The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Fame- Don't watch it

Its a waste of money. Poorly developed script that left you hanging in the end. Music that is terrible.. C'mon if that guy is the best singer in that arts school... half the Filipino population could sing better than he does. Even Hilary Duff's movie about arts school was better. It felt like they were telling too many stories at the same time and none of those stories had an ending. Bad bad movie. Don't watch!

Saw VI (2009)

We were all let down by Saw 5 and believe me as a huge fan of the Saw series I was nervous going to see this, I knew if they did not pull it off the series would be as good as dead. This film is easily the best since part two, and somehow actually made me want to see part seven. For those already invested in the series "Saw VI" is a Halloween treat. It's smarter than the previous three and it features some of the series most interesting traps.

Jennifer's Body

Megan Fox is sooo dang hot in this one...me nude scene siya rito (malayo ang kuha pero halata ang wankatang niya nakakatakam!!!). Me kissing scene pala siya kay Amanda (Mamma Mia!) Seyfried (as "Needy", Jennifer's nerdy-nerdy na BFF)

Me pagka-homage ito kina "Carrie" & "The Exorcist"...medyo me pagka-OA ang dialogue ni Diablo Cody (na sumulat rin ng "Juno")

Jennifer's Body

Megan Fox is sooo dang hot in this one...me nude scene siya rito (malayo ang kuha pero halata ang wankatang niya nakakatakam!!!). Me kissing scene pala siya kay Amanda (Mamma Mia!) Seyfried (as "Needy", Jennifer's nerdy-nerdy na BFF)

Me pagka-homage ito kina "Carrie" & "The Exorcist"...medyo me pagka-OA ang dialogue ni Diablo Cody (na sumulat rin ng "Juno")

Got to watch "Jennifer's Body" too.. mah date thought it was just a lil suspense flick...until she got really scared with the initial scenes :lol: the endin' was kinda corny...especially when Megan "floats" in her "battle" wit "Mama Mia" lady Amanda Seyfried...both are hot, though... never thought Amanda can be that hot, too... luv the girl to girl kissin' scene :cool: and of course, Megan's a real hottie :cool:

Watched "All About Steve" too...funny flick...lotsa laughs...Sandra's quite gettin' old though...the boobies showed she's quite old :lol: but she still funny, though... Bradley Cooper got it goin, too...fresh from his "The Hangover" success...Thomas Hayden Church was funny, too...same as the Chinese err Korean guy there (he was also in "The Hangover") forgot his name, though... not so bad...but don't expect much plot, though...

Next up... "2012" :cool: can't wait to see the CGI effects...they say it's much better than "Day After Tomorrow"... We shall see....

then a week later... "New Moon" :lol: If only to see a "matured" Dakota Fanning as part of the powerful Volturi :cool: Another Drew Barrymore in the making herre... hope she wins an Oscar soon, though...she's a pretty good actress... she wont win it as a vampire Volturi...but maybe in her other projects, though...

Edited by ^Tim^

Watched "All About Steve" too...funny flick...lotsa laughs...Sandra's quite gettin' old though...the boobies showed she's quite old :lol: but she still funny, though... Bradley Cooper got it goin, too...fresh from his "The Hangover" success...Thomas Hayden Church was funny, too...same as the Chinese err Korean guy there (he was also in "The Hangover") forgot his name, though... not so bad...but don't expect much plot, though...

Next up... "2012" :cool: can't wait to see the CGI effects...they say it's much better than "Day After Tomorrow"... We shall see....

Nice reunion for Bradley and his "Hangover" co-star Ken Jeong...not too enthused to catch it on the big screen because of the baaaad reviews...

Will be watching 2012 though...even if I thought The Day After Tomorrow was a massive snoozefest....I'm kinda sold on the CGI

Skipping on New Moon...I prefer my vampires Southern-fried (True Blood)

if ever 2012 will happen, walang pinoy na makakaligtas. una, wala tayong 1 billion euros bawat isa. pangalawa, makasarili tayo. mahilig sa kanya kanya at asa sa iba.

the movie though is nice. makatotohanan in a sense. but i believe na ang mundo ay hindi na masisira sa pamamagitan ng tubig.

but if ever 2012 will happen, prepare your 1B euros or else, prepare to die.

Jenifer's Body is a cheesy, cliche-ridden film that does not make any effort to hide the fact that it is capitalizing on stereotypes. It was unabashedly campy fun. The dialogue was extremely well-written and the crass humor was accompanied with cynical wit. Oh and Megan Fox was so damn hot. 7/10

2012 was a decent movie, complete with jaw-dropping effects, until they decided to give it a "good ending". If the main character died, then the movie would have been a lot more meaningful. IMHO, if the writer had some sense of resolve, they should not skimp on tragedy, as the film was already gearing towards that. Other than that, it was a great film, complete with characters that the viewer will admire. 8/10

What do you get if you throw an incomprehensibly ludicrous plot riddled with... er.. plot holes, characters that you will neither sympathize nor relate to, and a shitload of tasteless violence? I'm all for blood and gore, I mean I LIKED hostel. But Law Abiding Citizen's brand of violence was weak. It was crap. It's only saving grace was the fact that Gerard Butler was such a f*cking badass. Abysmal. 5/10

Nice reunion for Bradley and his "Hangover" co-star Ken Jeong...not too enthused to catch it on the big screen because of the baaaad reviews...

Will be watching 2012 though...even if I thought The Day After Tomorrow was a massive snoozefest....I'm kinda sold on the CGI

Skipping on New Moon...I prefer my vampires Southern-fried (True Blood)

well, "All About Steve" wasn't that bad, that's me...but not as good either like Sandra's previous comedies... "The Hangover," though, is laughfest, just like "Old School" of Will Ferrell, Luke Wilson and Vince Vaughn...

