where in subic was he able to buy a labrador for 3k? bibili din ako!!

dunno yet, il ask my bro. i think the 3k price was not a deal bet friends coz twas a referral parang mlm hehe. i was thinkin maybe the labrador pup was a cross bet a mongrel and a lab, mas lamang nga lang traits ng lab.

to jt2003: complete na ba shots ng dachsunds mo? me papers na din ba?

Shumimasen, hindi pa complete ang shots. Hindi pa puede kasi puppy pa. They're supposed to get their first shots (combination, parvo) at six weeks then every three weeks thereafter until they're 18 weeks. At 18 weeks, puede nang annual, plus anti-rabies. That's why tumataas ang price the longer the dog stays with me. Yung iba nga they sell their pups at four months so they don't have to give the initial shots. Yung annual na lang. Of course they take the risk of the pup contracting some disease, the worst being parvo. Me, I want my pups to be protected during all the time they're with me. And yes, may papers. Yung litter ticket from PCCI.

Edited by jt2003
ningas kugon?

mlm's are just like any business - as long as you work, you'll make money. there are exceptions of course who don't work too hard at all yet make a decent supplement to their income (i'm one of them).

racket kung racket but it's legal and i'm not screwing anybody over so who am i to complain?

i'm not an mlm cultist by the way - i don't speak at those meetings nor do i attend them. i have a regular business and the mlm cash is just extra cash i get periodically. i try to diversify so that when business is bad (like it is now), i'm not sweating.

to the thread starter, if you have extra cash right now, why not buy blue chip stocks? everything is so cheap right now.

party on!

So, what's the fastest and/or cheapest way (or minimum) to start investing on stocks? (online/traditional)

how much does ur borker charge?

Is there stock market thread?...hehe :D

wala bang magsu-suggest ng Mutual Funds dyan? ;)

Edited by umbertoeklat
I used to invest in stocks on-line. Did quite well, but I put it on-hold for months because of the tension in Iraq. Now I'm considering investiing again. It's usually speculative. I had a really good run in 2001. Annualized, I earned somewhere near 40%. Bigla kasi nag-surge yung market. Had I waited two more days, I could have earned even more. Of course smallbie lang ako. Had I invested millions then (as if I had even a million!), I could have made a real killing!

JT,

Pano ba magtrade ng stocks online, what bank do you use? How much is their fee?, Can I trust these brokers with my money? PM me naman. I'd like to learn on-line trading.

Thanks,

Miksmaniac

Miksmanic, let me know through this thread if you got my PM. If not, I'll try to PM you again. I just keep getting mail error messages. I could post the information, which is really no secret. I'm just not sure if the moderators would take kindly to a bank getting extra publicity through MTC.

Miksmaniac, pilyo, I'll try to PM the information, ngayon mismo.  I just hope I don't get mail error messages again.

tenks chek ko kung dumating ung pm mo. pwede mo ba pm sakin contact no mo para kung sakali pa2ro ako sayo? tenks :P

Edited by Macy

I think I'll have to post the information here, without mentioning the bank, so the mods won't be angry with me. I just can't get any PMs through.

To start trading online, you'll need at least 50k. That's the initial investment needed to open a direct account. It's standard, I believe, whether it's traditional or on-line trading. But that 50k is an initial investment, not a maintaining balance. The bank I deal with charges 0.25 percent per transaction. There are also taxes, which are withheld. The bank I deal with also requires you to have a settlement account. This is where they send any money you want withdrawn from your direct (trading account).

To start trading, you have to first open a direct account. You fill up a form on-line, print it, then submit it to any branch. You'll be informed through e-mail about your account number and what you have to do to activate it. Once your account is activated, you can start trading.

Trading is easy, as far as process is concerned. You can click on the stock and see the last price and the market value, then you place an order at a particular price. What kills you is that when you actually make a purchase, say, at P0.22, then you see at the end of the day that the market price has dropped to P0.19. It happened to me.

After that, I made it a point to study the charts at one site which gives charts on local stocks. When I see that a stock has dropped so low compared to its price a year before, I begin thinking of investing in that stock. It worked out several times. Made a killing, like I said, but no big bucks since I'm a smallbie. But it's really a win-some-lose-some thing. Sometimes, you do lose. I thought I was going to make money out of AC, but lost a lot instead. On the other hand, I did make some money with other stocks, like ALI.

Hope that helps.

By means of a postscript, I don't think anyone should get into stock trading with their life savings, or some amount that would have been otherwise used for tuition, house improvements, or other really, really important matters. Just too risky, too unpredictable. It can work out, but only with money you're actually willing to lose, if the case dictates.

ginny, schizo, bakit tayo nalipat dito?  Di ba dapat nasa alak thread tayo?

Me, I need money to support my bisyo.

But I think one of our friends is right.  With the war in Iraq over, it may be time to get into the stock market again.

alam nyo baliktad kayo!

dapat bumili kayo nung nagkakagyera o malapit palang magka-giyera...

anyway, d pa naman huli (may sars pa naman eh!) so go out and buy then.

Let me put it this way. In 2001, I invested in stocks through on-line trading. Then came the US invasion of Afghanistan. The market plunged, with the index dropping below 1000. My 50k (the minimum needed to open an account), dropped to nearly 30k as far as stock value was concerned. I had to wait months just to recover my investment and and a little more to make a little profit. So I was a bit more cautious this time. During the Iraq war, I waited, watching the market. What happened during the war in Afghanistan didn't happen. The index never dropped below 1000. Stocks held somehow, but remained cheap.

