Apple iPhone

i assume its like the iPod touch. turn it off. press and hold down the off button at the top until it reboots. works for an ipod Touch... and i do believe that aside from the mic, and the GSM antenna, theyre practially the same device

If this doesnt work you can do a hard reset..... jsut press and hold the home button and the sleep button until your phone shuts down....dont let go until the apple logo pops up again..... :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
May nkpagtry na ba na iphone 3g (globe locked) na jailbreak den nung nasira dinala sa globe tinanggap pa rin?

Kasi pede nman mawala ang jailbreak once n ilagay mong yung tamang firmaware pero do they have a program that

will detect if the iphone is hack.

i dont think they will be able to detect that it is a jailbroken iphone....pero i might be wrong though. kasi here in US a lot of jailbroken iphone ang ginagawa lang ng mga owners is to reset it to default using the itunes to obtain the recent firmware.

i dont think they will be able to detect that it is a jailbroken iphone....pero i might be wrong though. kasi here in US a lot of jailbroken iphone ang ginagawa lang ng mga owners is to reset it to default using the itunes to obtain the recent firmware.

R u sure i tried it. Anyone hu done this.. plsss... tell me if its ok to jailbreak w/o compromising the warranty.

• 4 weeks later...
Your not sure, so pls help me for those who tried to jailbreak there globe iphone 3g w/o compromising their warranty...

Pls give me FR.

if you jailbreak your Globe issued iphone it automatically voids the warranty. so if its a software issue and you take it to globe and they see it jailbroken, they will not touch the unit. if its a hardware issue, first try resetting the software back to the Mac OS software and inspect the phone fully with the Mac software to see it was really a HW issue or just an issue with SW. It just may be possible that the jailbreak was not cleanly done and the issue was SW. because when you go to globe with the phone reset back to Mac OS and they find nothing wrong, and they ask you what's the issue and you tell them it wont work when jailbroken, then you're out of luck sir, they wont fix it.

jailbreaking is risky, but fun. just be sure you know what youre doing.

its just like a PC/laptop sir. (ananlogy)

you buy a branded PC or laptop with legal windows XP installed. and then you decide to install pirated windows Vista, then it breaks down. If you take it back to the store with the pirated windows vista, they'll more likely than not reinstall the winXP that came with it first. that is to check if the issue was with the pirated copy. so before taking the laptop back to the store, just backup your files and reimage the laptop with the included installer and check for issues, if there are, chances are, its a HW issue, take it back to the store where you got it, they see the licensed XP that came with it, and they'll honor the warranty.

Edited by marc.alan