The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

good kiddie movie and dunno if its worth going to a 3d type just to get "hit" by falling food.

I'd rather go to mcdo and eat actual hamburgers than spend it on the 3d version :rolleyes: my daughter didn't enjoy it much, also didn't enjoy disney's princess and the frog movie.

maybe my daughter is growing up now <_< more on teen angst na ang gusto like twilight or new moon.

btw, new moon sucks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alice in wonderland:

A good movie specially for kids and kids at heart, but read tnhe book first...the title of this film must be....Alice back in wonderland....and to the kids making noises at the back while the movie is going on.....Alice Dian!!

Edited by iangastic
watched percy jackson.. not that overwhelminng....but entertaining i love athena's daughter

same comment. the dashing and debonair ex james bond was reduced to a centaur. Just another take of the greek mythology's characters movie. IParang prelude to clash of the titans. Most of the characters that appear here is expected to be in clash remake.

My best movie for 2010 so far is The Book of Eli. Another good characterization by Denzel Washington. The movies ending was a revelation. I like it.

Second is Brooklyn's Finest. An all star cast movie headed by Richard Gere, Don Cheadle & Ethan Hawke. Not a feel good movie but fine performances by its actors and plot of the story is also good.

Far third is From Paris with love. John Travolta is badass in his bald headed wax on, wax off character.

Edited by mightytor
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched Kick-Ass last weekend and it literally kicked some serious ass! I'm not familiar with the comic book but the movie sure is way better than Watchmen, IMO. Hit Girl gave the most interesting moments although I'm sure it will concern some people. Best (non)superhero movie of the year, so far, for me.

Watched Kick-Ass last weekend and it literally kicked some serious ass! I'm not familiar with the comic book but the movie sure is way better than Watchmen, IMO. Hit Girl gave the most interesting moments although I'm sure it will concern some people. Best (non)superhero movie of the year, so far, for me.

Amen to that....

As I have posted in another leading BB, Kick-Ass is what Watchmen should have been.

Btw, while catching the LMF over at G4 cinema, I saw a young mother bring his rather underage son to the screening...and to think this is supposed to be a R-13 film!!!

Love it, though....

ironman2 is the year's biggest movie so far. i find the first movie more exciting, though. it has its good moments, and the effects are nice. downey's acting carries the film, you'd either want to be tony stark (and bang scarlett j) or want tony stark (naked). :P

i love, love, love kick-ass. the cliches are there: bad guy with good son who turns into a villain, loser kid becomes a superhero and falls in love with a hottie schoolmate, the unending quest to save the world. but the story is a lot more than that, it's really witty and fun (if you have the sense of humor for the kind of movie). you gotta love hitgirl, she rocks big time.

iron man was good. i liked the way it was done. the SUIT case was awesome. one thing i noticed was during black widow's fight scene with the henchmen, everytime she took one out they had to make her pose. weird.

all in all it was a really good movie. ill watch it again this week.

iron man was good. i liked the way it was done. the SUIT case was awesome. one thing i noticed was during black widow's fight scene with the henchmen, everytime she took one out they had to make her pose. weird.

all in all it was a really good movie. ill watch it again this week.

What do they think of Black Widow? Daig pa sa Power Ranger mag-pose .....

• 2 weeks later...

i'd rate LOSERS 3 out of 5.

nice action scenes, but no character development.

i can't relate to Clay or the other guys.

compare it with Liam Neeson's TAKEN.

the first part showed his background -

yung detachment nya from his family,

his pain seeing his ex-wife and child

being taken cared of by another man.

kitang-kita mo yung motivation nya

once he starts mowing down the bad guys.

ROBINHOOD

during the first part mejo nakakaantok and the way he characters spoke...

mejo mahirap intindihin kase then do not pronounce words in a good way...

almost half open mouth sila magsalita..

but in the end...

during the battles and the complications...

gumanda na...

ill giev it a 2 out of 5...

prince of persia- non-stop action. good plot, particularly for game-based movies. good story telling. visually stimulating sets and costumes. hot girl. emphasis on hot girl. highly recommended.

shrek 4- least funny episode of the series (and i thought it couldn't get worse than the third). but still good for a dozen laughs. witty writing we got used to particularly with the first two editions shows up every so often. animation still top notch. with added bonus of 3-d. still recommended.

Edited by kanski
  • 2 weeks later...

Unthinkable

I watched this the other day and I was confused as to why this release went straight to BluRay but according to IMDB it hasn't been released yet. Anyway, it seems Hollywood cannot produce enough films about terrorists and this movie is no different. Samuel L. Jackson plays a black ops interrogator who is commisioned to extract information from a man who claims to have deployed nuclear bombs around the country. It's a psychological thriller, it's fast-paced & it keeps you on the edge of your seat. It asks to justify the extreme lengths that a human being would go through in order to achieve the greater good, hence the title Unthinkable. This isn't really a feel good movie so try not to watch it with your kids. :P

I'd rate this movie 7.5/10 - SLJ is always entertaining and is worth at least 4 stars out of the 7.5