The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Tourist is not that bad and not that good. Angelina Jolie did not perform any action scenes in here so don't expect that the tourist' action scenes are like SALT. The plot and content of the movie is a bit good. This movie is more of a content than an action/stunt movie po.....

After you watched the tourist, you might say... "ok lang..."

Thanks bro, just watched it yesterday, for me it's more than Ok lang since Johnny Depp really made that movie more special, ANGELINA was a bit sub par in the role, IMHO..

but overall, it's more than good....

:)

also, Paul Bettany is one of my favorite actors, hehehehhee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

highly recommend The Fighter starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Slater, in what is probably the latter's best performance yet. this is the movie that Wahlberg was making when he was visiting Pacquiao in the wild card gym.

all Pinoys should watch this film if only because we love Pacquiao and, by extension, boxing. but more than that, the acting from all quarters was superb, even the honky tonk sisters that one review called "a bouffant, virulent version of the seven dwarves" were perfect.

watch the movie before its swept away by the manila film fest.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/reviews/2010-12-10-fighter10_ST_N.htm?csp=IMDBreviews

Loved the movie, except that Mark Wahlberg was not convincing as a fighter (I know a little bit of boxing). This is probably the reason why he was the only main character on the movie who was NOT nominated for an Academy Award. Mas convincing pang boxer si Hilary Swank sa Million Dollar baby. Ask anyone who knows boxing and they will tell you the same thing. Mark Wahlberg (for all those muscles) can't punch! I am giving him the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe it is because he is trying to emulate Micky Ward (a real life fighter), and he just can't get that left hook kidney punch right. If not, if that is all Mark Wahlberg can do in the ring, then I can beat his ass any day and twice on Sundays. I am not bragging. I'm not really that good, but Mark was just so LOUSY as a boxer. Anyone whose sparred at one time or another will tell you this.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the movie, except that Mark Wahlberg was not convincing as a fighter (I know a little bit of boxing). This is probably the reason why he was the only main character on the movie who was NOT nominated for an Academy Award. Mas convincing pang boxer si Hilary Swank sa Million Dollar baby. Ask anyone who knows boxing and they will tell you the same thing. Mark Wahlberg (for all those muscles) can't punch! I am giving him the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe it is because he is trying to emulate Micky Ward (a real life fighter), and he just can't get that left hook kidney punch right. If not, if that is all Mark Wahlberg can do in the ring, then I can beat his ass any day and twice on Sundays. I am not bragging. I'm not really that good, but Mark was just so LOUSY as a boxer. Anyone whose sparred at one time or another will tell you this.

Mark Wahlberg was so so here (not only the boxing part). The movie was great...his acting not so.

Christian Bale's name should be first in the credits. (or was it?) :P

127 hours

-- truly a nice performance by JAMES FRANCO....

:)

thumbs up movie! :)

• 2 weeks later...