside teammate Russell Westbrook.

But the Warriors, sources say, increasingly believe their chances of convincing Durant to leave the Thunder after a successful 10-season run were enhanced significantly by the fact that Golden State lost the NBA Finals to Cleveland in seven games despite taking a 3-1 series lead.

The Warriors would have to relinquish a number of looming free agents, including Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli, and at least one more significant contract -- such as Andrew Bogut or Andre Iguodala -- to create sufficient salary-cap space to sign Durant. But as ESPN reported earlier this week, Golden State is "all-in" on a Durant pursuit.

"All I can say is I will be very aggressive," Warriors owner Joe Lacob vowed on his way out of Oracle Arena after Game 7.

Other teams hopeful of getting their own opportunity to make a recruiting pitch to 2016's most coveted free agent but whose status is not yet known include the Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.

The Houston Rockets have long planned to chase Durant in free agency, but when Durant and Rockets star James Harden were spotted spending time together earlier this month, sources said the Rockets are not expected to get serious consideration as a destination from Durant.

Sources say Durant's hometown Washington Wizards are likewise pessimistic about their chances of emerging as a real factor in the Durant sweepstakes, despite the recent hiring of former Thunder coach Scott Brooks.