Apple iPhone

a few pages back, i chanced upon the many replies of people complaining about their inability to text with the iphone while they drive. dapat nga siguro lahat ng cel eh parang iphone so that the incidence of texting while driving will drop if not totally be eradicated. i once saw a study wherein the response time while texting and driving is even slower compared to that while drinking and driving. accidents aside, how many of you had to honk at the slow moving car in front of you only to find out that the driver is texting? i rest my case.

admittedly though, it really is a chore to text using this phone, whether you are driving or not. i just see it as one of the concessions that i deal with to enjoy it's other benefit (and my reason for purchasing one)- having an ipod built in.

the applications i see as a bonus.

a few pages back, i chanced upon the many replies of people complaining about their inability to text with the iphone while they drive. dapat nga siguro lahat ng cel eh parang iphone so that the incidence of texting while driving will drop if not totally be eradicated. i once saw a study wherein the response time while texting and driving is even slower compared to that while drinking and driving. accidents aside, how many of you had to honk at the slow moving car in front of you only to find out that the driver is texting? i rest my case.

admittedly though, it really is a chore to text using this phone, whether you are driving or not. i just see it as one of the concessions that i deal with to enjoy it's other benefit (and my reason for purchasing one)- having an ipod built in.

the applications i see as a bonus.

Haha I had the same dilemma years back with my HP Ipaq that's why I switched back to Nokia. But right now, I'm using a blackberry that's why I can't reply while driving.

But you have a good point. Even though it's already been made illegal, they really should make phones QWERTY types so it would be alot harder to text while driving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First i wasn't that interested in the iphone, but upon hearing great news about the apps, it reminded me of nokia's s60 platform. sabi ko ayos to daming bagay na mapapakinabangan. then i had a k800i, which i had no reason to give up cause it had all i ever needed in a phone, so i just got the ipod touch 2nd gen instead. tas ayun nanakawan ako lahat nawala, so no choice but to merge these to devices into 1. tada iphone din ako nauwe, i love it, sarap magtext lalo na pagunli para lang nag-i-im. hehe... ndi stressful sa daliri kasi walang halos impact pag nagtype. the only thing i hate about it is the batt life. and being unable to share my music to my friends.

btw, i currently have the iphone edge(2g). i'd rather call it that way kasi yun naman kasi yun 1st gen. tsaka mas cool pakinggan. hehehe... i did thought about buying the 3G pero mahal tapos i don't see much difference between the two and the latest version 3gs with my phone. GPS, remote wipe, better graphics accelerator, etc... who uses them here in the P.I.?

Today something weird happened to my iphone. I played the chess app and I think medyo mabilis yung pag-tap ko ng screen. Anyway, nag-hang after a few hours of continuous playing! Now its back, but I noticed nawala na yung sounds ng ibang apps, and nawala din yung sounds ng keystroke. Nawala din yung sounds ng message alert. Yung ibang apps meron pa din sounds, like star wars. My music plays OK, meron naman sounds. I used my headset and meron naman sounds. If I click the ringer, meron naman sound. Pero nawala yung sound ng keyboard tapping. I already turned it off and on again, no change. Some apps lost their sounds even if I set them to ON. Oh, it vibrates lang, in place of the phone sounds. I looked into the settings and wala ako makita na pwedeng gawin. The speakers are OK naman. Has this happened to any of you? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone's info,

I called the apple store today in modesto, ca to get the iphone 32 gb 3gs. to my surprise, you could actually buy the unit itself from the apple store without the contract from att, just the phone. THe ihpone not tied to a contarct would only cost $700 + tax or $34000 plus tax.

I'm a smart subscriber. can I use it on Iphone 3gs? with surfing internet thru smart network?

yes, u can use non-globe sim if ur using factory unlocked iphones (e.g. bought from hk, singapore, australia, etc). iphone fro phils are locked to globe. u need to jailbreak them to be usable with other networks.

I really don't understand your argument. What you're describing is an infrastructure issue rather than an iPhone one. And what phone does not use a data service in order to access the internet? What you said can be applied to just about any phone out there.

[/qu

this is not an argument but a an opinion and a review , assessment and all the adjective one may describe regarding my take on the i-phone as a user. i agree though with you on everything you said except for the word argument . areso? peace.

i have a big problem mga bro...my friend sent me an iphone 3gs from canada...may bayad syempre...locked under rogers (canadian provider). the first thing i did was upgrade my pc with itunes9 and the worst is i also upgraded the phone's firmware to 3.1. i then surf for tips to jailbreak and make it openline...:Lo and behold, all along there were already reminders out there in the web not to update the firmware as doing so would also update the phone baseband which wont allow you to jailbreak, openline, nor downgrade to lower version...so now, my iphone is just like an itouch. and until now, looks like the devteam hasn't cracked the 3.1 yet especially for 3Gs.

anyone who had the same probs? did you manage to fix it?!? oh i guess i'm just the idiot here :(