Yes, I should have bought stocks then. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that most of us just don't know everything.

kaya nga sabi ko right b4 d war (kasi pabagsak na market nun) or during and directly after the war.

sure ball naman mag-rebound market eh (esp after a disaster, war, etc)... pattern na yan!

technique ng mga sanay na d2 is that they buy low, then sell high.

bargain hunting pa nga tawag nila d2 eh...

sayang nga eh wala akong pera to buy stocks b4/during the afgan war.

pero true... you can never know everything

Edited by Macy
Hmm... THAT.. makes a lot of sense pards. ;)

Now I know what to tell people who's been so negative about our business w/c we have just opened..  :wizard:

d ko sure kung sarcastic ka o seryoso ka...

pero totoo sinabi ko... d2 lang sa cavite eh may robinsons (pala pala) na ginagawa, then another malaking sm (malapit lang sa robinsons).

so if the market is down (theorethically) dapat d sila nag-eexpand.

i asked someone "inside" sm and robinson (property manager sya and malapiut sa 2 yan) sabi nga nila masarap bumili ng property ngayon kasi mura.

then i have another inside info na along molino blvd and matang hari hi-way halos lahat pag-aari na daw ng mga govt officials...well daw yun since i cant verify this pero wala din akong makuha na property along those 2 roads.

incase anyone wants to know cavite lahat ng mga lugar na to ha.

Edited by Macy
ningas kugon?

mlm's are just like any business - as long as you work, you'll make money. there are exceptions of course who don't work too hard at all yet make a decent supplement to their income (i'm one of them).

racket kung racket but it's legal and i'm not screwing anybody over so who am i to complain?

i'm not an mlm cultist by the way - i don't speak at those meetings nor do i attend them. i have a regular business and the mlm cash is just extra cash i get periodically. i try to diversify so that when business is bad (like it is now), i'm not sweating.

to the thread starter, if you have extra cash right now, why not buy blue chip stocks? everything is so cheap right now.

party on!

So, what's the fastest and/or cheapest way (or minimum) to start investing on stocks? (online/traditional)

how much does ur borker charge?

Is there stock market thread?...hehe :D

wala bang magsu-suggest ng Mutual Funds dyan? ;)

tol,

why dont you ask a broker instead d2 sa mtc?

you could get better info pag broker eh...

but like everything else on this planet... pumili ka ng matinong broker may mga gago din kasing brokers eh.

Edited by Macy
Guest fhoryou
Pahabol.

Have you thought of breeding dogs, especially the larger breeds?  A golden retriever, for instance, goes for at least 12k.  Rottweilers even more, especially if they have champ lines.

I'm a breeder myself but not out of choice.  Breeding dogs can actually be tiring.  Hirap lang kasi sila pigilan kapag in heat ang female.  But the pups they've given me have helped me through some financially difficult times.

hey have u heard about breed dogs being sold in subic that are really cheap? ive heard about my bro's friend who was able to buy a labrador for 3k, well no papers but anyone here heard about this?

Does these dogs have papers and well breed ba. If it is really cheap and in good quality then I'll buy a Rottwieler.

Masarap talaga mag breed ng dogs but you need space. If space is the problem then there is a way.

About bitches(female dog) in heat there is a solution. You can buy a spray or make them obedient.

Actually what you need to control is the male dogs. I got a solution obedient training.

Meron kasi ako mixed breed and this japanese spitz. Yung mixed breed obedient na kaya hindi basta basta kakasta sa female bitch. I just got a problem gusto kastahin ang pusakal namin :lol: pero ok lang hindi abot kasi maliit yung pusa.

Kaya safe ako kahit iwan ko yung japs spitz ko. You just have to be vigilante pag ilalabas mo yung female and since your the boss kelangan control mo lahat ng males.

Na discover ko lang to when I learned about the roles of alphamales kaya I used that kind of role to my dogs so I have population control diba.

Edited by Macy

Just to share my experience. The spray doesn't work. The male libido is just so strong during heat. Like I said, I don't really breed professionally. Otherwise, had I the space, separation during heat would be no problem. But my dachshunds are family. They're just my babies who, by giving me puppies, have helped me out financially over time. I also don't have an alpha male. Just one male. I have an alpha female. But having two males in one place, especially at home, is really trouble. Obedience training is OK if you have a young doggy. But my little boy is quite old.

But dog breeding, especially when you concentrate on the larger breeds, can be good business.

As for the smaller breeds, I think chowchows and shitzus are the most popular.

Is it possible if I just post the info, mods?  But I would have to identify a bank.  I'd appreciate a quick PM from any mod.

Dude, we have two common interests:

ONLINE STOCK TRADING:

What online broker are you using and through what bank did you fund it? I opened an account in Datek/Ameritrade and PointDirex kaso I haven't funded both accounts yet. Meron naman akong enough to start trading kaso I just dont know what bank to transact with. Maybe you can PM me the details if you cant post it here.

DOG BREEDING:

As a business? Hmmmmm.....not worth it for me. Unless you have a huge property and the neighbors don't mind the noise and the stink siguro okay. My brother breeds champion line Pitbulls and Black Labs kaso ang hirap ibenta talaga ng pitpups na P 15,000 each. Kaya eto ang baho na nang bahay namin.

Edited by Macy

Pareng PeterNorth,

I can't get any PMs through, so I'll just post here. Wala naman sensitive information.

I actually explored the possibility of online trading in the US markets. I got discouraged quickly. One online broker requires an initial investment of 3k (dollars!). I don't have money like that. So I stick to the local market.

I wish I could help you with your pitbulls, but I have a dachshund pup to sell myself. That's why I stick to the smaller breeds. They're more manageable. Of course, it's the larger breeds that bring in the big bucks.