So it's Ken Jeong...now ill remember the name... he was great in "The Hangover," though, than "All About Steve." :lol:

Well, "2012" is not overrated.... a great film...much better than "Day After Tomorrow." For guys who don't like happy endings, well, u'll be disappointed...but to get to that happy ending, ur gonna njoy the hard route the lead characters went to... heck, the dog even survived...did it? :unsure:

Well, "New Moon" later... hope to catch it tomorrow, not tonight... and "True Blood" is great because of Anna Paquin :evil: like those vamps sexy too, isn't it? :evil:

jennifer's body -- if you like maegan fox, watch it. for juno fans, the diablo cody-written movie is a disappointment. it's a satire alright, but a pool of cliches (rockstars offering their souls to satan for fame, needy chick BFFs with school hottie, HS "caste system," just doesn't work for me. at ang daming cuts!

2012 -- the effects are good, just don't take the story too seriously. has the shock factor especially if you're watching it in a THX theater.

all about steve -- feel-good movie. pang-dvd lang.

new moon -- sell-out movie, just like the book. saving grace for me was the boy-wolves with killer bods. that's it. :lol:

new moon.... what can i say......?

nothing positive. the lines of the characters were so cheesy! mas cheesy pa kay john lloyd serious!

the plot revolves round isabela the ultimate selfish b-iotch who just wanted all the attention. kawawa naman yung

boy toy niyang werewolf.

as for the vampire character.. di talaga effective "cedric" mag harry potter nalang sya.

On the lighter side, i like alice' character and her appearance in the movie...

a plus for me was dakota fanning.. very effective vampire.. dun lang ako natuwa sa buong movie.. thats

what you call a token role which light the scene up.. for the entire movie.

but thats just me :)

2012, for the "men of faith" point of view, has a story lines that doesnt show any values or lesson. It just shows your faiths are not counted but a billion Euros and bit of luck can be your salvation.

On the other hand, its true.... those who have moolas to spare and the just lucky ones have all the fun in this world, 2012 or not.

Lame acting, not so convincing explanation of why its happening, uninspiring storyline, what we only pay for are its amazing digital effects. Just a popcorn shaking movie.

Edited by kanto-terrorist
On the lighter side, i like alice' character and her appearance in the movie...

a plus for me was dakota fanning.. very effective vampire.. dun lang ako natuwa sa buong movie.. thats

what you call a token role which light the scene up.. for the entire movie.

but thats just me :)

true that :thumbsupsmiley: watched New Moon primarily because of the curiousity about the Volturi...and in particular, Dakota Fanning :lol: I was hated for watchin' this flick...but was really curious about the grown up Dakota...short role for her who has starred in many flicks...but effective.... she'll get more time in "Eclipse" though...and might have to watch that with someone else...someone who does not dodge the overhyped Twilight movies like a bubonic plague :lol:

but...have to admit the flaws in the movie...cheesy lines...Bella and Edward's acting...well, yeah, it's not an Oscar-worthy film with great plot/screenplay and cinematography...it's for the "giggly" teenyboppers, as someone ranted to me recently :lol: but then again, this one has some action compared to Twilight, and the Volturi gives it some twist...and of course, Dakota :lol: am gonna get crucified for these comments by someone I know :lol:

Team Dakota, anyone? hehehe

But then again, no regrets watchin a chick flick :lol: Next up : A Christmas Carol...Always liked Jim Carrey's humor...even if he's too loud (and corny for his critics) and noisy for his own good... And of course, you'll love Scrooge :lol:

Edited by ^Tim^
true that :thumbsupsmiley: watched New Moon primarily because of the curiousity about the Volturi...and in particular, Dakota Fanning :lol: I was hated for watchin' this flick...but was really curious about the grown up Dakota...short role for her who has starred in many flicks...but effective.... she'll get more time in "Eclipse" though...and might have to watch that with someone else...someone who does not dodge the overhyped Twilight movies like a bubonic plague :lol:

but...have to admit the flaws in the movie...cheesy lines...Bella and Edward's acting...well, yeah, it's not an Oscar-worthy film with great plot/screenplay and cinematography...it's for the "giggly" teenyboppers, as someone ranted to me recently :lol: but then again, this one has some action compared to Twilight, and the Volturi gives it some twist...and of course, Dakota :lol: am gonna get crucified for these comments by someone I know :lol:

Team Dakota, anyone? hehehe

even dakota fanning wasn't able to save the "eternally boring" movie---and that's me quoting AP. it sucks. big time.

watched twilight with my gf and sister, natulog lang ako....grrr...I do think its a "for girls" only movie...kasi parang its a stepped-up fashion show e...

where's blood and gore movies when you need one?

it's not even fashionable! the movie, the clothes, the vampires had to be more... vampy. bella isn't even hot. still can't believe i was dragged to watch this. :P

you're right, it's for girls. 12-yo girls.

maganda ung assassin,,, imho,,,,,, ! hehehe,,, any reviews for paranormal, carol xmas, amelia, etc...?

movie; christmas carol

rating; 4

comment' mas maganda panoorin sa 3D buhay na buhay ang action.

movie; paranormal activity

rating;4

comment; low budget but i think the most scariest movie this year.

movie; ninja assassin

rating; 4

comment; may story line at sobrang violent ang action scenes.nakakapagod panoorin.

more reviews on Assassin please.. im trying to think if its worth the money. Is it near Akiro's 7 Samurai?

If you have not seen the movie ninja assassin, go now, it's worth your money. sa tindi ng action, bloody action that is. at kung mahilig ka sa action movie this is it.sagad to the bones talaga.