Could anyone provide the process and requirements on how to patent a business name and logo?

Appreciate the help!

the right office is intellectual property office (IPO) located in buendia. i google mo na lang or you may look it up in gov.ph website. hope this helps.

Patent? I know business registration is done w the DTI. Not sure if you can patent your business name and logo.

the right office is intellectual property office (IPO) located in buendia. i google mo na lang or you may look it up in gov.ph website. hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Wizard23 and Triathlete! Isn't that you have to Patent your business name and logo when putting up a business? Or business registration with DTI will do? If business registration is the only thing needed to have an legal name and logo, how should I go about that?

Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks a lot Wizard23 and Triathlete! Isn't that you have to Patent your business name and logo when putting up a business? Or business registration with DTI will do? If business registration is the only thing needed to have an legal name and logo, how should I go about that?

Cutegwapings :blush: :upside:

The DTI registration will offer you protection in the sense that no other business will be able to use the same business name. But for the logo (as well as your business name), you can go to the Intellectual Property Office and have it registered as a trademark or service mark. It may be costly because you will have to hire a lawyer. Last time I checked, the filing fees will amount to about P6500 and the legal fees will be about P30000 (excluding official actions).

Good luck!

:zorro:

I am in a dilema of whether or not I have to secure an SSS for my small business and to cover my two employees under the same. Can anyone help me on this?

By the way, my business is registered under the Barangay Micro Business Enterprise and my 2 employees are receiving P100 per day with free meals and merienda.

I am in a dilema of whether or not I have to secure an SSS for my small business and to cover my two employees under the same. Can anyone help me on this?

By the way, my business is registered under the Barangay Micro Business Enterprise and my 2 employees are receiving P100 per day with free meals and merienda.

bro, it will not do any harm if you put them on SSS. mura lang naman yan...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
pls pls pls if someone will ask you to go venture in Home service auto painting......beware guys!

this would be of more help if the details were posted :)

anyway, does anyone have an idea of how to put up a small call center? i'm thinking of 20-30 people only.

is it even possible/feasible?

this would be of more help if the details were posted :)

anyway, does anyone have an idea of how to put up a small call center? i'm thinking of 20-30 people only.

is it even possible/feasible?

it is feasible. i know someone who started a call center for 10 seats only. lumaki na lang. ngayon nasa 80 seats na ata.

Could anyone provide the process and requirements on how to patent a business name and logo?

Appreciate the help!

Business name should be registered at DTI. Go to DTI office in your district. Logo isn't patentable. It should be registered as a trademark with the IPO. Go to www.ipophil.gov.ph.but it should be registered as business name first before trademark registration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
gud pm po! my friend and I are going to venture on a computer parts and sales business po sana. I just want to know what are the things I need together with the pros and cons po. I'm making a business plan about this I just need to get some insights.. salamat po sa mga magrereply... ^_^

You would need to estimate the most likely sales volume your business can generate, given your location and traffic (important if you are more on retail), the market you are targetting and the level of competition you will encounter. You will want to know how much initial investment you need to get the business up and running and the cost to run the business (operational costs). Other things you need - determine what kind of organization setup you need (single prop, corp, etc), a marketing plan and a lot of common sense.