Unknown Good Movies

Liberal Arts

This was featured in the 2012 Sundance Festival that usually shows up-and-coming indie or non-commercial film makers with unusual themes and quirky characters that are not bounded by the concept of going commercial and aiming for box office. This movie is somewhat a romantic comedy that deals about a relationship with more than a decade age gap (16 years to be precise), reading books or passion for literature, classical music, alienation and cynicism to real life after graduation. This movie somewhat reminds me of this special someone who is literally addicted to reading books, I think she'd get some free tips here that a good book is great, but sometimes its better to spend your life living in it that dreaming of it or spending the rest of your day reading books instead of interacting with real people :P Oh, and I do find the lead actress, Elizabeth Olsen (younger sister of the famous Olsen twins) as scorching hot errr okay, nerdy hot then :rolleyes:

post-263321-0-64499500-1368188628.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dan in Real Life, a comedy-drama starring Steve Carell - strangely attractive in this film - and Juliette Binoche who had been missing from mainstream movies since Chocolat. Sweet, unexpected, and authentic in its treatment of romance, it's the kind of love story that quickly but quietly grows on you.

Just finished watching this movie today and am somewhat drawn to the story as it involves a strained relationship and a bond between a father and daughter. Guess I could relate to some parts of the movie especially at some point in my life. The performance is also compelling enough and not over the top. Oh, John Heder plays a lawyer here (he played the lead role in Napoleon Dynamite) and am having a hard time picturing him out in some serious role *grins* Boy am I glad for Sundance festival movies B)

post-263321-0-28630500-1369381740.jpg

Edited by Droidz1979
  • 2 weeks later...

A documentary about a 70's musician who released 2 albums that did not sell well in America but became bigger than the Beatles in South Africa and became a soundtrack for the anti-Apartheid movement without him knowing. His whereabouts was traced by 2 south africans and bought him there to some sold-out arenas to conduct concerts. A brilliant musician and a feel-good movie out of the Sundance festival.

post-263321-0-69207200-1370654281.jpg

Edited by Droidz1979

I could give a lot of titles but it would take me some hours. :D Kidding.

1. My Neighbor Totoro

2. Spirited Away

3. 50/50

4. Bad Education

5. City of God

6. Before Sunrise, Before Sunset

7. Love Actually

8. Amores Perros

9. Note On Scandal

10. Irreversible

11. Maria Full of Grace

12. The Magdalene Sisters

13. Science of Sleep

14. 100

15. Senior Year

16. Astig

17. The Pianist

18. Trainspoting

19. Chungking Express

20. In the Mood for Love

21. 2046

22. Amelie

23. Sound of Noise

24. Infernal Affairs

25. Little Miss Sunshine

For now, these are the titles I could think of . Hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

Movies by Charlie Chaplin like "The Kid", his Hitler movie and his movie about the industrial age. forgot the titles now. google nyo na lang "chaplin filmography". Chaplin was a true genius, ahead of his time.

I believe the movies you are referring to are The Great Dictator and Modern Times

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moonrise Kingdom

Another quirky indie-movie romcom with a great ensemble of supporting actors in Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray and Fraces McDormand. However, the star of the movie belongs to its young stars in Jared Gilman as Sam Shakusky and Kara Hayward as Suzy Bishop where the story revolves around a young and forbidden love between the two.

post-263321-0-07002300-1376112606.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could give a lot of titles but it would take me some hours. :D Kidding.

1. My Neighbor Totoro

2. Spirited Away

3. 50/50

4. Bad Education

5. City of God

6. Before Sunrise, Before Sunset

7. Love Actually

8. Amores Perros

9. Note On Scandal

10. Irreversible

11. Maria Full of Grace

12. The Magdalene Sisters

13. Science of Sleep

14. 100

15. Senior Year

16. Astig

17. The Pianist

18. Trainspoting

19. Chungking Express

20. In the Mood for Love

21. 2046

22. Amelie

23. Sound of Noise

24. Infernal Affairs

25. Little Miss Sunshine

For now, these are the titles I could think of . Hehe.

nice list