Apple iPhone

My friend said Globe is already offering the micro SIM but you can't port your current number, you have to get a new Globe number. Don't know what the logic is to this <_<

wala pa ba microsim sa Globe? I heard ibebenta din dito ung iPhone 4 so dapat meron na din sila microsim.

My friend said Globe is already offering the micro SIM but you can't port your current number, you have to get a new Globe number. Don't know what the logic is to this <_<

ganyan talaga nangyayari pagka relax ang competition. dapat papasukin na ng ntc iba pang telecoms para matuto both smart and globe.

nagpaplan ako magpabili ng iphone sa SG sa friend ko. dun ata ung pinakamalapit sa pinas na unlocked and mura. ang problem ko eh san kaya sa QC may nagcucut ng sim using puncher. ayoko naman bumili ng puncher na worth $20-30 kasi once lang naman gagamitin. ayoko din naman icut manually. and i've read na pag ni-cut using puncher, pwede ulit ibalik ung sim sa dati in case gagamitin sya sa ibang phone.

nagpaplan ako magpabili ng iphone sa SG sa friend ko. dun ata ung pinakamalapit sa pinas na unlocked and mura. ang problem ko eh san kaya sa QC may nagcucut ng sim using puncher. ayoko naman bumili ng puncher na worth $20-30 kasi once lang naman gagamitin. ayoko din naman icut manually. and i've read na pag ni-cut using puncher, pwede ulit ibalik ung sim sa dati in case gagamitin sya sa ibang phone.

Heard sa greenhills meron na raw nag offer puncher for micro SIM. And yes I heard it's possible to re-attach the micro SIM (using tape?) to simulate a regular mini SIM for use in another phone.

Heard sa greenhills meron na raw nag offer puncher for micro SIM. And yes I heard it's possible to re-attach the micro SIM (using tape?) to simulate a regular mini SIM for use in another phone.

thanks for the info. will try to visit greenhills once i get my phone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good news.. Globe will officially launch iPhone 4 this coming Sunday 26-Sept.. check their website

mukhang hindi sya good news para sa akin,

check how Globe Pricing for the iPhone 4 as explained by Yugatech

The original no-contract price of the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 is $699 (32GB) in the US via AT&T (exclusive of taxes). When the iPhone 3GS was released with Globe Telecom last year, the prepaid price was Php42,250 (which includes taxes and some margins).

At that time (July 2009), the exchange rate was in the Php48 : $1, which makes it about $880 when converted back to dollars.

Today (September 2010), the exchange rates are a bit lower — Php43.9 : $1. Common sense would dictate the local Philippine price would have also gone down, right? Nope.

Turns out the 32GB iPhone 4 will retail for Php43,699. In today’s exchange rates, that amount is equivalent to a staggering $1,002! cont..

<_< Edited by i-rivere

mukhang hindi sya good news para sa akin,

check how Globe Pricing for the iPhone 4 as explained by Yugatech

<_<

Good enough news to me. Globe just called me to tell me that the iphones I reserved will be avalable for pick-up Sept 24. Its not so bad. Plan P3499 gets you a free unit. This gives you unli text and call, 240 minutes of calls to other networks, 600 SMS, unli internet, unli wifi.

The cheapest plan P499 will need you to pay P30,899 for the 32GB iphone 4 and P25,399 for the 16GB model. For this you get unli calling and 300 sms.

Globe said that they will not be offering the phones to individual subscribers but only to corporate accounts because Apple has allocated only 800 units to the Philippines and they do not know when they will get more inventory.

Here in Singapore you can buy a unit at apple store online, delivery depends on availability, nan dun na rin yun price...just to share...

I found the iPhone 4 still expensive in SG compared to what you need to pay Globe. In Sim Lim and Funan I could not find anything lower than S$1,800 and I still have to worry about service and warranties if I take it back to Manila. Globe's new P3,499 plan with the free 16 GB iPhone 4 made more sense to me. The only thing is that they only offer it to corporate subscribers--not really an issue.

I found the iPhone 4 still expensive in SG compared to what you need to pay Globe. In Sim Lim and Funan I could not find anything lower than S$1,800 and I still have to worry about service and warranties if I take it back to Manila. Globe's new P3,499 plan with the free 16 GB iPhone 4 made more sense to me. The only thing is that they only offer it to corporate subscribers--not really an issue.

Got my iPhone 4s today Sept 24. Globe did an early launch for corporate subscribers. The consumer launch is Sept 26, Sunday. The ran out of phones by 4 p.m. and we had to wait for a second batch to be brought in. I got these at 7:45 p.m.

post-188-092683800 1285349126.jpg

I have been using the iPhone 4 for a week now and I have been using it heavily. If this much ballyhooed antenna problem is a real one it should have manifested by now. But either Apple had fixed it in iOS 4.1 or Americans just have strange ways of using their phone. I am even using the iPhone to write and post this. I have not experienced any dropped calls--even while carrying on in the elevators at Enterprise Center where I have an office. I even tether the iPhone to my MacBook Pro and us it as an Internet access device and not only does it work, but I get decent speeds up to 2.5 Mbps which does not cut off even if I use the phone for a voice call or SMS. FaceTime works too. I've been able to use it to do an annotated live video between the Enterprise Center office's WiFi and Singapore.

I must say, that moving from a SE 900i to an HTC Touch Cruise was a major jump in functionality for me. But the crappy Windows Mobile 6.5 OS on the HTC made it the only item I owned that I did not regret losing to the Ondoy flood. A 2nd hand iPhone 2G was so much better than that HTC. But even with that, it's like night and day on the iPhone 4.

Too bad Globe had ran out of them. I should have got more than just 2.