Apple iPhone

anyone know hanyone knows how to disable the wifi and internet connection? i have try turning off the 3G and wifi but it seems to be connecting still

To Disable WIFI

Settings >> WIFI >> OFF

To Disable 3G or EDGE/GPRS

Settings >> General >> Network >> Cellular Data Network >> APN

add one character to the end of the APN, so that it would be an invalid address.

Ex. "internet.globe.com.ph" change to "internet.globe.com.ph1"

to Enable just put back the original APN address.

the new iphone 4.0 has a micro sim card slot which is not compatible with our sim cards here...so if Globe will get the contract again from apple...they might issue micro sim cards to those who will avail plans that have a high monthly dues...what do you think guys?

isnt this just on the prototype so that it couldn't be used by just anyone?

Sorry to gloat but have my iphone 4 in hand and working, it's awesome. Had a 1st generation one that drove me mad, now finally have a phone thats worth the hype. Somehow looks less sexy to me that previous models it's true, especially with the bumper trim on, but maybe I'm a sucker for the organic sexy curves of the old ones. Functionally tho its in a different league.

I can see a whole new world of mtc fun opening up as members think of uses for the Facetime video calling function..

Happy to answer any queries.

Is the I phone 4 available in Manila already? Where? How much? Thanks.

i don't think it's already available in manila, officially. you can try looking at greenhills as many there have connections that enable them to acquire such devices early. you can also look for those underground sites if they already have those available.

as for the price, it usually costs more

Edited by dee_oh_em

July 2, 2010

Letter from Apple Regarding iPhone 4

Dear iPhone 4 Users,

The iPhone 4 has been the most successful product launch in Apple’s history. It has been judged by reviewers around the world to be the best smartphone ever, and users have told us that they love it. So we were surprised when we read reports of reception problems, and we immediately began investigating them. Here is what we have learned.

To start with, gripping almost any mobile phone in certain ways will reduce its reception by 1 or more bars. This is true of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, as well as many Droid, Nokia and RIM phones. But some users have reported that iPhone 4 can drop 4 or 5 bars when tightly held in a way which covers the black strip in the lower left corner of the metal band. This is a far bigger drop than normal, and as a result some have accused the iPhone 4 of having a faulty antenna design.

At the same time, we continue to read articles and receive hundreds of emails from users saying that iPhone 4 reception is better than the iPhone 3GS. They are delighted. This matches our own experience and testing. What can explain all of this?

We have discovered the cause of this dramatic drop in bars, and it is both simple and surprising.

Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong. Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength. For example, we sometimes display 4 bars when we should be displaying as few as 2 bars. Users observing a drop of several bars when they grip their iPhone in a certain way are most likely in an area with very weak signal strength, but they don’t know it because we are erroneously displaying 4 or 5 bars. Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place.

To fix this, we are adopting AT&T’s recently recommended formula for calculating how many bars to display for a given signal strength. The real signal strength remains the same, but the iPhone’s bars will report it far more accurately, providing users a much better indication of the reception they will get in a given area. We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see.

We will issue a free software update within a few weeks that incorporates the corrected formula. Since this mistake has been present since the original iPhone, this software update will also be available for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.

We have gone back to our labs and retested everything, and the results are the same— the iPhone 4’s wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped. For the vast majority of users who have not been troubled by this issue, this software update will only make your bars more accurate. For those who have had concerns, we apologize for any anxiety we may have caused.

As a reminder, if you are not fully satisfied, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

We hope you love the iPhone 4 as much as we do.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Apple

pls note that the video chat feature

is available only in WiFi, and between

iPhones only.

they still have to work out details

with the carriers if they're gonna

push through with real video calling.

i find 3G video calling crappy.

i want to see if the 4G version is

already smooth & HD-quality.

would be nice to see iPhone4 go

head-to-head with HTC EVO 4G.

You can use the "Fring" app to make video calls to the EVO 4G using either wifi or 3G. ;)

iPhone 4 may not work for me.... I'm Left handed hehehe

I'm left handed too... so it will not work also for me? he he he..

Apple already admit they're mistake regarding faulty antenna design.. they said

"were not perfect" He he he ! At least they offer phone case for free..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a mean guy so havent loaded many paid-for apps, the polyTune guitar tuner being one of the few. The free Hipstamatic camera is fun tho, especially with the decent camera on the 4g. The Real Racing demo is also worth playing with, but Im not sure either work so well on a 3g.

I understand the thing about cutting the SIM. Is there anyone with first-hand experience on doing that? Any problem/s encountered after doing so? Any first-hand feedback on using the iPhone 4 here in the Philippines? Would like to know if the reception is really that bad or like they say putting a case off-sets this problem. How about the battery life, how long those it usually last on a single full charge. Is the talk-time and stand-by time really as published? Any second thoughts on using the iPhone 4 in the Philippines? Thanks...

you can cut the sim, but I don't advise doing this, unless your telecom can replace a damaged sim in a minute, in PH .. it ain't gonna happen. also, the micro sim a bit thinner than the normal sim.

for the signal issues, everything is okay, the newly delivered iPHONEs are doing great, even the 32GBs. No antenna, wifi, or BT failure.